Half-Life 2: Episode 3 closer than we think?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Mkilbride, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    It was quite good too (Shalebridge cradle is great as is the widow Moira level) but the levels had shrunk in size a bit too much because it was made for consoles as well.

2. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    I thought Thief 4 was abit to large at times, honestly, but I completed it, and it was fun. Even if the ending made absolutely no sense unless you read the Wiki afterwords.

3. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    You really didn't get it

If he speaks, that means he is definitely not "you", if he does not speak, then whatever you think, throughout the game, could be considered "what is said" by the character throughout the game, therefore he is "you", but if he speaks even once, he instantly becomes someone else

4. Kaleid

Kaleid Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 5700 8GB
    Well my Gordon would at least ask what the hell is going on. He doesn't even do those basic things...instead he is told, "we gotta get you out of here" and he accept whatever mission is given to him. That certainly isn't me. Gordon is a 'nothing', some find it a strength, I find it a weakness.

5. The Laughing Ma

The Laughing Ma Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2070 Super
    So yet again someone finds some stuff hidden inside another game that hints at another major game title at some point in the future. If Valve spent half as much time developing the games as they did hiding bit sof stupid and frankly pointless easter eggs in other titles hinting at a game then maybe we would actually have HL Ep3 by now. Not that that matters because whilst HL was a true master piece, HL2 was... wholly average and Ep1 and Ep2 felt like reruns and rehashes of things we had already seen in HL1 and HL2.

Now I will admit now, that I bought and played HL1 at release but HL2 I had to wait a good year or so after release before I could play it. I had to wait till I had a decent broadband connection, thanks a bunch Steam. So by the time I played it it felt very average compared to other FPS games that were kicking around then.

So Ep3, well I am looking forwarf hugely to Portal 2 but Ep3 I could not given a toss about. They will need to do something very very interesting with it to get me back.

As for the Goran Freeman being the best character ever, well that's just rubbish ain't it. If by character they mean purely an avatar of the player then fine, but in a literary sense. Well he shows no personality, no character, no emotion, no personal or emotional attachment, no development in the slightest, put it this way Gay Tony or Nikko Belic are characters, and compared to Gordan Freeman they are a mile better.

6. Covert

Covert Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus HD 5770 1000/1300
    Yawn, ive lost interest in Half Life, HL1 was awsome because it was somthing new, but HL2 was boring.

Gaming is becoming stale, they need to stop churning out the same old sh*t and actually grow some balls and try something new, im soooo bored right now i could sell my pc and never game again, its not just the pc its consoles aswell.

look at the call of duty franchise its the biggest cash cow ever, the games are just complete rehashes of the one before, diffrent periods same game.

HL has turned into a soap, id prefer to read the script instead of playing the game because playing the game has become a chore.

Scare me to death, make me cry, make me laugh, make it emotional, suck me into the game, make me want to rush home and play.
    FFS give us something new and stop taking the easy route!

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  7. Indeo

Indeo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970@950\1200 + GT240
    +1. So true.

8. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    My god alyx looks horrid :puke2:

9. InfDaMarvel

InfDaMarvel Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD3850 256mb
    If EP3 needs to be released this year. If development isn't coming to an end soon then development hasn't moved fast enough. I'm a half life fan and I completely forgot about ep3 til I saw this post.

10. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    Laby, yeah, it's optional, I just use the High Def Alyx instead of the several other he includes.

11. Xenotone

Xenotone Master Guru

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    lol yeah i forgot about that - I bought that damn episode too. It had potential.

12. crushilista

crushilista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 670
    Aaaand that's why I don't use that mod. Alyx looks like a 2 dollar french hooker.

13. Mkilbride

Mkilbride Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX470 1.2GB
    =/

It's completely optional to use that Alyx model. Good job on not knowing anything about the mod.

He's waiting for EP3 to modify Valves Alyx model in that and make it high def, for now, I use:

[​IMG] (NEW)

[​IMG] (OLD)

He offers about 10 different Alyx models, varying looks and outfits. This is the "Hybrid" A mix of the HQ body & default face, high deffed. It's a Work In Progress, he said, I think it looks good.

Better than his older Alyx, LOL

[​IMG]

Now that's a real whore outfit. The Hybrid looks like her, just high def.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  14. SiriusTexra

SiriusTexra Member Guru

GPU:
    9800GT 512MB
    I find it funny that people say Half Life 2 was boring and had a **** story, when most people don't even understand the story. Alot of people just look at it and go "aliens taking over, evil man wants to rule the world" when it's much more complex than that.

The whole game is like a 1984 esque parallel to our own current life. Like an indicator of whats to come. Tyranny, clamping down on freedom of speech, forced sterilizations and kidnappings, manipulation and control of the society and it's structures. People just blur through the game shooting ****, and not realizing the actual focus. The outposts, the camps. It's all about people standing up to an oppressive narrow government.

It's like looking into a far away future, that seems to look closer and closer as the days go by. That is why the story is timeless.

The only far-fetched part are the aliens and zombies. The rest is totally achievable, and that's why it has impact.

Not only that, but impressive graphics for it's time, great lip synching and animation, great soundtrack, great voice acting, everything is top notch.

If your the person that ran past all the story, ignoring the characters, not thinking about why these people are locked in their rooms, awaiting a beatdown from the cops, being told by a man on a tv screen what to do and think, then you should fold your dick into your vagina and go pick up a controller, because your now out of the man club.

15. Year

Year Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 690
    any excuse is good to stop working and play games, tell me about, i do that a lot. :D

i agree that EP1 wasn't as good as HL2 and EP2 but it wasn't that bad, at least for me :)

16. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Ep1 on lowlife with a flashlight that uses the same energy for the sprint.. my god that was so annoying