[Guru3d Exclusive!]Found Official Threadripper 2990WX CB R15 Bench score on AMD's France webpage:

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by HWgeek, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Astyanax

Astyanax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080ti
    Repeat with me

SPECULATIVE EXECUTION.

schmidtbag and HWgeek like this.
  2. rl66

rl66 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX 580X SE
    If you are in the right country yes, sadly AMD CPU and GPU are very hard to get in some EU zone, as France and Germany are the main AMD's Target... While Intel's CPU are always aviable everywhere.
    This is the Achile's weak point from AMD.

3. Evildead666

Evildead666 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Vega64/EKWB/Noctua
    Awww, come on.
    let the chip decide what religion it wants to follow :)

airbud7, moo100times and schmidtbag like this.
  4. Silva

Silva Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX560 4G
    5099/32=159.34
    3335/18=185.28
    Intel wins by 16.3% in IPC (that's what many are always looking at anyway)
    Most importantly, AMD probably wins in everything else (price/performance being the most important)
    This will be a beast workstation CPU!

5. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    It has nothing to do with IPC - it's about clock speed. You cannot expect a 32-core CPU to run at the same clock speed as a 18-core CPU.

Silva likes this.
  6. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    Its hard maintain low TDP with much cores, maybe has 16% lower clocks on "all core turbo" and stock

greetings

7. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    Intel does´nt has 16% more IPC than RYZEN, maybe 3% but the 2990WX does´nt have same clocks than i9 7980XE

Silva likes this.
  8. asturur

asturur Master Guru

GPU:
    Geforce Gtx 1080TI
    I have no idea if in 3 pages it has been said, but this is wrong.

Is either 47% saving in cores cores for circa 35% loss performance

OR

is 77% more cores for 52% performance gain

You can't go back and forth either intel is the baseline or AMD is.

Intel per core performance looks better in this single benchmark. There is nothing wrong with it and there is no need to flip the story.

9. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    I find this pissing contest everyone here has to be hilarious, on both sides. Other than maybe D3M1G0D or nizzen, none of you are going to be buying this CPU, and yet you're all fighting over it as though you already own it or have a workflow that could actually take advantage of it. It's basically just a higher clocked but otherwise crippled Epyc 7551P.

Why is it so important to any of you how well this CPU performs? It exists for 3 reasons:
    1. Because it can
    2. For people who are too cheap to get a 7551P
    3. To give Intel the finger (which is also why the 7890XE was made)
    For the vast majority of individuals, it's a dumb product that doesn't belong in the consumer market, yet all of you keep drooling over "moar corez" as though it'll affect your gaming experience in the near future. CPUs like this are not going to drive consumer-level software to be more multi-threaded.

EDIT:
    And for anyone who is comparing this to a 7890XE... seriously, get your priorities straight. You don't buy a 64 threaded CPU for the sake of single-threaded performance...

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
    airbud7 likes this.
  10. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    TDP does´nt says much, even AMD and Intel calculates it differently but AMD RYZEN is more efficent than lastest Intel, if you compare same core count with same clock speed

greetings

11. Amx85

Amx85 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI R7-260X2GD5/OC
    Memory controller is´nt on chipset anymore, its on CPU, then, even if AMD launches new chipsets, memory controller gona be the same

greetings

12. Venix

Venix Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit 1060 6gb
    dude ...come on ... sure there are funboys around but darn you sure get a medal on the amd side ... what kind of wording is that ?
    "Intel fans refuse to except when they are defeated" come on ...really ? i mean is not a war now is it ?
    "even after being smashed in the face they refuse to flinch." and again ... the wording .. is benchmarks and performance metrics ...
    "talk about being devoted to a brand its honestly extremely retarded." again retarded sure it is not nice but even if you want to make your point heard calling people retarded ... will not do that if anything will just ignite things more !

and if you are wondering no i am not an intel fan boy ... and neither amd ... although you can feel free to look at all my past post ... you will see that i am fond of amd but in general i try to stay as objective as possible .

13. Geoio

Geoio New Member

GPU:
    GTX 1060
    Intel
    3335 / 18 cores = 185.28 per core

AMD
    5099 / 32 cores = 159.34 per core

14% for intel

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  14. schmidtbag

schmidtbag Ancient Guru

GPU:
    HIS R9 290
    Intel's all-core turbo is 3.4GHz (max boost is 4.4). We don't know what AMD's is, but their base clock is 3.0 and max XFR is 4.2. If AMD's XFR performance scales similarly to Intel's, that means the all-core clock would likely be around 3.2Ghz. That's around 6% slower. Intel's IPC is known to be somewhere around 5-10% better. So, the performance lies right around where it should.

15. warlord

warlord Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Null
    Well do not forget it is a classic marketing trick. The battle will be between the 28core intel and this 32core amd. Now beating the old cpu with their new it isn't really something to brag about. Yes, TR is cheaper and has more cores for specific apps. I agree AMD wins overall.

16. CaptainKryk

CaptainKryk New Member

GPU:
    GTX1060
    7980XE vs 7900X. 80% more cores and only 3317/2180=52% more score.
    [​IMG]

17. airbud7

airbud7 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    pny gtx 1060 xlr8
    9900k is a fast sports car...

2990wx is a four wheel drive tow truck...

Nuff said...

18. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Guru3d GTX 980 G1
    Good job AMD, you'll at least make Intel look up from there heads being so far up their own arses that you'll force them into some form of action. Intel are leaking desktop users faster than ever. While you was busy making the best 4 cores possible you were blind sided and now many, many cores is the way to go.

AMD basically brought Xeon level procs to the desktop table and Intel are gonna be mad because have you seen what they charge for a top Xeon lol.

19. CaptainKryk

CaptainKryk New Member

GPU:
    GTX1060
    Again, you can look at the picture above. 1950X (old zen) vs 7960X, both 16 cores. 3139/3028=3.6% for Intel. 1700$/1000$= 70% difference :).

20. D3M1G0D

D3M1G0D Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2 x GeForce 1080 Ti
    I'd imagine Intel would be fuming at this point, being forced to release a top Xeon chip to consumers to try to counter AMD. They were reluctant enough with the Core i9, deliberately crippling parts of the platform in order to not cannibalize Xeon sales (e.g., using paste for TIM, no ECC RAM support, VROC key for RAID support). I'm wondering how they will cripple this new 28-core chip?

I would say the 9900K is a sports car while the 2990WX is a tank. ;)

airbud7 likes this.