Half-Life 2:Episode 1 Released! - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Jotgga91, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Jotgga91

Jotgga91 Active Member

GPU:
    Nvidia GeForce 6800 GTO
    Half-Life 2: Episode 1 was released at 10:00 PST. If anyone has played through the game, or has gotten relatively far, post comments and reviews of what you think of the game.

2. mikeysg

mikeysg Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nitro+ RX 6900 XT
    It's now 4am in my part of the world, and I've played Ep1 a lil......I'm stuck at the falling debris/elevator part. I have to stop coz I've got to get up early for work......damn VALVE for this addictive game!

3. dune2

dune2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Titan X Aqua
    I'm SO pissed off at Valve! I just tried 3 different credit cards to order the game and it would accept none of them. How on earth will I be able to buy this game if no card I have (2x Visa, 1xMC) is accepted??? My guess is that it's some sort of American issue, US shops constantly have trouble with non-US credit cards. BUt hello people, this is the modern world, shouldn't a company that tries to revolutionize the way we buy games be at least able to let you buy the game???

#runt-mode off#

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Well, i didnt have a problem. Preordered it weeks ago with my UK credit card, from, um... here in the UK and it worked fine. Just unlocking the game now to give it a wirl! :D

5. micketh

micketh Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RTX 3070 8GB
    Just tried to buy it with my Maestro, not having any of it :(.

6. MikhRus

MikhRus Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX275 Superclocked
    Bought it last week from Mexico. Now I'm still at work... 3 hours left to play it!
    Cant wait to get home :bang:

7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    Thats cos anything American doesnt accept switch/maestro. Credit cards only (not debit cards) so Visa or Mastercard.

Played the first hour or so. Really liking it. Its great. Picks up right where u end HL2. Not gonna say anything about wot happens... I'll leave that for u guys to find out for yourselves! :)

8. Valuga

Valuga Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD/ATi Radon HD4870
    Umm.. i didnt buy it yet but i will buy it in CD >=) in friday i think D: or on holydays =P will buy Sin episod at same time =))

9. Rodman

Rodman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX285 SLI@756-1580-2750
    It's nice to play a FPS with a storyline to it, kinda was forgetting what it was like. I thought the updates to the graphics were very nice as the HDR works far better than any other game I have played. The first part of the game has a shot of the sun blinding you just as it does in the real world, very, very good. I might also mention it plays very smooth (few studders as things load but not bad although Oblivion will soften anyone up in this area, lol)@ 1024x768 4XAA 8XAF everything maxed or on high. If anyone mentions I should be playing at a higher rez, enjoys playing under 60fps;)

So far the game is worth every penny:dave:

10. Templ

Templ Guest

Runs perfect at 1600x1200, 4xAA, 16xAF + HDR. Very happy with the performance in this game. No other game that looks as good as this one, plays so smooth.

11. darknight909

darknight909 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 2080
    you know you can buy this game in stores and not just through steam

but do you all like the game? is it worth 20 bucks

12. JeyNyce

JeyNyce Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotec GTX 1060 6GB
    If you like HL2 then you're going to like this. SO far it's not bad. It still have that long-ass loading time, but I'm used to it by now.

13. fiskadoro

fiskadoro Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 460 Superclocked
    it's definitely fun and looks great. no problems running it at 1280x1024 with HDR, 4x AA and 8x AF, except for the occasional stutter (which i thought the latest source code update was supposed to eradicate).

14. wrathofgod

wrathofgod Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA 8800 GTX @ 660/1100
    Bought and finished....well worth the $20 IMO. Was better than the main game...heh. I think valve learned from HL2 and made great adjustments to make HL2:EP1 better!

15. CALIGULA

CALIGULA Guest

i'll be getting this game in a couple a days. i stil wanna finish HITMAN BM.

16. thecake90

thecake90 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 1060GTX
    If you feel like sharing you can post screenshots here

17. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    How much is it on Steam in the UK, cos Steam don't do it regional so mine says $19.99 whats that in real money? (£). And i mean in Steam terms not exchange rate terms.

18. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 1080TI
    is it out! **** Our box will arive on saturday..tomorrow.****!

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 3090
    I got 10% discount as i preloaded it, so my Credit Card bill came out at about £11.50 for it. So i recon about £12.50ish full price.

20. krisha

krisha Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D GTS250 512 mb
    screeeeeeens :)