h60 + 9600k?

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by visine, Feb 15, 2019.

1. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    Hi,

I recently upgraded and bought a 9600k, however I have a h60 cooler (2018) edition.

And while gaming the temps are peaking at 65-70, should I expect this from the cooler?

2. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    Also, is it worth using noctua thermal paste instead of the thermal paste that arrives with the cooler?

3. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    which games? If more recent and more demanding, I would say yes it's in line for that 120mm rad.

I remember my old H90 pre-applied paste seemed to be a little better then noctua, Im not sure now. I think they used some HQ Japan paste back then idk the name atm.

4. BlackZero

BlackZero Guest

Shin-Etsu MicroSi.

I have been using that for years, and still have a few syringes of X23-7762 and G751 laying about.

-Tj- likes this.

5. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Also try mounted at the back case - exhaust fan, but set it as intake and then exhaust fans on top of the case. Saw this at corsair recommendation..

Anyway I have that with H90 over 5 years and keeps system in check, cpu max usually in mid 60-65s (otherwise in low 45-58c), 70-72c maybe only by loading e.g. thedivison loading level at 4.7ghz and 1.29v, 4.6 at 1.24v it's at least 5-7C cooler.

But I will get H115i pro rgb soon and hope to have those 4.6ghz temps at 4.7ghz or even 4.8 :D

6. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    Thanks for all the replies, so I should probably have added like 10 more dollars and bought the h75 with push and pull instead?

7. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
  8. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    I could probably try and use the fan as an intake instead of exhaust, may give me some slighty better temps. However, from earlier i'm just used to having less than 60c because I used to OC alot.
    These days I dont see the point as the cpus are pretty good standard, and u dont rly need more in gaming

9. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    Another thing is that the radiator is getting so hot

10. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    Would a noctua NH-U14S cooler be more efficient?

11. Caesar

Caesar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Gaming X
    i used one fan before the radiator[sys fan] (fan from inside situated just next to the motherboard back-plate) and another fan[cpu fan] after the radiator (inside the case). That is the radiator is situated between 2 fans....
    8 to 12 degree c lower in temperature compared to 1 fan.

One thing important: both fans must be placed so that they push air from inside to outside.....

12. visine

visine Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 Gaming
    I just sent the cooler back, and bought a h100i pro instead. Temps are never above 50 under load.

Geryboy likes this.