Halo CE - Shaders FUBAR

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by SL2, May 9, 2004.

1. SL2

SL2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Just finished downloading Halo Custom Edition. Upon entering a round of 'Death Island' I noticed something was a tad fubar with the new "Fast Shaders" implemented in this release.

1024*768 @ 32bit / 0xAA / 2xAF / Quality / 61.11
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looks a bit "purple haze" if you ask me. Anyway, dissable AF and we do away with some of the corruption, but it remains in the reflection.

1024*768 @ 32bit / 0xAA / 0xAF / Quality / 61.11
    [​IMG]

1024*768 @ 32bit / 0xAA / 0xAF / Quality / 61.11
    [​IMG]

This may be restricted to 61.11 only, so I will test with a different driver set later on.
    The standard version of Halo [Halo PC 1.4] runs fine with and without AF.
    Anyone else having the same issue with CE?

2. Morpheous416

Morpheous416 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1660 Super
    First off, what's HALO CE?

3. zektor

zektor New Member

GPU:
    PNY GeforceFX 5900SE
    The Halo Custom Edition is also referred as the "Jimi Hendrix Edition" A commemorative add-on for the late/great Hendrix. Hence, the "Purple Haze". :)

4. shrapnel22

shrapnel22 Master Guru

GPU:
    Chaintech 6800GT @ 400/1100
    CE is a multiplayer only stand alone program that totally revamped the net code and shaders for better performance. It allows user created content ie. maps and mods to be played. An editor kit will be released so people can make their own maps.

5. David Deed

David Deed Don Alfa Terga Inconiti

GPU:
    Geforce 6600
    i used it.

I didnt like it, no protection against hacks, then again, halo has no protection against hacks :D

6. SL2

SL2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    So it would seem. :D

Anyway, this seems to be a 61.11 issue with PS 2.0 mode in Halo & Halo CE. Didn't realise Halo CE now does PS 2.0 in multiplayer [In regular Halo PS 2.0 is exclusive to Campaign mode].
    Tried 56.76 and all seems fine. Does seem a tad strange that it would only occur in PS 2.0 mode though.

7. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    I have tested Halo CE but I did not get those results

Forceware 61.11 I just got performance loss strangely if I ran Halo CE at 800x600 it had less FPS then 1024x768. I got no graphic corroption

8. SL2

SL2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    Try using the -use20 command line switch.

9. Lycronis

Lycronis Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1
    I haven't seen any of these problems that you mentioned. I am using the 61.11 drivers too. Hmmm, very strange indeed. I will have to do more investigating on this issue.

On a different note regarding Halo CE, is anyone else upset that in order to make your own levels, you need to have 3Ds Max? What a bummer for me as I love to make levels but this is a real let down. I cannot afford to dish out $600 for a copy of 3dsMax. Does anyone know a free/cheaper alternative that is compatible with 3dsmax file types? I know there is the free GMax, but you can only edit models with that. What about MilkShape 3D or is that just for models too? Guess I should post this in another section huh? :)

10. coldfirenj

coldfirenj Member

GPU:
    BFG FX 5950
    Halo uses server side net-code. It is impossible for a client to hack on a standard unmodified server. I also use the 61.11 and Halo CE and get no texture corruption.

11. Better performance online? Where? I dont see any.... Anyone else know what it is for? Apart from being able to use user made mods and maps i dont see ANY difference... :rolleyes:

12. SL2

SL2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 980
    The net code requires less bandwith to operate. So you experience better play on servers with 16 players.

13. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Don't u remeber them saying u could do everything with HEK but u can;t edit Official maps like they said u could cahnge and edit everything the way its out now u can only make new maps and maybe import some differnet home objects and thats it