Guru3d 480/470 review is up

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by compgeek89, Mar 27, 2010.

1. mitzi76

mitzi76 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 970 (Gaming)
    i wonder if you did a fresh os install/format or use driver sweeper?

i came from a 275/285 and ok i dont have physx but never once thought about sending it back. each to his own though :)

2. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Yah, so? He's still saying it runs hot and did you even read what I quoted?

I'll quote it again for the cheap seats

That's not a glowing endorsement in my book.

But whatever - enjoy your conspiracy theory where Nvidia 'strongarmed' HardOCP to write a more positive review if it makes you feel better :rolleyes:

Last edited: Apr 2, 2010
  3. fr33k

fr33k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 VENTUS OC
    I trust guru's view. Who tests a card in a damn oven of an office.
    If the office ambient temp was almost 80F then of course the cards are gonna go up a good 10c in all cases. Turn on some AC or set up a fan to get your room ambient temp down ffs.

4. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    I trust HH's review as well - but the fact remains that not everyone's office is that cold (or hot). My guess is that there will be a lot of RMAs as far as the 480 is concerned.

5. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Hmmm my amb temp is 21.4 atm though its sometimes hit 25ish in the summer :S

hmmm still i may grab a GTX470 or even GTS450.

6. MaxBlade

MaxBlade Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti/970/390/+ more
    Well if you try and read all reviews.. its like idle 45-55 and load is 80-100. And most will say.. thats not that bad.. no its not but. How many of you OVERCLOCK? The 480 to me is just not worth the price for what we will be getting. The 470 looks about right. I like this..

"it’s hotter, it’s noisier, and it’s more power hungry, all for 10-15% more performance. If you need the fastest thing you can get then the choice is clear, otherwise you’ll have some thinking to decide what you want and what you’re willing to live with in return."