Half-Life: Alyx (VR)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by RzrTrek, Nov 19, 2019.

1. RzrTrek

RzrTrek Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RX 580 ❤ MESA 20.3
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Kolt likes this.
  2. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS RX 470 Strix
    Damn.. you posted a few minutes before me, I will ask my thread deleted.

--

Yay... Half-Life VR, what everyone was waiting for... this is sarcasm.

fantaskarsef and SpajdrEX like this.
  3. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
  4. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Congrats Valve.
    You did it. Something I thought was impossible.

You announced a Half-Life game... that I have zero interest in.

HitokiriX, Passus and fantaskarsef like this.

5. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Half-Life Modders: "We're making an unofficial HL2 Episode 3!"

Valve: "Hold my VR Headset!"

What a ****ing joke...

cerebus23 likes this.
  6. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    Like we didnt know this will will happen. Vr is not there yet, game will suck and ruin the franchise. Nice way to sell that shitty vr kt you have valve.

7. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX 1070
    Sadly for us Vavle lost the ability to make games, is swimming in money and thinks beating a dead horse is the future.

anticupidon likes this.
  8. Texter

Texter Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    It's taking them so ridiculously long to release this Merle Dandridge's voice dropped half an octave and she's got grandkids...heck she's even got an acting career now. But of course, knowing how production can stall at Valve, all the voice acting is from 2007...:p

9. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    i don't think Valve is done with PC. i see TF3, HL3, Dota 3 in the future.
    can't say that im optimistic about exactly when, but for me they are still one of the better
    companies on PC.

they invested time and energy in some other areas, like VR\Steam.. so w\e that's
    business.

Valve have yet to fail me with any of their games, unlike other veterans in the industry.
    its better not release garbage in my eyes. see BioWare, Bethesda, and more.

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX1070 iChillx4
    It makes sense , since their expensive VR kit was in their sales chart for so long. IMO , it should have been bundled from the start.

fantaskarsef likes this.

11. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    Valve isn't done with PC... not so long as Steam keeps rolling in money. Not so long as people keep buying the various peripherals and hardware Valve release.
    Valve have been dead to me as an actual developer since... 2007. Or, maybe 2011 with the release of Portal 2.

All this news says is Valve want to sell more peripherals, and think they can dupe people into buying VR because they shoved a "Half-Life" game out for it.

12. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    but that's understandable. they chose to draw outside the lines of PC games and to invest in more areas.
    so they are also using the Half-Life title to promote VR business, why is that bad :> ?

i really don't see why Valve are dead to some people. Half-Life is in my #top5 list of all time,
    and TF2 is probably my most played game alongside Diablo2.. so im familiar with their older titles.

Valve added so much value to pc gaming in general, i just fail to understand what people think
    they are doing wrong.

13. MarkyG

MarkyG Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 2070 Super
    I heard that it may be using the Boneworks features for the physical and quite amazing features of Stress Level Zero's upcoming VR game. How accurate that is though, I dunno...

This isn't the HL game I was expecting, or even wanted but i'll certainly give it a whirl.

14. Kolt

Kolt Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 OC
    I might have to dust off my Vive. Haven't touched it in a long time.. too many "tech demos" and not enough good full games.

I agree that this would be better news if it wasn't VR, but at the very least I'm excited for a real VR game for once.

15. Damien_Azreal

GPU:
    Gigabyte 1070 Ti
    I love Half-Life as well, and HL2... while flawed, is still a really good game.
    And it's smart business to use HL to push their VR, but... also annoying because a lot of fans want a traditional HL game. A follow up that they were promised 12 years ago.

I love HL, but that doesn't change the fact that as a developer, Valve are a shell of their former selves.

The main thing to remember, a lot of people don't like VR. And Valve shoehorning HL in as a VR title to push their peripheral is going to upset those HL fans that dislike VR.
    Specially after years of Gabe and Valve refusing to talk about HL, ignoring it and turning a blind eye to those fans.

coc and fantaskarsef like this.

16. coc

coc Master Guru

GPU:
    1070GTX
    @Damien_Azreal i think we should all know by now that if Gabe isn't talking about it, its obviously because :

1. they shelved it
    2. they are stuck with something unfamiliar\unwanted

so assuming any of the two options might be close to the truth, its not something necessarily bad.

im not trying to convince anyone here, just to show a different perspective about the entire HL3\Valve issue.
    i would prefer they will never make a bad\mediocre Half-Life game. if the formula is dead and they are trying
    to achieve something and its simply not working.. keep it shelved. the worse thing to do is to release half-baked
    product when the expectations is in the sky.

Valve never lied, nor they ever tried to buy time or feed the community with flase marketing.
    things i see all the time from others. they simply moved on with other sh1t.. its business.

im 100% sure we will see HL3 and TF3 on PC. its a matter of time*, and i can't tell if its 5 years, or 12 years from now.

i just hope it will be a WORTHY game(s). that's the best thing we all can hope for.

17. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    tone deaf as hell.

Repo Man and TheDeeGee like this.
  18. SSJBillClinton

SSJBillClinton Master Guru

GPU:
    2080Ti Zotac AMP!
    They'd already mentioned they were working on 3 VR games months ago, I don't know why everyone is so mad that they've announced one of their 3 VR games is specifically being made for VR.

Kolt likes this.
  19. cerebus23

cerebus23 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    evga 8800gts
    because the what 20 years they wanted half life 3?

here is our 1000 dollar vr kit and oh by the way here is a glorified tech demo vr prequel to half life. granted i suspect it a is going to be a vr demo not a full on game.

it still a slap in the face to dredge up half life to shill 1000 dolla4r vr kits. is why it plays so badly after all this time.

half life 3 or gtfo.

20. DocStrangelove

DocStrangelove Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX2080 Super
    Was the Valve twitter hacked or something? Tis can't be true surely! :D