Guru3D Thermal Paste Roundup 2019

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Aug 23, 2019.

1. icedman

icedman Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI Duke GTX 1080
    Very informative thanks for the comparision I know which pastes to stick to, up until now I've always used arctic silver 5.

2. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Master Guru

GPU:
    DECIDING
    ' Ditto ' Noctua paste and heat sinks have served me well. I'll stick with what i know .

3. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 2070XC ultra
    Im using Noctua`s nt-h2 on my I7 7700k(delidded) at the moment and i`d say its on Parr with my previous Thermal grizzly hydro and cryonaught but given that h2 is 3.5g compared to the other 2 which you can get in 5.5g tubes for a similar price but get the same results i`d say if your curious...try it but there is little to gain.

It may be worth pointing out that my first application i used a line but was not happy with the temps so tried a grain of rice size with idle temps 3-4 degree`s lower after a cuple of hours gaming.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2019
  4. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 1080 TI
    Very nice review. What I'd like to see is a closer monitoring of room temperature and perhaps a multi-time application to get a shootout of the better pastes.
    From my own experience, room temperature fluctuates quite a lot while testing, so it's rather hard to find small differences without it as part of the equation.

5. The Goose

The Goose Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga 2070XC ultra
    Trying the Noctua`s nt-h2 on my Evga gtx 1080ftw and temps have gone up 3 degrees from the stock paste...got more Kryonaut on order, cant say im impressed with the H2 at all, i spent an hour on the division 2 and max temp went up 10c to 82c but after another hour idle dropped from 44c to 37c, H2 supposedly needs no burn in time but i think it does need time to spread itself

Last edited: Sep 5, 2019
  6. boombastik

boombastik Master Guru

GPU:
    rx580 SapphirePulse
    The only non conductive and non capacitive paste that dont fail (pump out effect) in bare die application paste with gpu heatsink is the mediocore arctic ceramique 2. I find zero degration if you dont open the heatsink. Good lack with other silicon pastes that need replace every three months.
    Mx4 in bare die applications with gpus like gtx980 and rx580 last 8 days not 8 years. When i open is only water and no paste.
    For thermal pad replacement i use the greek product k5 pro with good results and no degration as well.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2019