Guru3D - OCZ Vertex 460A Test Panel Group

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Apr 23, 2015.

1. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    STRIX 2080 Super
    Here's my July report. No issues!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I had a rather odd issue today while playing The Witcher 3, no ideea if it was indeed SSD related, but anyway, it might have. So here it is:

At one point in a game during a certain cutscene my screen froze and I got the dpc_watchdog_violation BSOD, which I never had before in my 140 hours of playing (or in other windows crash scenarios), restarted and again, and again, at the same cutscene (tried +10 times). I even went ahead and disabled all my OCs and no good, still getting the watchdog BSOD.

So then I googled a bit and tried fast-boot enable/disable in Windows power options but it still wouldn't work, so I used this method https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vvvaWbMgkI, basically I went in device manager, selected the OCZ SSD, on which I have the game installed, and manually "updated driver", even though, I hardly did anything, just selected the drive and it asked for a restart (I had no actual firmware update install file or such).

And to my surprise it worked, I got past the cutscene and played the game for several hours after without issues. What I noticed is that the drive also boots a lot faster now (even AS SSD wen't up from 1000 points to 1040~), both restart and cold boot BUT another weird issue appeared, I couldn't access my BIOS anymore, as the keyboard wouldn't turn on until I was past the post screen (which too is VERY short now), so I changed the USB port to one of the front panel and... it worked, went in the BIOS and re-enabled my OC just fine, however, DEL/F2 doesn't work in my initial USB port anymore.

So yeah, in the end it turned out good (minus the keyboard part), since I ended up with a faster drive. Still, it was such chain reaction of weird things out of the blue and I still have no ideea why they happened... :O

3. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX

Most common cases for dpc_watchdog_violation errors is outdated firmwares on SSD drives, but it can also be drivers that arent fully supported by the operating system.

I will try the same fix as you if I ever receive the same BSOD.

4. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    I'm having surgery tomorrow, so this month's post is a few days early.

OCZ SMART:
    [​IMG]

ASSSD OS Partition:
    [​IMG]

ASSSD Non OS Partition:

[​IMG]

CDM OS Partition:
    [​IMG]

CDM Non OS Partition:

[​IMG]

The CDM OS Partition Reads seemed a touch low to me this time around, although it could be there were more background processes running this time. All in all everything has been fast and rock solid since day one. :)

5. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Update for month 4:

SSD Guru:
    [​IMG]
    Benchmarks:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    So there are no real changes in performance this month. I run each benchmark more than once to make sure some results aren't a fluke and this time during the last run the 4K write on AS SSD Benchmark happened to get a higher than usual result, just a fluke, every other time it was the same as last month.

Other than that there's really nothing much to report, performance is pretty much the same as last month.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
  6. Major Melchett

Major Melchett Ancient Guru

GPU:
    R9 280X @ 1100/1500
    This month hasn't been really all that active in terms of general usage from myself (honestly, I've spend most of my time at home playing Rocket League :D), however due to using the insider preview of Windows 10 there was a number of build downloads and installs of the updated OS versions which seems to have added quite a bit of read and writes. Had no issues at all with the SSD this month (or any month so far), and everything is still reading 100% which is very nice indeed.
    -
    Month 4 Pictures.

7. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    Will be posting an update tomorrow, good to see things are still going strong for everyone.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  8. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Ti GamingX
    My monthly report.

I've been running Windows 10 Insider build 10240 for a little while now and there seems to be some improvements on the SSD speeds. Most notably on CDM403 compared to past months on Win8.1

OCZ SSD Guru
    [​IMG]

CDM 3.0.4
    [​IMG]

CDM 4.0.3
    [​IMG]

AS SSD
    [​IMG]

Wierd issue on AS SSD on Win10. It kept jumping between 200MB - 700MB on 4K-64Thrd all through the test on that phase. Don't remember it doing that on Win8.1

Overall, quite happy with the performance :)

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Will post my updates tomorrow at some point, using W10 for the first time.

EDIT: Here it is.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2015
  10. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    SSD Guru

[​IMG]

AS SSD

[​IMG]

CrystalDisk

[​IMG]

11. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    The SSD is still running Windows 8.1 + some games, no partitions, everything smooth. After I got some Watchdog BSODs I updated firmware and the SSD runs a LOT faster since then, especially boot, cold or restart.

[​IMG]

12. thatguy91

thatguy91 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX 480 RS 4 GB
    Solfaur, what AHCI driver version are you using? Your results seem a bit low compared to the others.

As soon as I wrote that I thought to check the versions in the screenshots, it seems CDM 4.03 is much faster than 3.04, as highlighted by Steppzor's post. However, the result still seems a little on the low side.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080Ti Ga.X
    I don't know, maybe it's because it's OS drive, if I made a partition just for games I'm 99% sure it would be faster. AHCI is iastora, which I think is the intel chipset one.

14. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    se

Sailing with R@ssian m@fia all over the Mediterenian. Think 20 hours shifts combined with dining in the finest sea resorts.So close to home right now, and Icant even make a quick visit. Miss yall! PS im200% my OCZ Vertex 460A is strong as ever

15. Noisiv

Noisiv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Update month #4
    Everything working beautifully after being powered off for 40 days.

OCZ SSD Guru
    [​IMG]

CMD

[​IMG]

AS SSD
    [​IMG]

IOMETER results page does not work ATM.

16. IcE

IcE Don Snow Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
    Still working fine here, no loss in speed. Did a few secure erases in linux, so have no fear if you need (or want) to do one.

17. iancook221188

iancook221188 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 SLI / GTX 460 SLI
    next update no major change all good

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Elder III

Elder III Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Both Red and Green
    Here are my Screenies for August. The only significant change is I changed my antivirus (from Avast to Avira) since last month. I will be switching to Windows 10 in a couple of days so it will be interesting to see if that changes anything numbers wise.

OCZ SMART:
    [​IMG]

CDM OS Partition:
    [​IMG]

CDM Non OS Partition:
    [​IMG]

AS SSD OS Partition:
    [​IMG]

AS SSD Non OS Partition:
    [​IMG]

19. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti @ 2GHz
    Update for month 5, August.

This time around I've upgraded to Windows 10 (64), so the results are a bit different. The only problem was disabling the endless data collection built into Win 10. Nothing is free and Windows is no exception.

SSD Guru:
    [​IMG]
    Benchmarks:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    4K write on AS SSD Benchmark's last run last month happened to be an anomaly and higher than normal, in this bench it's back to normal, but its 4K 64 write speed is consistently higher than it was on Win 7. The access time for reads dropped as well, while the access time for writes is roughly the same. For CrystalDisk Mark the only result that's really different is the 4K write which is lower than it was on Win 7.

As usual each benchmark was run multiple times for consistency. It's more difficult to compare this set of benchmarks than previous ones since it's not as linear as previously (just more space being filled) due to the fresh install. Much less space is taken.

Other than that, as expected, due to a fresh install being done I have a very large amount of data written in 1 month, 769GB. 608GB read.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2015
  20. Darkest

Darkest Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HD7950
    I'll be posting my update tomorrow guys, will update this post when I've ran the tests.

Update:

[​IMG]

AS SSD:

[​IMG]

CrystalDisk:

[​IMG]

Everything is still running well, it feels just as quick as when I first installed it.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2015