Half Life 2 issue

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TenderSurrender, Aug 27, 2006.

1. TenderSurrender

TenderSurrender Master Guru

GPU:
    6600GT/Onboard
    Hey gurus :)

All of a sudden, HL2 has started to act rather weirdly :(

Straight from starting the game, it will stutter ever second or so and will keep doing it no matter how long your playing.

I never had this issue on other installs when ive used it on this rig, and ive just recently defragged both my HDD and the "Game files" via steam in an attempt to rectify it.

During the stuttering my HDD accsess is no more then it was when it wasnt doing this so i beleive it might be a software thing more then hardware.

The temps never go above 65C for my processor and my GPU never goes about 68C (so both wel within the range)

One friend of mine has suggested that i uninstall and then re-download the entire game again which isnt to much of an issue but id rather not :(

Any help is really apperciated it!

Cheers guys!

~~ TS ~~

2. TenderSurrender

GPU:
    6600GT/Onboard
    Oh i forgot to add that i turn off anti-virus etc when playing so its not that either.

~~ TS ~~

3. oxide

oxide Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX980Ti
    hmm, I know I have this problem too. It occurs right after an autosave and/or when I enter new areas on occasion. BY the looks of your specs, your rig can handle this game with most of the settings on high.

Have you tried applying any of the Half-Life tweak guides? It might help.

http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_1.html

Also, just for curiosity, try setting the sound option to medium if it isn't already, you might see a difference - it did for a freind of mine.

4. TenderSurrender

GPU:
    6600GT/Onboard
    Hey oxide :)

The weirdest thing occured... i read your reply and then decided to take a trip into HL and change the settings but accidently got into my normal routine and loaded the game instead of doing what i actually set out to do which is go to options (any one else do that sorta thing lol? )

And it worked fine for a good hour whilst i was playing it before i decided to stop for a little while :\

So perhaps Valve have more of a hold over the internet then we thought, and read this thread, pre-empted me changing it and fixed it for me :p

Ok ok so thats impossible really but hey not many other explanations for it!

Thanks anyway for your help oxide, no doubt it'll come in use for someone else at some point!

~~ TS ~~