Guru3D RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Download 7.3.5 Final

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 7, 2024.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    mbk1969, The1, reslore and 3 others like this.
  2. v4npro

v4npro Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 7900XT
    Thanks!

3. Conrad.TDI

Conrad.TDI Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 460 OC 1gig
    Thank you for continuing with this wonderful software!

4. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    For me it's bugged
    cannot update it
    already tried uninstall rv & afb / reinstall / deleted folders / stopped processes

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

Nothing is bugged if you know how to use the magic of Search button.

Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  6. nilo

nilo Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 SUPRIM X
    Really I don't know what's Seach button:)

7. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    I can final show Res and HZ on my layouts!

8. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    Great application and great update. Front Edge Sync frame limiting works great for 99% fps frametimes, everything is super smooth and consistant. 60 limit hits 60 99% fps for example, the other options were getting more like 50 99% fps numbers for a 60 limit.

9. Unwinder

That's a placebo. Front edge sync is not anyway better than back edge sync or async modes and it provides higher input latency. The only true usage case for it is hybrid scanline sync mode where you use framerate limiter to steer tearline position.
    You're simply validating it with an application (CapFrameX?) which is calculating percentiles for present_to_present frametimes (which are also adjusted by front edge sync limiter). If you look at frame_start_to_frame_start frametimes (which are adjusted by back edge sync and async modes) and percentiles related to it, the picture will be opposing.

10. reslore

reslore Member Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 7800 XT
    It was a quick test and I was going off of AMD overlay stats. Great program thanks for the information.

11. Harry Lloyd

Harry Lloyd Member

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 4070
    Curious about the Reflex limiter. Can that reduce input lag compared to the async one (which is already great)? Could there be any downsides?

12. RealNC

RealNC Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4070 Ti Super
    It can, but not because of the limiter itself, but because of the whole Reflex system. It comes into play when your GPU is completely maxed out and thus extra frames to be rendered are piling up.

What that means for FPS limiting is that in cases where the game is unable to reach the cap because the GPU can't keep up, the lag penalty should be reduced.

If the cap is always reached, then Reflex doesn't do anything. Input lag should be the same as with the normal async limiter.

Harry Lloyd likes this.
  13. Quantum Alchemist

Quantum Alchemist New Member

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Having some issue with artifacts when Riva Tuner is on. Looks like random white bars appearing and disappearing rapidly, but only within the ~2" at the left edge of my ultrawide (21:9). Goes away if I close Riva Tuner or turn off OSD. Started after update, but I also updated NVIDIA drivers at the same time, so not sure what's at fault. Haven't found anything on this in Search or Google, but happy to wear the dunce cap if it means I fix this.

14. Unwinder

RTM and don't blindly click buttons and enable random unknown options, if you have no ideas what exactly do you do. Those "artifacts" are FCAT overlay, which you decided to turn on yourself.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2024
  15. toxicseal57

toxicseal57 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 LHR
    hello made an account to report a bug on my favorite frame rate cap program version 7.3.5 has a TERRIBLE lag in elden ring and I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing this rivatuner is all default settings just a cap of 60 fps for the smooth frame pacing and wondering is anyone else can start up elden ring and test this with just a normal 60 fps cap i downgraded to version 7.3.4 and everything seems to work fine for anyone testing just play for five minutes moving around the map and the terrible lag or load time spikes to like 3000ms. Game has no mods default install

16. toxicseal57

toxicseal57 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 LHR
    this bug only effects elden ring it seems i play fortnite as well as the Finals and version 7.3.5 works fine obviously in the meantime ill be one 7.3.4 I tried the new nvidia frame limiting method and the result was the same as async both incredibly laggy

17. Unwinder

Bad luck for you, sorry, I don't own this game and don't plan to buy it. You may only try to disable Reflex latency markers injection in 7.3.5 (change ReflexSetLatencyMarker from 1 (default) to 0 in .\ProfileTemplates\Global), probably the game dislikes it.

Google search tells that the same was reported with previous RTSS version on game launch and it was magically fixed by game updates after a while:

PC PSA: Avoid using RTSS with Elden Ring for now! : r/Eldenring (reddit.com)

So most likely that's game's protective system and whitelisting on its side related. If that's the case, they'll transparently update it for 7.3.5 as well.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2024
  18. Unwinder

Found similar reports in elder ring steam community and decided that it worth buying for investigation. The issue seems to be introduced by the following change added in 7.3.5 RC build 28000:

- Added extra synchronization to detours uninstallation implementation to minimize risk of crashing on attempt to exit RTSS during a game runtime when driver level framerate limiter is active and “Use Microsoft Detours API hooking” option is enabled

I'll try to bypass it at application profile level and provide an updated build with workaround for this game shortly.

19. toxicseal57

toxicseal57 New Member

GPU:
    RTX 3060 LHR
    thank you for taking the time and also so surprised the developer responded to me big fan. fixing stuff for individual games must be annoying so thank you

theoneofgod likes this.
  20. Unwinder