Half Life 2 MUST READ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Monrad, Oct 10, 2003.

1. WB_BlackWolf

WB_BlackWolf Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC 256mb
    Not accusing or anything...

But can I ask HOW you confirmed this? The AN says he can prove it, but if he's only got part of the source code, than he's not playing with the full package and gaps are missing to make what he has play out properly.

2. Monrad

Monrad Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro =)))
    Re: Not accusing or anything...

Well, this could be a big lie, but he actually said that he leaked EVERYTHING. He didn't spread the full thing and he threated VALVE saying that he's got the whole game and if Valve still lies to us he'll spread all the info...
    It's too hard for me to believe this but that's what I read Anon said.

3. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    http://www.guru3d.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66271

This appears at the top right hand side on every map in the beta :- Source Engine 2 (Build-4-Days Until 9/30/03) this would have me believe the sept 30 date bandied about was for this part of the engine being completed not the full game but anyway read what I posted in that thread very sad but very true.
    Everyone with Nvidia hardware should boycott buying this game because of the lies being told to the world by Valve it might stop them from lieing to loyal customers to line ATI & their own pockets.

4. That makes no sense either, surely there are just as many, if not more nvidia card owners out there than there are ATI card owners for Valve to make money from. unless your saying ATI are paying them somewhere in the region of a 100 million dollors(guessing) for sole rights to this game.

You guys and your spys, it's kennedy all over again.

5. TeX_UK

TeX_UK Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FE
    They payed 6 mil for licence to bundle the game with their new XT series.

6. still not enough to make Valve alienate god knows how many Nvidia users!

7. its all a load of dogs doo doos if you ask me.....

8. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF 6600GT/ 6800GT went for RMA
    nd isent it pathetic that valve tells us that game is delayed bcoz source was stolen?
    I cant even imagine like big company like valve didnt had any backup solution? I really really cant believe that statement by Valve................
    I am no professional ( not yet atleast) but i still have all my data backed up on CD-R....
    Shigh can anyone believe that they cannot backup 1.5Gig? I have 4 Gig backed up myself...
    That statement by valve makes me LMAO........
    the only sensible reason that i can see behind valve satement is that game is incomplete with some serious work remaining.

9. Monrad

Monrad Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Radeon 9800 Pro =)))
    Valve has the code, the hacker didn't delete HL2 code from VALVE computers. The problem is security. With the code all over the net every hacker out there will be able to look inside and make good hacks for internet HL2 servers... VALVE has to rewrite all the security code again.

10. alehm

alehm Guest

Well, I hate to burst Anons bubble but all AI is scripted.

Each E3 video showed off a certain aspect of Half Life 2. Gman showed facial animation, traptown (the video with the infamous soldier kicking the door in) wasmeant to show off physics not unscripted AI, if I am not mistaken it was the strider video which was used to show AI not being scripted. Where Valve went on at length about how the Strider knows by AI it can go underneath the building arch, blah blah blah....

People took the phrase "unscripted AI" and ran with it on blind faith assuming the entire game of HL2 was going to be unscripted, this unrealistic deduction was brought to a frothing head when Anon stated Valve lied because the door was scripted, thus becoming the first llama messiah against Valve.

Well, DUH! Remember Dr Klieners lab how Alyx heard the scanners and when they were spotted and the Strider blew up the side of the wall? That whole thing was a script. You think that if the AI was totally random freeform that the scanners would came by exactly after Alyx is finished talking? And the Strider would blow up the same section of wall everytime? No it is scripted.

There is no shame in scripts, it serves its purpose. But Valve trying to go forward with less scripted AI (Striders figuring out where the can move and bend under things, Dr Kliener stopping his scripted speech to tell Gordon to 'be more careful' after knocking the monitor down, or if the player is not wanting to listen to an entire scripted speech the NPC will only speak the most important information before the player leaves, ect) is a step forward from what has been done in the past, but by no means gets us away from scripted events.

Things aren't always what they seem. Anon accuses Valve of lieing. Perhaps he should examine himself more closely.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2003

11. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

the E3 demo may just be the first Half-life engine heavily moded...

12. WB_BlackWolf

WB_BlackWolf Active Member

GPU:
    BFG 6800 GT OC 256mb
    Uh, right.

And Doom III is just a heavily modded Quake 3 Engine...

Besides on the licensing deal with ATI, I pity the poor bastards who are scammed into buying a slightly faster Radeon 9800.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2003
  13. bourbon

bourbon Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Raedon 9800 flashed to pro
    Yeah, it is the source engine. That's why you see the e3 maps in all the leaked beta screen shots.

14. Twinke Masta

Twinke Masta Guest

dude NASA win 2k pro is better than xp....in so many different ways....