Happy new drivers eve AMD'rs!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by brianfist, Mar 19, 2015.

1. theoneofgod

theoneofgod Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 8GB
    Don't you see the contradiction here.

"I don't care how much they piss me off"
    "They do all they can for the consumer"

2. erocker

erocker Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    Calm down. Yes, that will totally get you your drivers faster.:bonk:

3. brunopita

brunopita Banned

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    When the new series of cards come out they HAVE to release the driver. So, that's the maximum we have to wait. Or maybe they release a specific driver just for the new cards. Then they have to release a new driver when Windows 10 arrives. Ok, that's a good date.

4. klaupe

klaupe Member Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti AmpExtreme
    Only if they reach the truly pure permaclimax of driver experience...

Both are working hard to get it done.

5. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    hard....climax...

lol

6. N3MBOT

N3MBOT Member Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte R9 280xoc
    wasn´t BF hardline launch, a game that uses mantle , worthy of a new improved set of drivers on time??what happened?

not complaining about the current ones , they work great , as a single card user i don´t experience 99% of the problems i read here , only the monitor sleep bug.

but the lack of comunication from AMD about this stuff is their worst problem , everything about AMD is hard as hell to get good info on , except on forums like this where "some" good one can be found , but mainly to forum users expertise , not from AMD itself.
    even the software they´re associated with , RAPTR, that delivers the functions to their recording technology,the holy MANTLE, passes out an image of something that is done by some third party couple of guys with no real time or mindset to even think about PR and keeping the consumers informed and excited.

so no news and the constant feeling we dont even know if they are working on it and are aware of their major flaws concerning stuff that IS SUPOSED to be their flagship technology gives us this unconfortable feeling.
    this is where NVIDIA excels , they have a a way better PR team and know how to do it to keep you nice and relaxed concerning what they are or not doing.

as for the final product they are as **** as AMD if not worst, in act i had way lot less problems with my AMD cards.

this said... AMD talk to us , you´re doing a great job, but talk to us and it could only become better.
    (i know this isn´t the AMD foruns , that was methaforical)

7. Spenty

Spenty Active Member

GPU:
    Titan X @ 1500/8000
    Anyone know if it's possible to disable a core on the 295x2 so I can test freesync out on a single core?

8. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    sure, in CCC.

9. Spenty

Spenty Active Member

GPU:
    Titan X @ 1500/8000
    Can't see anything in CCC for disabling a core.

10. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    To disable Crossfire right-click your desktop and select "Catalyst Control Center". On the upper-left click "Graphics", then "CrossfireX". In the main area of the window, uncheck the "Enable Crossfire" option. Click "OK" to accept the changes and close the Control Center.

11. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    Nope, second gpu in 295X can't be completely disabled, you can only force it to use one gpu with a custom game profile... which only works with games.

So if you were planning on testing freesync with 295X; you can forget about it until they get crossfire support to freesync. Something is very wrong with the company when your TOP OF THE LINE product gets shatted when it comes to brand new features :3eyes:

@The Mac
    He wanted to test freesync with those leaked preview drivers but it is not doable because you can't enable freesync if you have crossfire on, which happens to on be default when you are sitting at your desktop.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  12. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    In CCC create a profile for the game you'd like to run on the single GPU and select the crossfire profile as "DISABLED". This will run the game on a single GPU.

13. Spenty

Spenty Active Member

GPU:
    Titan X @ 1500/8000
    That doesn't help though, the 2nd GPU would need to be completely disabled for me to be able to enable freesync.

As Osjur said it looks like I'm stuck till the crossfire driver comes out.

14. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Have you tried?

15. Spenty

Spenty Active Member

GPU:
    Titan X @ 1500/8000
    Yes, when ticking the freesync box then clicking apply it just resets the box and doesn't apply.

16. Osjur

Osjur Member

GPU:
    Radeon Fury X
    Yes because your CF is always "enabled" when you are sitting at your desktop even if you disable CF on game on and alt-tab out of it.

This has been a known limitation of dual gpu cards since they were first introduced.

17. The Mac

The Mac Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    set up a disabled profile for dwm.exe and explorer.exe

Last edited: Mar 20, 2015
  18. cookieboyeli

cookieboyeli Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 @2126
    Hahahaha wow. I really should have expected this.

Meanwhile, CF users... :pray2pc:

Not that driver updates actually improve it or anything.