Had my jaw broken in 2 places from assault!

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by Veteran, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Hi guys
    I thought i would share this with you....
    I was attacked at random on sunday by 2 men out of the blue while coming back from the gym/going to the shop,it was an unprovoked attack.They hit me from behind/side and caught me well off guard.

I have 2 titainium plates now in my jaw which will remain there for the rest of life,i came out of the operating theatre today,having to wait to be seen to as the injured soldiers coming back from afghanistan/iraq are flown directly to the hospital i was in 10 hrs ago(selly oak ),i was transferred to the Q.E. so i could get seen too which im in at this minute.

I was also quite surprised at how many people were/are in hospital with broken/fractured jaws....seems violence could be on the increase.

My family and friends have all been very supportive in visiting me and helping me to stay mentally strong.

Im not posting this for sympathy but to give some of you a heads up,you really do need eyes in the back of your head nowadays.

Anyhow take care and beware:)

2. demm

demm Master Guru

GPU:
    8600GTS
    So, they just beat you up for no reason, or was it a robbery?

3. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    shame you didnt get them caught, you get compensation then

4. Best thing to do is not search them out. But if you ever get in a fight again and someone punchs ya in the jaw...its gonna kill em. Your like a real life JAWS out of bond now :)

5. Jonnyboy

Jonnyboy Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC GTX 1070
    sorry to hear about what happened veteran.kinda make me think the cites should put video camera's on the street but have them hidden like new york has to help catch people that do these kind of crimes.

6. Li4m79

Li4m79 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xPalit GTX770 Jetstream
    thats pretty sihtty man.... no need at all!

7. Nato.dbnz

Nato.dbnz Ancient Guru

GPU:
    5870 Crossfire
    Hallryu tried to warn you in another thread...

8. nvlddmkm

nvlddmkm Banned

GPU:
    EVGA GTX285
    Dude, that does suck real bad. Sorry it happened to ya. Reminds me of the neighborhoods I grew up in where that happened quite a bit. Too bad a camera didn't catch the attack. Is it illegal to carry a knife where you live?

9. inklimited

inklimited Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6850 900MHz
    That's disgusting, mate. The least they could have done was call you out for a bit of 1v1.

Scumbags these days...

10. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Rtx3080 SuprimX
    did u see there faces
    perhaps someone has a grudge,have you won a fight recently

11. sk8zophrenia

sk8zophrenia Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX1060
    im sorry bout what happened to u man.

i got attacked too last week on my way to futsal, 4 russian skinheads already awaited me, 2 came from behind, 2 waited in front, one of them behind me kicked my back and i rolled down the stairs, then when i was down, they continously kicked me and shout "wanna run?". i managed to get up and run they grabbed my futsal shoe bag, i let it go and ran.
    after few minutes i got back there and the bag still on the ground. i picked it up and continue to go to the court. luckily i only got several bruises.

they did it just for fun :(

12. Svein_Skogen

Svein_Skogen Maha Guru

GPU:
    2x GTX570, ASUS+eVGA
    My sympathies. There really is no excuse for such displays of random violence. All the years I actually trained martial arts, I was told "violence should ALWAYS be the absolutely last resort, when all other ways have been tried, including flight."

Too bad it seems the garbage floating around the streets never had that training. They could've needed to hear that for a decade or more.

Now, you make sure to rest well, and get better, you hear? And stop banging yourself up mentally, there was nothing you could've done to prevent this. Unprovoked attacks from such garbage happens every day, you just were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Look on the bright side, you can now annoy those TSA agents at the airport by beeping their metal-scanners and use your passport (which will be marked that you have a metal implant) as a test in basic reading skills for those goons. ;)

//Svein

13. Texter

Texter Guest

GPU:
    Club3d GF6800GT 256MB AGP
    It's England, they even have multiple cameras hanging in public bathrooms. There are tens of millions of camera's hooked up to a central database with face recognition and human behavior algorithms to recognize fighting or just people spitting out their gum. Still, the cameras aren't EVERYWHERE, but Veteran should definitely check with the authorities for footage of his assailants.

Hope it heals quickly and they can get those bastards, Veteran.

14. ibitato

ibitato Guest

I hope you get ok, sincerely .... sh1t happens all the time
    I got in the middle of a fight, in cristmasts like 20 years ago and ended up in the hospital really badly wounded; I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time :(

15. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    It was a robbery mate as once they hit me,they were trying to pull the gym bag from my back which had 40 pound in it and water bottles for the gym.I have had few punches to the face over the years but once this guy hit me i knew something was seriously wrong with my jaw,i knew it was broken,then another guy appeared which instinctively told me *dont bother fighting back and just give them the bag or you could end up seriously hurt even more*so i threw the bag on the ground,they rummaged through it took the money and threw the bag on the floor,i picked my bag up and walked off,i seen them walk into a house which i told the police about on sunday.

The police will be taking the matter further once i get out of hospital which i have just been told that i will be going home today as everything looks fine.

TBH the last time iwas in hospital was when i was 15(1990) for breaking my leg after being hit by a car running across the road.....i hated hospital as it was so boring but nowadays its great,you get free internet(touchscreen)you can purchase a card that enables you to watch tv,movies etc I also have a copy of EDGE magazine that my fiance got for me to read which im looking forward too.Its also nice to be looked after especially by all the nurses especially the younger female ones:)Everyone here has been so helpful and they really do care,

Going for x-ray now i speak later guys thanks for support

16. avivoni

avivoni Ancient Guru

GPU:
    560ti 448 classified
    now dont go just braking body parts just to go have the young nurses pamper you vet. lol.
    its sad what some will do to others for a bit of money or for whatever reason and its even worse when you think that the child of that person will be just like him and so and so on its like a pest infectation. anyways glad you are ok.

17. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Veteran, I hope the police find these bastards. ****ing cowards, neither would front you up mate, if you asked. They are just ****ing cowards and deserve the noose!

Yes it is. You can snatch one up, in the heat of the moment to defend yourself but proactive carrying is a no, no. You get arrested for it. On the plus side more ****heads get arrested for carrying than law abiding folks.

Personally I always bring my Audi car key to hand when walking anywhere. It locks out and would rip through a cheek or eye socket quite easily!

Last edited: Jun 9, 2010
  18. Laykun

Laykun Guest

GPU:
    2 x EVGA GTX670 4GB
    You are now a cyborg, enjoy the machine life.

19. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    wow veteran, i hope you feel better soon man. horrible expiernce,, the ****ing cowards!!

20. Xendance

Xendance Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia Geforce 570
    Maybe you can play him in the next James Bond movie:

[​IMG]