H2o Questions.

Discussion in 'Die-hard Overclocking & Case Modifications' started by Steppis, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    Hi.
    Ive looked around for some h2o kits and pre-build systems and there where non that cached my attention so ive decided too build a custom one.
    Ive read around and im sure that im going to manage to build the system with out problems.. i only need a pointer in the right derection on how to connect the system up.
    The things i want to cool with h2o is, CPU, GPU1 and GPU2 and Chipset. Im not sure if i can fit a cooling block onto the chipset due to the GPU2 card and small components in the way for placing the tubing into the side of the block but ill buy a chipset block anyway and see if i can manage to fit it in the system.

Now the question is how do i setup this system? i mean like tank -> pump -> cpu -> gpu1 -> gpu2 -> chipset -> radiator -> tank -> cpu -> etc etc

If someone would be kind to help me and make a simpel drawing or something on how to do it.. 1 with chipset and one without chipset (incase i cant proporly fit the block)

And also the size of pump and tank and radiator for this setup would also be good to know.. the rest i should manage to find myself.

Sorry for the long read.

Thanx guys.

Edit: Here are some of the parts ive come up with for now. Feel free too make suggestions for change.

1x Swiftech APOGEE XT CPU Block
    2x Swiftech Komodo GPU Block
    1x Mist Radiator Extreme 3x120mm
    10x Inlet/Outlet Nippel 1/4"BSPx1/2"ID
    1x Feser One Cooling Fluid 1Liter
    1x Swiftech MCP655 Water Pump
    3x Scythe Ultra Kaze fan (3000rpm)
    5x Clearflex60 Tubing (5 meters all togheter)
    1x AC Twinplex Chipset block

I only have 3 options for water tanks atm..
    Magicool MC-AGB150
    MIST MISTRES2
    AC AquaBox

Last edited: Mar 10, 2011
  2. padishah

padishah Active Member

GPU:
    2X Pny 470gtx's
    Order of your setup isnt important as long as your res is above your pump
    try and stay awat from the feser fluids they gunk up the micro fins in the water blocks plain old distilled water and a killcoil works the best

the mcp 655 is a great pump

the gpu blocks are a bit restrictive look at the Ek full cover Gpu blocks

the apogee xt is a great block

i havent heard anything about the radiator but i prefer the xspc rx 360

the chipset blocks are really restrictive and will cut your flow alot

as far as tanks go check out tilatech.com they have a great sale going on ek Tanks if price is no option these are good resevoirs http://www.frozencpu.com/products/10951/ex-res-216/FrozenQ_PC_Mods_Liquid_Fusion_V_Series_2nd_Generation_Reservoir_400mm_-_UV_Cathode_-_UV_Red_Helix.html?tl=g30c97

3. Steppis

Steppis Master Guru

GPU:
    2xXFX 5870 "XT" Crossfire
    Okey. Thanx for the tips.
    Ive done some adjustments too the list now.. The adjustments are in highlighted text.
    I could not find the "Killcoil" A link would be good.
    1x x Swiftech APOGEE XT CPU Block
    2x EK FC5870 V2 Radeon HD 5870 Acetal+Nickel Full Cover GPU Water Block
    2x EK FC5870 V2 Backplate - Black
    1x EK BAY SPIN Reservoir - Plexi
    1x EK CoolStream RAD XT (360) Radiator

10x Inlet/Outlet Nippel 1/4"BSPx1/2"ID
    1x Swiftech MCP655 Water Pump
    3x Scythe Ultra Kaze fan (3000rpm)
    5x Clearflex60 Tubing (5 meters all togheter)

Edit: Ive decided to drop the chipset block, reason explained by padishah.
    Also its stated that the EK FC5870 block is for non-refrence cards.. Mine are XFX 5870 "XT". Will thoes block fit my card?

4. padishah

padishah Active Member

GPU:
    2X Pny 470gtx's
    Hello Steppis here is alink to the kill coil its a strip of silver that kills microbes in your water

http://www.jab-tech.com/Antimicrobial-Silver-Strip-pr-4530.html

As far as the waterblocks go email the support of the site your buying it from to confirm or goto EK's website and find your black and check compatibility
    http://www.ekwaterblocks.com/shop/blocks/vga-blocks/ati-radeon-full-cover-blocks/radeon-5870-series.html

Other then that if you want to add color to your tubing try Primochill
    http://www.jab-tech.com/Primochill-Tube-c-319.html
    Clearflex is good tubing and will work well just the lack of color
    looks like a nice kit enjoy your new addiction

Just and FYI on tubing some like to get 7/16 id tubing and stuffing it over 1/2 barbs for a tighter fit and a little insurance against leaking