Happy Holidays and Where's the AMD Driver?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Errant1, Dec 22, 2021.

1. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    I would just go back to BF5. That would increase frames. :p

2. xShARkx

xShARkx Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    I heard that AMD had improved their drivers since my HD4870 several years ago... And cause of that i brought a RX 5700 XT on early 2020 when my GTX 1080TI died also cause in my country at the time the price for nvidia ones were already so abusive and i had a free sync monitor, so i decided with an AMD card since the RX 5700 XT had good enough performance and i was able to find one for a nice price new. But oh boy, such disappointment ever since!

The card and the drivers are terrible!

The card is hot like crap(junction temperature always at 100 C or above), i had to under volt and manage the fan curve manually to prevent the fans from spinning above 80% all the time in any demanding game that i played making so much procreating noise!

The drivers are terrible, free sync does not work at all with my free sync monitor(black screen flickering and brightness flickering on several applications and games) and ever since i got the card i could not use enhanced sync as well cause its procreating broken too, so i need to use V-Sync cause i hate tearing on the screen but vsync as everyone knows it sucks! AMD settings when you press Alt+R to open it in game there is a chance that it will crash and make you finalize the process in task manager and lately the procreating drivers are crashing when watching watching YouTube? Besides some other issues that i had with the drivers since early 2020.

Nvidia drivers are not perfect, but they are far from being bad as the AMD ones! I some driver related problems with nvidia too, but it was so much less problems and also much less frequently!

3. MyEinsamkeit

MyEinsamkeit Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon Pro VII 16GB
    Honestly, i like hardline and bf3 as my favorite bf games, wish they made hardline 2.

On another note, I'm using Adrenalin 20.9.1 for my rx 570 8gb and radeon pro w5500, i can run any game without any problems. plus i like using the older cp anyway.

4. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Doesn't sound like it's running very cool, what card is it? What's your case?
    Need more info on your setup so we can assist you :rolleyes:

Agonist likes this.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Hard to assist user error.
    I had a 5700xt, and literally none of the errors he is crying about happened to me.

6. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    I was hoping this would have been a 2042 remake, my fave battlefield besides BC2 which I sunk ridiculous amounts of hrs in back in the day.

With my setup I'm capping the frame rate to 100fps to keep it constant @3440x1440, still get the odd random DX driver hung bug. Still a massive issue they need to fix.

Need a beefy setup to run 2042 in it's current state to brute force the frame rate, wonder how it runs on current consoles.

7. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MERC310 RX 7900 XTX
    Sad but true, thru the years, seen so many cry and whine about AMD cards and terrible drivers, when the fault lies between the monitor and the chair. Most recent one was someone crying foul of his RX 6900 XT, he was telling others NOT to buy AMD cards.

Turns out he'd been getting constant crashes and had difficulty getting to POST due to exactly this, his fault, he'd messed with RAM speed causing a system instability. He'd gone on a tear about how bad AMD cards were, and that he was aiming for an nVidia card as replacement. Turned out he'd had changed his RAM timing/speed back to default and now he was able to not only get to POST, he's gotten to desktop and even game.

As for the RX 5700 XT, wasn't there an issue with some AIB's using cooling solutions that did not quite suit the layout of the card, resulting is some hot cards? A revision fixed that issue IIRC, can't say anything personally as I'd skipped on the entire RX 5xxx series.

Edit - Back to topic, where's the RSR driver?! I don't really need it, but would like to see it in action....

somemadcaaant likes this.
  8. xShARkx

xShARkx Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Its not a case problem, cause i had 0 issues on temps and fan speeds with my GTX 1080 TI Amp Extreme Core Edition(i never had to to adjust manually the fan curve or undervolt the card at all) which is one of the most Overclocked 1080ti that exist and much bigger card with less space for breathing, temps on that card were amazing.

Btw my case has 9 akasa viper fans yellow fans with amazing airflow, my case is a Sharkoon TG5... I know that you are going to complain saying about the front not being mesh, but this case has a nice intake spaces on both sides of the front panel and i already tried removing the front panel to see if it would change anything and help the gpu temps but it did not! And again, with my much bigger and Power full card that it was the GTX 1080 TI Amp Extreme Core Edition, i had 0 issues.

I got a RX 5700 XT THICC II ULTRA, i know about the bios update and i already did it! I also removed the unnecessary plastics as per gamer nexus video, all of that helped but ti did not completely fix it! Undervolting on the other side helped a lot together with adjusting the fan curves, cause my main issue was the noise with the fans always being over 80% playing any demanding game.

The rest of my setup is:

7700k delid by me and OC to 5Ghz
    16 GB ram DDR4
    Z270 Extreme 4
    Corsair RM750W power supply

You guys fanboy much? You assume its user error(it can be but no always) and that I am crying by reporting valid issues and experience? Saying that means you are a fanboys that got bothered by my report.

I am not am nvidia fanboy and thats why i got an AMD card the last time i had to buy one and thats why i had an AMD system before the one i have right now!

How is it user error, when free sync does not work with a free sync AOC agon monitor AG322QCX? Even when you limit the fps to the free sync range of the monitor? And if you search on google, that seems to be common issue with a lot of ppl(brightness and black screen flickering with several types of free sync monitors?)! I even tried buying expensive certified DP cables.

What about Enhanced sync? How long has it OFFICALLY being broken or are you going to say that its user error too? Fast sync on my GTX 1080TI worked without any issues(again not a nvidia fanboy, just communicating a honest report of my experience)

Driver crashes and AMD settings crashes that i reported? How can it be user error, when it happens on fresh windows(both 10 and 11) install with a fresh driver install using ddu in safe mode to remove the driver that windows installed while it was installing itself? In other words, i install windows and do all updates, then i go into safe mode and use ddu to remove the windows update driver + block windows from installing the drivers then i reboot and install the driver that i downloaded from the AMD site, then i dont change any settings on AMD settings and i go to watch youtube and then the driver will eventually crash or i try to open AMD settings in game using ALT+R and it will sometimes crash.

The youtube crash only started happening on the last 2 drivers AMD released, the AMD settings issue has been happening for longer.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2022
  9. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    I had the 1080Ti Amp Extreme and it was a terribly made card. I had to mod it with an NZXT Kraken K12 adaptor and cool it with an AIO. Even then it would still hit 65C temps on water, with their terrible cooler the core would hit near 90C and core could only do 1.9GHz on the cooler and 2.1GHz on the AIO.

It had one of the worst VRM setups around at the time for a high end card, and they literally choked their power delivery by cooling it with one of the most pathetic heatsinks and not cooling it with the main heatsink. And the backplate wasn't even used to cool the card it had a plastic film over it. Simply removing the backplate would improve the temps of the card by around 5C.

Gamers Nexsus did a review and teardown on it and tore it a new one.

Eastcoasthandle likes this.
  10. xShARkx

xShARkx Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Thats the AMP Extreme no? Model ZT-P10810C-10P

Mine was the ZT-P10810F-10P Amp Extreme Core Edition

Anyway my temps were fine with it.

11. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC
    when new Driver Coming out ?

12. Krteq

Krteq Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 3080 WC
    GPU driver 30.0 (we are currently at 27.20) appeared in footnotes for CES 2022 presentation.

According to presentation, new driver with RSR support etc. should come in Q1 2022

PhazDelta likes this.
  13. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    same card, same vrm, same cooler.

mikeysg and Eastcoasthandle like this.
  14. The Creator

The Creator Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Hellhound 7900XT
    Current Adrenalin 21.12.1 is 30.0.14011.3017

gpuz.gif

Last edited: Jan 5, 2022
  15. PhazDelta

PhazDelta Master Guru

GPU:
    RX6900XT Strix LC

16. Eastcoasthandle

Eastcoasthandle Guest

GPU:
    Nitro 5700 XT
    Awesome rebuke on this new user's false claims.

xShARkx
    is a new account with 3 posts at the time of writing posting in a troll like manner. All posts from new user is to post negativity about AMD/Drivers and promote the competition in an AMD Driver Forum. And, has the audacity to call people the very thing he is doing here in this thread. His post(s) are so tone deaf and out of touch with our known reality it comes off as if we are communicating with a AI bot. i suggest everyone put xShARkx on ignore.
    ;)

CPC_RedDawn and mikeysg like this.
  17. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    [​IMG]

That's really interesting... Intel mentioned they were working on a specific tech that no one else has done yet that their new video cards will have, only hinting at it... and now AMD is showing this.... that is hilarious.

18. xShARkx

xShARkx Guest

GPU:
    RX 5700 XT
    Lmao, hardcore fanboys everywhere getting really but hurt for no good reason.

What a terrible community this section for amd drivers have, which is very sad.

It worked for me for more than 3 years of heavy use, mine never got to 90C like yours did, at least i dont remember that happening.

19. NvidiaFreak650

NvidiaFreak650 Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4080 FE
    AMD planning three drivers this month,
    22.1.1 this week, 22.1.2 next week (God of War) and Radeon Super Resolution driver 22.1.3 end of the month
    Screenshot 2022-01-04 185153.jpg
    Source: Radeon™ Super Resolution | AMD

20. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    You can't blame people for thinking that someone with a new account (5 posts now) is a troll when their first comments in a forum is to bash something and make some ridiculous claims. That 1080Ti was widely regarded as one of the worst 1080Ti cards, second only to the MSI Armour edition. If you found the 5700XT as bad as you claim then you should of returned it. No point in making an account to bash it (and the company) on a forum. It's not going to magically fix the issue. If it makes you feel better then go ahead, but your account won't last long on here if you do.

I literally pointed you towards two video sources with hard proof that BOTH the core and extreme editions of that card were terrible in literally every single way, in terms of cooling, build and component quality. You must of gotten their super secret sample version.