1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Halo Infinite

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by KissSh0t, Jun 11, 2018.

1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

This is using a new engine called Slipspace Engine.

2. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I haven't played any of the older games so no hype from me but I guess it is implied that master chief's the protagonist here?

3. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    It must be him putting on the helmet, who else could it be?

So this is how the games go for PC, Halo 1 > Halo 2 Vista > Halo Infinite.

(´◉_◉`)

4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    If Microsoft would bring the Master Chief Collection to PC... it would sell, like crazy.

KissSh0t likes this.

5. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rick Astley?

KissSh0t likes this.
  6. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    You are a bad person and you should feel bad.

7. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    sadface.jpg

8. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Halo ... service? Destiny never became a "thing" so I doubt it's a clone so that means .... BATTLE ROYALE :D

KissSh0t likes this.
  9. emperorsfist

emperorsfist Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1080 8Gb
    That wouldn't surprise me, seeing how the new CoD and Battlefied are doing it right now.

10. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    Oh no a game not out for at least a year and a half is going to have features that pretty much all major games have... Run for the hills!

11. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I was going to try explaining why you are incorrect but then realized you are trolling to get a reaction.

12. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    I am dead serious. If you're surprised at a AAA game trying to engage players and include microtransactions, then I suggest lifting the rock you've been living under for half the decade. If you're disappointed, I suggest adapting your expectation pattern - drastically. If you're angry at the mere mention of microtransactions, I'd go as far as to suggest another hobby.

I know the gaming community loves to get into a new uproar every five minutes over the most minute detail, and so far, this very much qualifies as exactly that.

13. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    But you are acting like every single major release that comes out now has microtransactions in it. Which... isn't just wrong, it's grossly wrong.
    The number of major releases with microtransactions in them is... actually much smaller then most people know.

And even so, I could care less about it.
    Because, like some titles in the past... Dead Space 3, DX: Mankind Divided... and many, many others... just because microtransactions are in there... doesn't mean a damn thing. The two I listed as examples, you can play from start to end without any issue, and never use them. Hell, I didn't even know they were in DX:MD until I read about it, and had to make an effort to even find them in the game's menus.

My issue with the HALO series, is MS's crap way of handling it's platform release.
    On PC, we got HALO 1 and 2, with 1 being a decent port. But 2 being... kind of eh. Then, nothing. Now, we're told that we will get HALO 6 on PC. Sorry but, who the hell cares? So after skipping three main entries, and two side story titles... we get the next HALO.
    Whoopty damn doo.

Same thing that irritates me with Gears of War. We got the first game, then nothing... then Gears 4 and Gears 5. But, 2, 3 and Judgement... nope.

14. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    I'm not sure if or where people draw the distinction between microtransactions and DLC, but I can't find a game in my currently installed games list on Steam that doesn't offer more content than just the base package (Assetto Corsa: cars and tracks; F1 2017: car; Motorsport Manager: several packs; AC Origins: too much to list; CoH2: everything from mission packs to the WW2 equivalent of horse armor; CSGO: microtransaction cash cow; Rocket League: see CSGO). Now, I could say that "almost all major games have microtransactions" is hyperbole, as my "run for the hills" quip certainly wasn't meant to be overly factual, but the point I'm making is the same as you: microtransactions existing isn't necessarily a big deal.

That's why I think it's odd to get worked up about a Halo game, especially this far out, having microtransactions and other features that are practically industry standard by now to continuously engage people to a specific game.

Also, I couldn't be more with you on how MS is crap at publishing its work for PC. I would love, love, love for them to bring Reach, ODST and the Master Chief Collection over to Steam. I'd probably be able to almost forgive Microsoft for the nightmare that was GFWL if they did that.

Almost.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Most people tend to associate mircotransactions with... what they actually are. Pay to win, pay for small, throw away additions. Weapon skins and hats (looking at you Team Fortress 2).
    Or, in cases like Dead Space 3 and DX:MD... small real world costs for in game crafting supplies.

Where as... DLC, additional story content and maps. Added campaigns and such, different beasts in my eyes.
    I would not consider any of The Evil Within's Season Pass content as microtransactions. Same with Wolf 2's DLC. Not speaking in terms of quality or personal enjoyment, but, it was added content that added hours of playtime to said game.

Where as, dropping 5 bucks for a few extra crafting supplies... or a different skin for your online character... meh.

16. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
  17. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    @4:37 "Granted, with how little we know about Halo Infinite, it is too early to say how the game will go about implementing monetization or live service functionalities".

Props to him for stretching that to a ten minute video. I'm glad there are people riling up though, hopefully it keeps 343 grounded. I wonder though: if Infinite is going to be a game that's supposed to last, how are they looking to navigate the console generation jump that's undoubtedly heading our way?

18. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    I'll just leave this here...

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix

*happy noises*

Just wow... that was so cool.

*edit*

100% confirmed for PC.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2019
  20. twonha

twonha Master Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 280x
    I was hoping for something more from Infinite and MCC than a cinematic teaser, but 343 does well to set the tone, so excuse me while this Halo fanboy gets out the tissues.