Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 11, 2018.

1. cerebus23

cerebus23 Guest

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    halo was good?

overrated by kids that never played a pc fps ;p.

Reclusive781 likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Halo is a PC fps.... same with Halo 2.

Funnily enough the only reason we have Halo now on PC is because of modders releasing ElDewrito, which was essentially Halo 3 multiplayer... Microsoft freaked out because of the huge player numbers ElDewrito gained in a few days then tried their darnedest to shut it down and then announced the Master Chief Collection was going to be coming to PC.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021
  3. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    When the first Halo came out on Xbox (i was a young child) it was absolutely glorious at the time. Loved every moment of it and replayed it over and over again.

I've tried to get into the master chief collection on PC, but just can't get into it. Just feels far too dated now regardless of a good story line. Perhaps the new Halo infinite will change my mind.

To add to the above and I don't mean to derail the discussion, but the original Soldier of Fortune game on pc takes the crown in terms of PC FPS/mulitplayer FPS. Was so much fun at the time.

KissSh0t likes this.
  4. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    I´ve just started the MC collection on my Xbox and i´m having a blast.

But i´ve only played the first two games so far so i don´t know if i´m going to like the other games of the collection.

Either way, i already bought Halo 5 for cheap and now the question is if the Infinite games is going to be available to the previous Xbox consoles because i ave the previous S version.

5. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070

Except HALO came to PC three years after it released on Xbox.
    And HALO 2 came to PC.... three years after it released on Xbox. ;)

The series, since the first release, was console first. MS ported the game (or hired Gearbox to port the game) when they started pushing the PC side of gaming more. And they internally ported HALO 2 as a big push for Windows VISTA and Games for Windows Live.
    And, while the first Halo did start as a MAC title... and even started as an RTS game. It was a third person shooter before it was picked up by Microsoft. Then it shifted to first person.

Now, MS is pushing the PC gaming side of things as hard as consoles, and bringing tons of titles to the platform.

6. H83

H83 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Black 6950XT
    Don´t forget that Halo was supposed to be a PC game at the beginning. Then MS acquired the studio and made the game for the Xbox, later releasing it for PC.

Now, it´s almost a moot point if the game is for the Xbox or not because it´s also being released for PC.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Reminded me how much I wish Bungie would make another Oni game :<

I do know the history, you consider the delay to pc makes it not a fps on pc? or is this a word game where you want it to be called a console port to pc? which it is.

The fun of GFWL, upgraded from vista to 7 killed my halo 2 product key, managed to get microsoft to give a replacement product key and then the upgrade from 7 to 8 killed the replacement product key... lol

8. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I call it a lazy port by Gearbox.
    And Halo 2's original PC release an even lazier port by MS.

It is a FPS on PC... now.
    At release, a console FPS that was later ported to PC.

The MCC release is finally a good release of the series, even if the MCC version of Halo 1 is based off of GBX's port.

I didn't forget, maybe forgot to mention... but, did say when it started as an RTS and then became a third person shooter it was being developed for the MAC.
    Which, their previous Marathon series was a MAC series.

KissSh0t likes this.
  9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Hehe.. very true about Gearbox xD

They only just fixed some of the problems created by Gearbox's port of the original... that's pretty funny when you think about it.

10. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    You'd have to say though that a good chunk of why we got MCC on PC, finally, is down to the Halo CE community and never letting Halo die. Keeping it up and running when Gameserver finished, bringing in more modern features/functions and the sheer creativity from some for the maps and models - so much so for the "keeping the server" lights on that Bungie were shocked and even brought a new patch for the game - several years later mind lol.. btcc & co did/do a great job - hope he still plays, was pretty good back in the old days..

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Do you know what this game mode / map type is called? I have no idea what the heck it is but it was the funniest thing ever.

12. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    I throw that up to Mircosoft wanting a bigger presence on the PC gaming platform, and knowing such a release would make bank.
    Specially since people have been asking for it for years.

And now, with all their first party "Xbox exclusive" titles coming to PC at release... yep.

So, if they ever get their crap straight and bring Gears of War 2 and 3 to PC... I'll be happy.

13. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    SpeedHalo.Space :)
    Likely an updated version from the looks, or it is just my eyes, but it should be this map.

KissSh0t likes this.
  14. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That's it!! that's so awesome... so it started as a custom map for Reach, I always thought it was something made in just Eldewrito on PC.

:>

Trixster likes this.
  15. Trixster

Trixster Member Guru

GPU:
    1070 G1 Gaming
    True enough as well, but the fact that us nutters in Halo CE were still playing long after its death would have helped add credence to the numerous calls for the Halo series to be done justice on the PC.
    Although playing devils advocate, if they wanted a bigger presence then why the deaf ear syndrome for so many years - it didn't take a rocket scientist to understand the desire for Halo on PC was huge.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
  17. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    I just wanna see the reaction when people see it has aim assist for mouse and keyboard.

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    That would be the weirdest feeling.. like having someone else moving your mouse.

19. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Alright so I have been playing the Test Flight on Xbox. Here are some thoughts.

-Visual Wise it is better and feels more like Halo than Halo 4 and 5 did. No more blocky looking armors and shapes if that makes sense.
    -Graphics wise while yes, it is not final there is an overall improvement to the visuals from Halo 5. Now I am running this on a Series S, so you can definitely tell there is some dynamic resolution play happening if you just sit and look at it. In motion though, hard to notice.
    -THERE IS A FOV SLIDER. This was the bigger problem with Halo 5, FOV was terrible.
    -Gameplay wise, I mean it's kind of a mix of Halo Reach and 5 so far. No more boosting, there is sprinting still, no aim lock, no ground pound, combat is very much Halo. Spray with bullets, throw grenade, melee, got the kill. It still feels very rinse and repeat though, so I hope there are some ways to mix this up.
    -Grenades are too powerful. For sure. The regular grenades also travel wayyyyy too far.
    -A lot of audio is still from Halo 5, so this might change given the fact this is Test Flight. Not a bad thing though.

Also there is a Red Vs Blue Easter Egg. :D

Over all I'm very excited for the first round of gameplay. Now the MP aspect will be f2p, so expect a lot of battle pass offers and skins to go in and out. A lot of grinding to be done as well, which personally I don't mind but I can see where this can get annoying.

Redemption80 and KissSh0t like this.
  20. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS RTX 3070 8Gb
    This might be an odd question, but would you recommend the MC Collection on Steam? Asking as someone who has never played a Halo game.