Happy 30th Anniversary Star Wars

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Palerider, May 25, 2007.

1. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    My dad took me to see Star wars 30 years ago. I've seen it probably hundreds of times since. I've turned my daughter into a Star wars fan, played the games, and still look forward to new Star wars stuff.Congrats to George Lucas, and a big Thank you!
    Star wars fans-How have you been impacted by the movie?

2. AlecRyben

AlecRyben Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5x580 2x590 2x780Ti 1x970
    The movies looked grand when I was a kid, but unfortunately in the process of growing up I somehow realized that George Lucas was actually pretty lousy as a screenwriter. All the dialogs in the SW movies border on idiotic. :p
    Whenever someone asks me what George Lucas movie I like the best, I always refer them to "American Graffiti" instead of Star Wars. ;)

3. Solinari

Solinari Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI N560GTX-Ti Twin Frozr
    I didn't mean to reply to this thread.

4. Ghz

Ghz Maha Guru

GPU:
    evga 6800ultra 256mb
    meh the movies were like a missfiring engine with two bad pistons.

5. treed

treed Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Geforce 560 TI 2GB
    w00t, happy 30th Anniversary George! lol man I used to be the biggest Star Wars geek like 5 years ago. I went to the Celebration event in Denver back in 1999, damn that was a trip. Anyway, I think the worlds a better place since Star Wars was made. Congrats to everyone at Lucasfilm, Industrial Light And Magic, Skywalker Sound, and LucasArts!

6. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    I recently bought the 'untouched' DVD's and was expecting them to look bland. I was very surprised to see the really haven't changed much at all, through George's tinkering. Aside from all the add in scenes, the effects are pretty much the same. I find that amazing.As far as the dialog goes, I agree it's simple, but i think that's part of the charm.

7. CVND

CVND Master Guru

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC Modded with NV5
    i saw star wars for first time like 12-14 years ago and my life change for ever
    thx George Lucas

8. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video
    so where are the special dvds with the TPM digital yoda?

9. Palerider

Palerider Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS X1950XTX
    What's that?

10. vidra

vidra Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX1060 6GB
    Star Wars - Respect! A major formative influence in my life, along with Monty Python

11. Joey

Joey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2600XT + Panasonic S10
    Meh.... The one's by British directors were the best.

12. Sash

Sash Ancient Guru

GPU:
    video

sorry, they sayd it will be a special 30th anniversary edition DVD with all 6 movies and they say in the phantom menance will have a digital yoda, that was shown in episode 3 in the special features

13. Clawedge

Clawedge Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 570
    big fan of star wars. i hope yo make something as epic when i get the chance. if George allows, i will go back and add the hour of each movie that was left out.

the dog fights are simply spectacular, especially, the death star 2 battle of Endor. ROCK ON

14. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 1080
    I remember the StarWars movies when i was little....loved them and i am still a fan to the movies.

15. Grymn

Grymn Master Guru

GPU:
    XFX 8800 GTS 512 750/2100 SLI
    Episode 3 and 5 would be my personal favorites. Not a huge fan but they're okay. Prefered the Indiana Jones triology. :)

16. Rifle_Grunt

Rifle_Grunt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus 460 TOP + 88k physx
    starwars (the older 3) are probably some of the best films if not the best i have ever seen

17. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    i did not really get in to them too much at first,but found them to be purdy cool later in life.
    and how many of you techie/geeks waited in line for days to see them......come on dont lie

18. KCjoker

KCjoker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 460/w LG 24 LCD
    Empire Strikes Back is by far the best of the movies. Still remember as a kid being so damn confused finding out Vader was Luke's father...NOOOOOOOO...LOL They're going to have a in depth look at SW on the History Channel on Monday. It's supposed to be about how SW was based off Greek Mythology.