guru names and meanings

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by spamkebab, Jan 2, 2011.

1. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    eclap - Eric Clapton :)

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    vidra also means otter in slovakian lol

3. Dustpuppy

Dustpuppy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    integrated - fffffffuuuuu
  4. FaM

FaM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 2GB GTX 560
    I was 12. Year was 1992..opened comic book issue #1 of spawn...in the back there's an advert for some comic and its got a triceratops holding a machine gun and it says "I got your family values right here"....so I have the original familyvalues hotmail account and have had it forever...familyvalues got cut short to fam so Ive used that...people I know in person from the internet still call me fam...its odd..but they think its cooler than jon so im fine with it.

5. malky

malky Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 2080
    Short for Malcolm :)

6. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    In Slovenian too :D

7. scoutingwraith

scoutingwraith Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tuf 3070Ti / P1000
    And in Bulgarian as well. :)

Mine is easy to figure out if anyone has played StarCraft. I combined the two names of the Protoss "Scout" with the Terran "Wraith" and this is the end result. Before this nick i used my intials "DTC" and that was it but the one i have now has been stuck for ages so i wouldnt bother changing it at all.

8. [ R ]

[ R ] Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 9800GTX+ Quad Pipe
    was chosen for a TF2 clan when it was new and had to think of a nick name in 5 mins for registeration =P so i chose [ R ] my real name is Rizwan, the brackets are there for adding awesomeness

9. GeoD

GeoD Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070
    for the forum here i use GeoD, my name is George and D is my last initial. my friends used to call be Geo or GeoD in high school, kinda stuck i guess.

but everywhere else (mostly games) i am some form of Zombie Flanders...i got back into pc gaming with CoD 1 and one night i had the simpsons on while gaming. one of my favorite halloween episodes was on where bart and lisa try to raise their cat form the dead, but instead turn everyone into zombies. homer kills the zombie flanders, then bart exclaims "dad, you killed zombie flanders!" since the kill line in CoD says "you killed XXXXX", i went for it since my name at the time was lame. i get compliments form time to time...the best is when another player types the next line: "he was a zombie!?"

cool thread

Last edited: Jan 3, 2011
  10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Screwed up my email address for my first account so I made new one. I am LOTR fan, obviously.

11. Dahzeal33

Dahzeal33 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x eVGA GTX 275 SLI
    I made up the name Dahzeal for a character in a game called Earth and Beyond. I used to use 33 back in the day when we all used pagers and 33 showed that it was me calling.

In our steam group I'm DARK_Turd. I've used that for non serious online games since The Phantom Menace came out, and at the time everyone was DARK this and DARTH that. It was originally DARTH_Tator, but I gave that one to a buddy of mine. Just a lil making fun of unoriginal people who want "cool" names.

I go as Dahzeal, Diamata and Jadugar in any halfway serious RPG. Currently playing a Troll Shaman on Project 1999, an Eq emulator. His name is Jadugar Junkpuncher :banana:

12. ST19AG_WGreymon

ST19AG_WGreymon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    eVGA 970 SC ACX 2.0
    Around the year 2001 I started playing my first online game, MechWarrior 4. At the time I really liked Digimon, I was like 12 years old or something. So my online name was WarGreymon, soon after I joined a MechWarrior 4 clan called the "Steiner 19th Arcturan Guards," and so my name became ST19AG_WGreymon. I decided to never change my name since everyone online knew me by that and it'd be cool to have people know you game after game.

13. JACK4HIRE

JACK4HIRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI Mobility Radeon 5870
    My given name is John. I am named after my fathers youngest brother whose nickname was Jack. Or...

Just
    Another
    Contract
    Killer
    HIRE

14. NAJMI ADNAN

NAJMI ADNAN Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290X TriX 4GB
    Its my name, this is my first ever forum I registered and I know nothing about nicknames back then :bonk:

15. __hollywood|meo

__hollywood|meo Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6700xt @2.7ghz
    dammit, i am an old school simpsons fanatic and i got all excited to type that, and then you did :p

thats why im always hollywood...b/c its great when people go "oh **** its that guy" :D (ps: mechwarrior? **** yeah)

16. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Old nickname from back in my wilder days...although it still holds true if NYE last week has anything to do with it. :D

17. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Ah damn that was so close....Darth_Tater would have been perfect.

18. soddit112

soddit112 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 GTX560 Ti
    "soddit112" was a handle i came up with while making my first MSN account, i couldnt think of anything so i said "oh sod it" (im very British) and it stuck :D

112 is just a random string of numbers, cos i thought putting numbers on the end was cool. as it turns out i didnt need them, there are no other soddits anywhere :)

19. Symbiosis

Symbiosis Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 690
    Mine stems back from the days when I was DJ'ing at rave parties in the early 1990's

Symbiosis - 2 tracks working together to produce an f'ing good tune LOL.

20. stealthmaker

stealthmaker Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PowerColor ATI 5770 1GB
    StealthMaker ... needed a nickname that would be kind of unique so i can reuse it, needed it to be simple, and sound cooler than it actually is. I was reading about the F-117 at the time and said ok, i'll use Stealth and add something to the end and it was Maker :)