Guru3D Rig of the Month - February 2014

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Feb 28, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    The Guru3D Rig of the Month February 2014 was made by Amlett, he designed a PC that is not extremely modded, but very stylish, simple and subtle. Yeahs these keywords would suit his rig called the Ome...

Guru3D Rig of the Month - February 2014

2. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    That IS a thing of beauty.

3. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    Great looking system indeed.

4. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Love the case.

5. Metzen

Metzen New Member

Amlett, I was one of the engineers on the OMEN chassis. If you want the software to control the LED lights at the top and bottom of the chassis, send me a message and I'll get it to you.

Great work on cleaning that beauty up! Love the black tubes.

6. dk_lightning

dk_lightning Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070Ti
    These rigs are very nice and all but I really don't think this competition is very fair.

The people who spend £1000+ on their PC and enter Rig of the Month and win these cool prizes, SSD's, Cases etc. When in reality they can afford to buy those things them selves and the people who don't have the money to buy those same prizes and do the best they can with what they got don't win anything. That to me is not a fair deal.

While there have been a few entries from people who have not spent that much on their rig that have won its been mostly those who have spent a lot of cash that have won. Not that anyone ever gives a crap what I say but just my thoughts on ROTM - And on top of that the winner isnt even an active G3D member and has only 1 post!

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  7. amlett

amlett Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X
    That would be great! Where can I write you? Can't send a private message since I don't have 15 posts in the forum.

regards.

8. proFits

proFits Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080
    Clean stuff. Good job!

9. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    amazing love this rig:thumbup:

10. BABA-The Hacker

BABA-The Hacker Banned

GPU:
    PALIT GTX770 OC 2GB
    Love it...purely vintage...

[​IMG]

a sure VoTE from mine......

11. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    men i ned to make most erotic PC compeition 2015 who is with me? thing liek this could evn get inside near the top!

12. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    excellent build! Only thing I would of prefered would of been more straight tubing runs but that is me just nitpicking to be honest.

Also those Samsung Green 30nm RAM sticks are a thing of beauty! ;) some of the best RAM you can get!

13. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    It is passion driven, many people love their hobbies. A persons income usually has little to do with it.

This guy used a case which he could only afford to buy used, years after its release. The PC he built is very sedate, everything used was very practical.

There have been some monthly rigs which look and probably cost more money then practical sense would allow most people to do, but hobbies are passion driven.

14. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Guest

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    Regardless, he has a very valid point.

1 post on the forums (perhaps he has another account, who knows) but basically just to submit his rig and gets rig of the month which awards him prizes..

I'm not saying its not deserving, he did a great job and its a very worthy rig of the month.. however I agree with dk_lightning in that there should be some stipulation that you must be a user of these forums for some amount of time.

Id feel kinda cheated if I submit my next rig for rig of the month and some other person who has been on the forums for two days gets picked.. just feels kind of cheap.

15. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    Nah, he fully earned it. Congrats, amlett. :)

The forums are just a offshoot of the actual website. I'm sure we only make up a fraction of the people that actually visit Guru3D.

16. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    If we'd do that then there wouldn't be a rig of the month whatsoever, way too little people are submitting rigs for that.

Also you make it feel like the ROTM is about forums users ? It is about the Guru3D readerbase.

17. amlett

amlett Guest

GPU:
    R9 290X
    Hi everyone.

First of all, thanks for all the congrats and for reading the article. I didn't want to bother anyone participating in the ROTM, really.

Also, I didn't send my rig for the prices. As I said in the article, this is a huge a achievement for me as it's hitting roof in my hobby.

When I sent the rig to G3D I supposed it would be difficult to be selected due to other rigs have such amazing mods and, after all, I wanted to keep my case as much as possible as when it was released. For me, it's the best case ever made. I don't think it needs any mods. Maybe it hasn't so much work on it as other ROTMs, but believe if I tell you that rehab the case has taken many many hours.

I've been reading Guru3D since 2008 (one of the top hardware reviewers for me), but never thought about getting into the forums. there is nothing special about it, I usually participate in a spanish forum, that is where I started with all this hardware stuff. Anyway I'll try to enter on this forums more often, I understand the point some users are commenting.

regards.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  18. CyberPaddy

CyberPaddy Guest

GPU:
    migty 8800GTX
    congrats on ur win hamlett i liek it alot an dont worry about the ppl on forum, we are only 1 of many ofrums all over the world.

10/10 for the pics!

19. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Nice rig forthe month. Tbh i was going to build up my Caselabs at the time and submit it for Rig of the month but tbh i couldnt be arsed. In the end i sold it and bought a 900D which i still have not put any hardware into.

20. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    you're a special one. :3eyes: