Half-Life 2 to be bundled with ATI cards

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by AlexMc, Aug 30, 2003.

1. AlexMc

AlexMc Guest

The Inquirer has news that HL2 is to be bundled, or offered at a discount, with ATI graphics cards. It's also rumored that ATI has paid Valve (The developers of Half-Life) a seven figure sum to optimize HL2 for ATI cards. Check out the article here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=11276

2. TheReproducer

TheReproducer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit 660 ti Jetstream
    A 7 figure some...holy sh!t no wonder there was that crap about Nvidia cards not getting FSAA on HL2. I guess a little funding from Nvidia made it ok again. *wink wink*

3. KorganoS

KorganoS Guest

uh... ATI cards older than 95xx would still have no FSAA in those new games...
    I would really appreciate it if they revamp the driver so these cards can perform Supersampling AA :|

4. Zio

Zio Member Guru

GPU:
    Dual Sapphire Radeon X1900XTX
    i heard it's going to be bundled with the ATI Radeon 9900 Pro. :|

5. AlexMc

AlexMc Guest

I read a few weeks ago that Valve had sorted out FSAA on both Nvidia and ATI cards. Although I doubt anyone without the newest graphics cards (Radeon 9800 or Geforce FX 5900) needs to worry about it. I should think that enabling FSAA on an older card would drop your framerate down to something unplayable. I guess we'll have to wait for the HL2 Benchmark/Demo to find out.

6. Dzhedaj

Dzhedaj Active Member

GPU:
    Sapphire X800GTO 256MB @6
    LOL, and u still belive **** from the inquirer? HAHA, come on, don't be stupid. Do you really think ati would pay valve to make the game run better on their hardware? HAHA don't be pathetic.
    The reason hl2 runs on ati hardware better is that ati's 9xxx series run the pixel shading 2.0 faster than nvidia fx'es. Just see some tomb rider angel of darkness benchmarks (ps2.0 is used there too), nvidia is slower than ati there too.

7. Misdirection

Misdirection Guest