Guru3D Rig of the Month - June 2015

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 29, 2015.

1. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    4K with 3gig is possible, and work fine, despite a lot of people write (4g of use are very very very rare...) but the real question is "does the 780 can handle descently the 4K"
    i would say it's a bit at the limit... but with 780 you can already do a lot few bellow.

about watercool the GPUs heat goes up only and are pushed this way and the 780 doesn't heat a lot even in OC... exept for silence i don't think it is usefull.

this rig is nice and mobile, everything is logical, i like it.

2. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Added a photo for mr. sourpuss here. Oh and here here and here to see the chassis evolve and running. And on the reservoir, not everybody uses one, define tubing, pre-fill and close the loop.

Now eat them ... :nerd:

[​IMG]

3. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6700 XT
    yes most of the time the reservoir is used as decanter...
    it's as used in track car if you check your coolant level and a part remove presure (tap cap or valve) you can remove coolant reservoir.

btw my computer "reservoir" is 15cm of 10/13 tube with fillport on top when it goes down i add few and it's ok... never have problem on my WC since many many years (on other hand pump and cooler unit are 5/6m away on other room... lot of fluid in tube already).

4. cleverman

cleverman Guest

GPU:
    the reservoir ?
    show us the reservoir..
    oh and your first pictures failed bad because what I wrote could well of been true from those images.

Ok I eat,
    good job there I take it all back.
    but you should of just posted them images because from the images provided I could of been right.
    Nice job indeed,
    I all ways say anything off the shelf don't belong on rig of the mth and yours isn't like that, good job.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015

5. Hughesy

Hughesy Guest

GPU:
    MSI Twin Frozr 980

You don't need a reservoir for watercooling, hence those AIO coolers don't use them. Not sure why you thought he would post a rig of the month that isn't a real build, think next time, he knows what he's doing. Not looking so clever, cleverman:nerd:....:stewpid:

Take that last part as tongue in cheek.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Very neat, like it.

7. Rage

Rage Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX680 2GB
    I was thinking the exact opposite. I only checked out all 4 pages waiting to see what it looked like with the front and rear shrouds on, only to find out that there weren't any. (Or did I miss them?) It just looks like a small rig, with three GPU's that is almost finished. Not sure why ROTM, but congrats to him.

+1

8. bigfutus

bigfutus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 VENTUS 10G
    Are you a wizard? I don't know how you managed it otherwise :)

9. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    If your renderer supports CUDA/OpenCL you want to render on GPUs. A single high-end GPU generally trashes any CPU around. 3 of those is quite ridiculous. Not to mention multi-GPU scaling is pretty much perfect and you don't even need similar video cards like CFX/SLI. You can throw in any cards you want.

LE: This was referring to the fact that he said he's using the desktop as a render slave aswell.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  10. xIcarus

xIcarus Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Gamerock
    Hilbert already posted what you're saying. Page 1.

11. Dr.Puschkin

Dr.Puschkin Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti Suprim
    Airflow is not good and there's air in the loop.

12. L3p

L3p Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX980 SLI
    Nice job Ottetal:thumbup: