Has anyone heard these speakers?

Discussion in 'Soundcards, Speakers HiFI & File formats' started by TyrantofJustice, Jun 16, 2011.

1. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
  2. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O
    Not the same model, but I've been using this 2.1 set for like 6 years, and they still rock the house. Very accurate, tight but voluminous bass, I recommend Altec Lansing.

If I remember right, they originated feom another company, maybe JBL? Something like that.

3. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    Altec Lansing are good speakers that 'come with the computer' but past that...i wouldnt give em away...:p

4. TyrantofJustice

TyrantofJustice Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 super
    Lol I had those speakers about 4 -5 years ago they were my first somewhat real speakers for a pc..I really liked them.

5. PhatKat

PhatKat Banned

GPU:
    Hawk 5770 1.02G/1.4G H2O

I think it depends which model you get. Also opinion, sound is a very subjective thing.

6. RexAeterna1987

RexAeterna1987 Member

GPU:
    XFX 5870@stock
    Altec Lansing are known to make great speakers. computer speakers i don't know. i know they made wonderful floor speakers and bookshelf speakers back then around the 70's. they were famous as well for their massive tweeter horns alone weighing over 150lbs each.

7. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    When I bought my speakers I did a lot of research into different models etc, and came to the following conclusions:

- Altec Lansing sound quite good, but is focussed more on bass
    - Logitech speakers are overrated!
    - most speakers use plastic cabinets for the satellite speakers.

Thats when I came across Microlab, and I'd have to say I was very impressed! The speakers I got, the FC-730, are brilliant!

The website is here:
    http://www.microlab.cn/main.asp

This is what I have (an earlier revision, the only difference is the new one adds am/fm radio):
    http://www.microlab.cn/product_detail.asp?id=223&bigclassid=15&smallclassid=63

I love the fact the speakers have wooden cabinets, it does make a difference with the sound! (plus all the speakers are shielded).

There are lots of models to choose from, each with its target listening group.

The main thing to remember and consider is most of the computer speaker systems rely on the subwoofer to drown out the fact the mid and high end ranges aren't exactly pure. These speakers give great sound right across the spectrum, I personally couldn't go back to using Altec Lansing, Logitech etc.

So look through the range, specs etc, they do have their low, mid and hi-range. The great thing is also they aren't too expensive :)