Hacker posts Facebook bug report on Zuckerberg's wall

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 19, 2013.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
  2. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Anyone who believes their information on facebook is secure has to be stupid. While the average person wouldn't matter. There are plenty of important people that will be targeted for information from facebook. Business thrives off information for its war on winning influence to get those deals, or to find out info on what rivals companies are making for products.

For example: AMD would surely love to find out a Nvidia engineers personal life, then find a way to perhaps send a agent to that person and befriend him. In the future, perhaps find out crucial information about their technology. This type of stuff use to be exclusive to spies in the 80's Cold War, but now with modern practically, manipulation is used day by day in business.

Maybe not AMD or Nvidia, but that was a example, we're talking millions of dollars at stake for some companies that depend on their next product line to make or break companies. This type of stuff does happen, you think hackers are not a high demand skill?

Perhaps Zuckerberg and facebook don't care about protecting security because they have business interests to allow other companies or people to take whatever information they want out of facebook. They may not give users information from facebook to anyone, but they surely are not preventing hackers from getting info out of their system.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  3. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    It always amazes me the amount of info people store on Facebook. Mobile numbers, address etc. No wonder there is so many hackers about these days.

4. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Zuckerburg should offer him a job...

5. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    I quote from the article:

".....He reported the vulnerability through Facebook's security feedback page, which offered a minimum reward of $500 for each real security bug report."

$500? Come on you cheap b*asterds. Multi-Multi-Multi Billion fortune Company and you give just $500 to someone who in the end make your money machine, even better?

A minimum of $5000 should be offered and you will see how many security and other faults/bug will be discovered.

Then maybe, only maybe, Facebook will be much more secure.

6. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    Facebook is for people that want an crave atention Facebook and all the other social webites will never be secure just like they are always watched by the goverments, but then i never liked those social websites, so i bias

Last edited: Aug 19, 2013
  7. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The old Zuckerburg would have.

8. Veeshush

Veeshush Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 680 Lightning
  9. JEskandari

JEskandari Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3060 (95w)
    come on they don't even want to pay that 500$

10. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    lol! And on side note, is probably what the montly electricity cost of by their Water Dispensers in the their building/offices. If they are not using just Tap water that is.. :p

11. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
    he should be ashamed for trying to improve a retarded website like fb, even if they pay 500$ for it

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Governments must love Facebook. All they need to do is type a name and up pops the persons picture.

13. Koniakki

Koniakki Guest

GPU:
    ZOTAC GTX 1080Ti FE
    LOL! But I guess smart crooks delete their accounts if ever made or make fake ones.. As for the dump ones.. Well they are the ones get caught first obviously... :D

Also I quote a piece from an article on another website:

"Facebook usually offers bounties for bug reports like this – $20,000 or more per bug, and in total the social network has paid over $1M"

It seems I rushed to early to bash the social network... They do indeed give a sizable reward and actually that's pretty neat. Good for them.

At least they are taking care of their money-well. And "well" as in the structure btw.. :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  14. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    Something tells me he will....Stay tuned for more...

15. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This isn't nearly as good as the article on TorrentFreak about Prenda Law....lol