Guru3D 7950 GX2 review looks like commercial and not like review.

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by ROMA_TUROK, Jun 5, 2006.

1. //Josh

//Josh Member Guru

Just go look at reviews for ATI's cards, there's plenty of them, and look under the same game, then just go look back at the 7950 GX2 review?

2. Jason9875

Jason9875 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT
    Couldn't you just use the results from previous reviews?

You could always include a little disclaimer saying that the results were from older drivers and the actual performance may be faster.

At least that way we would have an idea as to its performance compared to ATi cards.

I know what you mean, include the seemingly endless amounts of models between ATi/nVidia in that price range and it becomes almost impossible to make a decision.

3. Kain

Kain Ancient Guru

Hilbert.
    I dont know if its my Explorer but I cant see the X3:reunion benchmarks graphics.... Is it me or is there a problem?

Thanks for your great review.
    Keep going.

Kain

4. Krizby

Krizby Master Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia Gtx 1080ti
    Would you read a hardware review that states: "this card may be a little bit faster than the other card" ? I wouldn't, same to anyone who is looking for accurate numbers.

If you are interested in knowing how GX2 perform compare to X1900xtx, there many other review sites that do, look around. You don't really depend on one review site to decide your purchases, do you ?

Anyways, from the look of it, GX2 pounds X1900XTX, that is to be expected since GX2 perform better than 7900GT SLI and very close to 7900GTX SLI.

I mean those are the only thing I want to read, sorry for bad english :D.

5. j.rhy@n

j.rhy@n Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PlayStation 3 + Samsung HDTV

What a bummer :frown: Other wise I could become biggest Buddies with Herbie :) m8

Got any spare cards ? My Sis is looking for a man like you :dave:

6. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    No need to carry on gee's, come on. I wasn't having a go at anyone so why are you having a go at me? (Phrozin) I was mearly stating an opinion of how i see reviews and how and why they're written. If you don't like it, Tuff. What the hell is a nitpicker anyway?.

MikeMK i'm aware they don't keep all hardware, but you can't tell me they do it totally for free all the time. They have to be getting something out of it along the line.

And anyway for those who didn't get what i said the first time, i was telling him to not get mad at Hilbert and carry on saying the review stinks. I said if he doesn't like it, go find another review that may better suite his needs. I happen to like a lot of reviews done here myself, so gee's some people need to get off their high horse or quit looking for browny points one or the two..

Last edited: Jun 7, 2006
  7. Jason9875

Jason9875 Master Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 8800GT
    No, but the numbers could have still been included for a "rough" idea (Drivers don't improve performance that much, it would mainly needed to be kept in mind if the cards showed equal performance)

Heck they could have been included in a seperate graph next to it.

No, but I prefer the guru3d's articles to that of other sites.

8. phrozin

phrozin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gskill ripjaw 2133
    Ditto dude, opinions are like assoles every one has one, instead of stating option stat the facts :bolt:
    get your self a Dictionary :rolleyes:

Guru3D I would imagine is well compensated for writing the reviews they do, be it money or some other form of payment(Free Hardware maybe). So your bound to see what appears to be a bias review from time to time. Most places that give reviews do the same thing no matter what there selling/marketing. Don't forget people this site is a marketing tool more or less.

9. Opty

Opty Master Guru

GPU:
    ATI Gecube x1900xtx
    I'm not even going to bother further entertaining your pointless quest to flame me.

Pathetic, Get a life.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  10. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    While I partially agree with you, I don't know if this website is fully for marketing... I think it is the owner's hobby and he needs the ads for the money to keep it up. To my knowledge the hardware reviews are biased, yes, but it's impossible to find a review that's completely unbiased; you are asking for too much. Most likely, they send him the engineering test samples and he keeps them to repay for the review. I dont think that it's that bad. If you don't like the way the reviews are done, don't bother looking at them, but I think they are good reviews and are pretty good at keeping bias out of the way. He does mention that the GX2 cannot run in dual SLI yet and that it's not much better than 7900gtx. So stop having this view that everything about this website is marketing.

My ultra biased view,
    -Satan

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    This is a BS discussion guys, almost any important review sample is returned (usually after thee days!) and we most definitely do not have a BIAS or are a marketing tool for any party.

Guru3D.com is a hobby, we write about hardware as this is our passion. If a product sucks .. we'll tell it also. We look at heat, noise levels, power consumption compare where needed and if a product is too noisy or hot or performing bad .. we say it like it is.

We invest a lot of resources and time into our articles so that you guys can buy the hardware based on an objective review.

If you think we are a marketing tool or have a BIAS towards manufacturers .. think again and please don't visit this site as this is 100% not what Guru3D.com is about, there is just no validity for such a rude statement. If this site had a BIAS .. then no way we could serve both ATI and NVIDIA reviews for example.

Anyway this is the last I will write in this thread as quite frankly .. it's rather insulting what I see here.

12. twtaylor

twtaylor Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon R9 370 4gb DDR 5
    I have to side with Hilbert on this one. If you think that Guru3D's reviews are biased, your arse is sucking wind. C'mon guys, think about it. If you were writing biased reviews, your site wouldn't last long. I have every confidence that if Hilbert likes a product, its for a good reason hence the 20+ page reviews he writes. If you actually took the time to read one of his reviews you would notice that. Hilbert a corporate schill? Talk sense.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2006
  13. Satan

Satan Ancient Guru

GPU:
    some
    Ok, I was unsure about the engineering samples, but I do take your side Hilbert as you can see in that post. I don't want anybody thinking that this is a flame ware so my opinion posts will end in this thread here.
    -Satan