Has anyone been able to get scanline sync working with UT99?

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by xenphor, Aug 1, 2019.

1. xenphor

xenphor Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    Unfortunately this game doesn't work well with fast sync (nvidia), because the game speed seems to be tied to the frame rate. So instead I thought about using scanline sync, which would limit the frame rate while also giving me low input lag. However, while scanline sync does fix the game speed issue, it introduces some severe stuttering.

I'm using the OpenGl renderer from here: https://www.cwdohnal.com/utglr/. It does have a frame rate limit option which I've set to 120 with fast sync, but then that also introduces stutter. I've had decent results with this renderer otherwise, so I'm not sure I want to try any others unless someone can confirm one works with scanline sync.

I guess this game doesn't like having the frame rate limited, or is there some other issue? Has anyone else tried using scanline sync with it?

2. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 960 OC
    don't use frame limit option on two different tools together!

3. xenphor

xenphor Member

GPU:
    Asus HD 6850 1GB
    I guess I wasn't clear; I wasn't using the frame limit option until after I tried scanline sync and fast sync by themselves. After that, I thought maybe using whatever frame limit option the OpenGL renderer had with fast sync (not scanline sync of course) could help but it didn't.