Guru3D Rig of the Month - July 2019

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    It all started when I decided to collect all the components of this Sanyo system... So I got the amplifier, Tuner, Program Timer and was (and still am) on a lookout for the Deck from that series... One day I found one broken amp on sale for really nothing... and then the idea popped in my head... I could move my PC into that, and make the front completely functional! Bought it, and then the fun started... it was all but simple as I thought it will be... but it was worth it... now I have a 70s stereo system with a little powerhouse inside :)

Best thing is that is uses much less space, its completely quiet... and no one has an idea its a PC :)

airbud7, mrrulez911 and Robbo9999 like this.
  2. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    Oh, I forgot... Here is a short video...

airbud7 and mrrulez911 like this.
  3. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I miss HI-FI era...

4. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I absolutely loved this build. Unique and features that would appeal to an adult for a change. Nice job on this build!

Božo Kaurić likes this.

5. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    What you talking about, I got my Sony Hi-Fi from year 2000 plugged into my Smart TV with a toslink cable! 2 channel quality 'cinema' sound, but it's true I don't use the cassette deck anymore!

airbud7, Božo Kaurić and Yogi like this.
  6. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    And here's me with my old 80's Sony Hi-Fi hooked up to a "smart" TV via 3.5mm to stereo adapter

airbud7, Robbo9999 and Božo Kaurić like this.
  7. Gomez Addams

Gomez Addams Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3090
    Very cool! That calculator looks like a TI SR-56. I still have one myself although I rarely use it now. I used to write little programs for it on occasion, before I had a computer. ;)

8. JamesSneed

JamesSneed Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    I thought it looked like a TI-30. :) I just had it hit me kids don't really use calculators anymore do they? I still have a TI-85 laying around here somewhere.

9. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    It is a TI-30 ;)

10. krysc4d

krysc4d Guest

GPU:
    980ti
    Amazing Rig Božo, at the beginning I thought it's a freaking fake 3D Render, respect mate! :)

Božo Kaurić likes this.

11. RonanH

RonanH Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1070
    Wow that's a really slick build. I love it, great job.

12. kado

kado Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX3070 XC3
    @Božo Kaurić
    Great to see that x58 is still going strong there. I also have a x58 system (Asus P6T Deluxe v2) with a Xeon X5680 @ 4.4 GHz (upgraded from a i7 920 @ 4.0 GHz) but in your case a Xeon is not an upgrade as your 970 has 6 cores and 12 threads already.
    Anyway, great build!

13. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    Sorry, but 'quality cinema sound' is not HI-FI (neither technically nor aesthetically).

14. Yogi

Yogi Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 6800
    Perhaps, but if you're on a budget, you're going to get a much better sounding system if you stick to a 2.1 system.

Especially if you don't have the space to properly set up full home theatre surround sound in which case a 5.1 or 7.1 is almost completely wasted money imho.

Robbo9999 likes this.
  15. Robbo9999

Robbo9999 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Hey, well my post was kind of a light hearted jokey one, but in reality it does sound good with TV/Movie sound coming out of my 2 channel HiFi speakers - it's good quality stereo sound. Yep, and I think Yogi's right about it in his post above mine - I'm sure there's lots of so called "modern cinema sound speaker systems" that look good and don't take up much space but sound like sh*t in comparison to a good 2 channel system (ie old fashioned HiFi connected) - I think you got to spend a fair wad of cash on good quality 5.1 or 7.1 if you want something truly decent in comparison, and then you've got some of the space and configuration issues that he mentioned above too. Ha, I also like the contrast of the fairly big 3-way naked speakers of my HiFi sitting on either side of my modern Smart TV - it's a like a fully functional fusion of 2 eras (retro & modern) - which is what the winner of this Guru3d rig of the month did too. Not to mention that you're also extracting all that value out of using an old but quality piece of hi-fi for 20 years, not throwaway tech which has become all the more common in recent years!

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019

16. ladcrooks

ladcrooks Guest

GPU:
    DECIDING
    love it, completely different, some out the box thinking there but in a box :) ;) :p :D :cool:

There you go, I have awarded you more smileys then anyone else :D

airbud7 and Božo Kaurić like this.
  17. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Nice idea and done so nicely too. I like how you have ten year old gear inside of 50 year old gear. Retro inside of retro!

18. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    Once I do get to upgrading, I think I will build something completely new, and leave this as is, with all those components inside... cause it is still a very powerful machine and runs great for my current needs... but, the day will come, and a new monster will have to be built...

airbud7 and Yogi like this.
  19. airbud7

airbud7 Guest

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    That is wicked cool right there!....Love it.

Božo Kaurić likes this.
  20. Božo Kaurić

Božo Kaurić Member

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 2060
    Hi all

You have always been very supportive when I was showing off my work here, but today, for the first time, I would like to ask for your help.

I wish to start manufacturing the case I have designed, but since I am a solo designer with no financial backup to pull it of, I made a crowdfunding campaign on OKpal.com (similar to indiegogo and kickstarter, but available in my country, Croatia).

Every amount will be more then helpful to get this project moving, so I can finally make this case and be able to offer it to everyone.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Also, every share on social media helps alot!

Thank you, Božo Kaurić

https://www.okpal.com/vintage-hi-fi-computer-case/#/

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Robbo9999 likes this.