HANNspree launches new 27in HQ272PQD monitor

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    HANNspree, are pleased to announce that its performance series of monitors is set to offer a new 27inch solution featuring Quantum Dot technology. The enhanced display of the HQ272PQD is ideal for gam...

HANNspree launches new 27in HQ272PQD monitor

2. 4g3d

4g3d Guest

GPU:
    AMD/2
    From the specs:
    Max Display Frequency 2560 x 1440 @ 60Hz

We are close to 2019 and companies are still releasing 60Hz monitors... It should be at least 75Hz.

3. DG21

DG21 Member Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti WF Extreme
    My HannsG (/HANNSspree) 27.5" (1920*1200) lived for 9 years - when i bought it in summer 2009, everybody was making fun of it, because it was a TN-panel. It outlived most of the panels from those ones who were joking about me and was a brilliant deal (270€ @a time, where a Dell 3007WFP was everybodys dream, but for 1 grand)

But a few months ago there was an even better offer here on Guru3D:

The AOC Q3279VWF (31.5" QHD MVA-panel, 5ms, 75Hz &FreeSync)

You still can get it for 200bucks @saturn (in the shop in germany - sry for everybody not living here).

So I bought it to replace the HannsG together with a buddy of mine (transport).

When we fired the thing up, our jaws dropped really hard (but the desk survived ;] ).

Man, that's BANG FOR YOUR BUCKS, but try to mount it to the wall, cause the foot is a wobbling issue.

Wait - here's the deal:
    https://direktkauf.idealo.de/portal...A63C935E461821A6025C0C0BAAAC75?execution=e1s1

on amazon:
    https://www.amazon.de/AOC-Q3279VWF-31-5Zoll-Schwarz-Computerbildschirm/dp/B0777TRHPQ

Last edited: Nov 27, 2018
  4. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Yuuuuuup..... Totally agree.

I personally will not upgrade until 100hz and higher is the standard. As it sits i can jam out in 4k DSR at 100-120hz on my monitor and televisions that support 1080p 120hz like my OLED and new Vizio.

That feeling of them added Hz even in the desktop makes one feel the sensation of almost being "released and finally set free!!".

60Hz is a complete look away for me. Could be the best deal smoking and I'd happily look past it.

5. Ahmad Bilal

Ahmad Bilal Active Member

GPU:
    Radeon
    3 things caught my attention:

1. HS-IPS : I know IPS, and even AH-IPS a little bit, but what is this HS in the panel type?

2. Even though its just 60hz refresh rate and 250cdm (why not at least 350? as others are doing? ), the color gamut is way good for this price range. Something seems off here, what are they trying really? This color gamut is similar to Eizo's monitors that cost way way more. And all this at even Full HD is selling for a bit more, but they are offering this in QHD? NEC's best monitors that are color critical have only 99.x % Adobe RGB. The only reason for this monitor having 110% RGB, is perhaps due to them acquiring the latest quantum-dot (which in itself should have considerably improved over the the 2018 models) . But I don't think samsung will give them the latest quantum dot this cheap.

2. The presets have no color-gamut related ones, which is strange for this type of panel (with such a large gamut). No engineering effort?

6. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    glad to see ppl still dont know the difference between tvs doing high refresh e.g. 120hz
    (which allows for additional processing and things like black frame insertion and where its done to remove motion blurry),
    and monitors doing 120/140 hz it for lowering input lag and/or smoother gameplay.

outside that, someone playing games outside FPS (and the like) wouldnt see any difference anyway, and a feature like gsync/freesync would make for a better experience,
    than not having (sync feat) but a 75/12/140 hz screen.

and 60hz on a moni is fine, as this isnt for gaming, as color coverage is more for production.
    the reason i still wouldnt get it for that purpose, is the fact its not a 10 bit panel (12bit lookup) nor any info taht its calibrated or flicker free (like the benq/asus/eizo equivalents).

7. DeskStar

DeskStar Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 3080Ti/3090FTW
    Yeah people do know what they're talking about........ 120hz 1080p on my TV's is great. No I'm not a competitive player that makes money online, so every MS of input lag doesn't matter to me. Especially when you're talking about 12-15ms tops.

It's a great thing to have these options on a television that is for sure!! Makes playing games on the PC a whole lot more enjoyable with being around the family in the living room and or home theater.....instead of in the basement bedroom all alone.

8. EasyListening

EasyListening Guest

GPU:
    AMD 6600 XT
    I have a Samsung QLED, 24" 144Hz, and it's VA not IPS. Maybe HS-IPS is high-speed IPS? Maybe it's IPS that doesn't ghost? Whatever Samsung's reasons to go with a VA panel + QLED initially, I wonder what the image quality will be on an IPS... The colors are already pretty sweet on my QLED-VA panel. I want to see these QLED-IPS screens in person. I'm expecting to be blown away.

9. fry178

fry178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 2080S WB
    Well there are no qled screens.
    They are regular lcds with led as light source.
    Everything else just marketing as they arent allowed to make oleds and wanna mislead customers.

@DeskStar
    Lol, if your lucky and all processing turned off (e.g. game mode) you will have about 30 to 50ms input lag on a tv, without game mode up to 100-150 is common.
    Outside the fact that gaming on oleds isnt a good idea, especially on the lg which still experience image retention within a year (at least for pre 2018 units) ...

Last edited: Nov 29, 2018
  10. georgerobertde

georgerobertde Guest

GPU:
    Dell
    We have launche wide range of embedded touchscreen monitor to serve the unique requirements of Smart Retail,Digital Signage,Healthcare,Financial etc.