Halo: The Master Chief Collection

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by HARDRESET, Dec 4, 2019 at 6:02 AM.

1. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti G1 GAMING OC
    Halo: The Master Chief Collection

2. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    just to point out, if like me you refuse to have anti-cheat malware on your machine and run this with EAC disabled, the silly numpties at microsoft won't track your campaign stats.

3. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS STRIX GTX 1080
    0XP for working through campaign. Only earned through online multiplayer. Not exactly thrilled about that but absolutely amazed at what they have accomplished.

4. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    probably pick this up after i spend a month or few in rdr2 and then cyberpunk and few other games coming out. price is nice maybe can get a sale even :). and wont track my stats because i might want to cheat? nothing other games have not done. if the games fun and good will not cheat if it bores me cheat. so they can stuff their anti cheat stuff zero interest in online.

5. drandiiski

drandiiski Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1060 6GB OC
    Boy was I waiting for this a looong time .. and still have some waiting to do since they are releasing the games peace meal. Still, booted it up immediately and was instantly impressed by how smooth of a port that is. Alt+Tab-ing, switching between audio devices, switching between M+KB or controller. Yes those things should be normal, but somehow aren’t these days. Love the enchanted visuals and the fact they give you the option to switch between classic (that I love) and centered crosshair position too.

And I don’t have any nostalgia for this either. Never had an Xbox, never played the nights away with friends in MP. Just played Halo CE campaign three or four times when it came out on PC. So finally we can have all the games at one place without all the bullcrap MS pulled over the years, like Vista or Xbox exclusivity.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019 at 8:18 AM
  6. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    I just won't exchange the function of my sound and controller drivers to run what tend to be mediocre games with rampant cheating even with the "anti cheat" crap in place.

EAC and Battle Eye have this misguided idea that they are preventing kernel cheats by blocking unsigned drivers.

7. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Ti SC2
    I could not even download this yesterday despite trying well after the 6pm release as it was maxing out at 5-7 Mbps despite me having a 420 Mbps fibre connection and other services such as Steam and Origin having no issues using the full bandwidth of my connection. In the end I gave up but it is typical of Microsoft's awful awful Store that is often barely functional and still offers no reliable resume feature or means to validate (if a game gets corrupted during an update then it usually has to be uninstalled and redownloaded to fix it) or even backup downloaded games.

Anyway, the game is now finally downloaded as expected at the usual 250-300 Mbps so I may actually be able to try it. Not so sure I will actually play much of it, having already completed most of it previously on Xbox 360. While the game was fine, it is not a classic IMO and I'm more curious to see the PC enhancements that to experience the campaign a second time (and multiplayer has no interest for me at all). Still, that's the great thing about the Game Pass is that it allows me to try games and if I like them get more than my money's worth out of them for very little cost (it cost me £1 for six months as an Xbox Live Gold subscriber).

8. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix