1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo MCC coming to Pc

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by XP-200, Mar 12, 2019.

1. Stone Gargoyle

Stone Gargoyle Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    microsoft cant be ignorant enough to undo all the hype build up and good vibes they have now reclaimed with this anouncement and they sure dont need the cash like most if not all the other epic turn coats have. the new sense of goodwill must mean more to them than anythin epic can throw at em at this point.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
    Kolt likes this.
  2. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Master Guru

GPU:
    Strix 2080TI 11gb
    Really do not see the issue if it is on EPIC or whatever. If I still get the game and enjoy I really do not care what it is on, steam, origin or uplay for example. Maybe I don't understand it fully and I am just a humble gamer, but I think everyone raining about this, needs to sit back, take a breath and go for a nice walk outside where the graphics are super nice :D.

TheDeeGee likes this.
  3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    The issue is that it would be on epic Launcher, for me that is a blocking factor as I only purchase games with Steam cards purchased from EB Games.

I was originally worried it was only going to be on the Microsoft Store only, so when they announced it was coming to Steam I was so happy that I would be able to see the rest of the story after Halo 2... which funnily enough I cannot legitimately play my own purchased copy of Halo 2 anymore because of the Games for Windows Live activation limitations, and having already jumped through the hoops with Microsoft support to get more activation's after upgrading Windows from Vista and then hitting the activation limitations AGAIN.... so.. yeah.. I just want it on the platform I use and feel safe using.

If The Master Chief Collection was available "Also" at the same time with no exclusivity BS locking it to the epic Store for a forced time period, then there would be no issue at all.

The Outer Words is the worrying factor with the developers now of course being owned by Microsoft, seeing as they didn't mind turning all that good will into a dumpster fire..... yeah...

I'm still a bit worried for Halo... ughh...

4. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    if you dont get what all the epic fuss is about thats fine if you are open to usin whatever you have to on the platform thats cool to some of us dont wish to bend to anti consumer tactics that only get worse with time and the more they push it the worse the industry will get and its not like the gaming industry is sitting at its highest point ever right now as is.

again if its no issue for you then k some of rest of us have a very different outlook on it.

Kolt likes this.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Outer Worlds is published by a 2k subsidiary, not MS. MS' ownership of Obsidian only prevented them from excluding the MS store. Besides, after the PAX showcase, why does anyone even care for that pos lol.

Kolt likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I guess that makes sense then with 2k being a part of it... but hey, maybe they get it working good by the time it gets a proper release?

*shrugs*

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Speak for yourself please.

8. Stone Gargoyle

GPU:
    GTX 1060 G1
    sorry bout that heat of the moment and lost my head, you guys do you.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080Ti Gaming X
    It's been discussed and re-discussed countless times now but for me it just boils down to this : why does Epic buy exclusive rights to games instead of competing with Steam by creating a better platform? I wouldn't mind EGS if it was better than Steam and this "not another launcher" thing is unfortunately nothing we can do since most big publishers want a platform of their own. But EGS is vastly inferior than Steam in most aspects and it bothers me that Epic chose the cowardice way of simply "buying" market shares instead of earning them.

Anyway, I suspect EGS will win in the end anyway. They buy so many exclusive rights to hyped games that sooner or later most will have to get that EGS or not play their favorite game. For me it will be when BL3 is released (and also Detroit : Become Human)

10. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX1080Ti
    I hope this is a timed exclusive. I want to buy all the Halos for PC but i´m not going to pay full price for them so i don´t mind waiting for it to arrive on Steam with some tasty prices cuts.

11. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    There is only a rumor at this point.

MS even said in their response on that article that they "focused on bringing a great ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection’ experience to PC via the Microsoft Store and Steam,"
    Nothing in there makes it sound like they are dropping Steam.

It is possible for games to be on multiple stores. Vampire Bloodlines 2 is on Steam, GoG and Epic.

Kolt, cerebus23 and KissSh0t like this.
  12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Let's drop the epic stuff until something actually happens. RDR2 had similar rumors thanks to 4chan and nothing happened.

drandiiski and Kolt like this.
  13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    ^^^ Exactly.

14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    This was really interesting.

I didn't know that gearbox ported Halo to pc...

15. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    Gearbox ported Halo to PC in a few months I think, maybe a year or so. There wasn't enough time to make a completely faithful port: the source material was a bit of a mess (understandably for a launch title), and PCs at the time had enough trouble running the bespoke features designed for the Xbox. What's most interesting, I think, is that those downgrades made it into the MCC - I suppose for the same reasons as when Gearbox worked on it.

16. scaredchimp

scaredchimp Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX970 SLI
    There's going to be a 343 stream at 1:30 PT today, hopefully they can talk maybe pricing and at least Reach Insider Programme.

17. Zenoth

Zenoth Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080
    I've seen some of their Reach gameplay today and it does look improved visually and with proper controls for PC. I liked Reach actually, it's probably my 2nd favorite after CE. However, like many here I'm sure the one I'm mostly interested by is of course Halo CE. I don't think I'll buy it when only Reach is available but I'll surely buy it if their version of CE ends up being genuinely good and properly worked on and not rushed out.

I watched that video linked above regarding the issues coming from the original port on PC by Gearbox. It's... surprising and disappointing to learn about those things (fortunately enough I played a lot of the original on XBOX, never really experienced it on PC at the time with that busted port). If the MCC version of Halo CE will in fact still have any one of those issues in because they worked on it from the inherently busted assets of the Gearbox port then we're in for a wild ride coming from the community; the devs will sure hear about it. I for one simply won't buy it at all if they mess up the one and single title of the franchise I care for, really that simple. I can live without an improved version of Halo 2 or 3 or Reach. The one that matters (to me) is Halo 1.

18. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    you should see the issues halo 2 pc has now because of incorrect shader ports.

19. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    HALO 2 PC has... just... got so many problems.

20. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Fixed.

xD