Guru 3D Crossfire Users Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MikeMK, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Looking good Lane, I had the same feeling when I got my OCZ 700w PSU. They are pretty small and not very heavy compared to some other supplies out there but the components are very decent and so far mine has been rock solid stable on 12v, 5.5v, and 3.3v.

Using an old molex and SATA connector I made a little plug which I could connect to any free molex or SATA connector on my PSU and also connect to my DMM. That way I could just connect my DMM without having to hold it with my hands. This allows me to stress test and watch the readout in realtime. I then took this extra ATX connector thingy that came with my CM Stacker case (I think it's used to plug in optional fan) and modified it so that I could measure the 3.3v rail, again set up to be hands free so I could stress test while watching readout in realtime. They were all very stable.

2. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    fine idea you have got for mesurement;)

This PSU give me good feelings... look very stable..

For install the cable management are really well think. .. the result is better of what i have with modular... with the Asetek case, the PSU is in front of the CPU, so you can imagine there's not a lot of place.. but with this one the result is clear and clean....

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  3. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Lane, Im getting the C5 stuff not the C4. The C4 is ridiculously expensive here, and currently not available (just missed out on a set) so I went for the C5. Some C5 actually uses GKX IC's, so there is still a chance i could get the good stuff! We shall see ;)

4. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    If it's not GKX will it be GMH?

5. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Yes... they are the only two IC's they use for the 8000 C5. GMH still isnt bad... just that GKX is the muts nuts :D

6. Lane

Lane Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x HD7970 - EK Waterblock
    here (in real not in my home Switzerland.. cause find a good kit here is impossible..so in Germany, home of Cellshock..) the difference between the C5 and C4 is just 40 Euros.... ( 320 -360Euros the Kit) .. How many pay you the kit of C5? ( more of 550 -600 Euros for G-skill..CorsairC3 and Mushkin here,650-700 E for the Dominator high speed model.... look the difference..lol)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  7. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    C4 is about £295 here, and C5 is about £225 give or take a bit depending on where u go, time of day etc. So around £70 difference!

8. John

John Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Sorry to break up the party guys, but this thread is stuck for a reason. It's meant to be a thread for sovling issues and discussing Crossfire, not for general hardware chat.

I'm sorry for being such a party pooper.

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Ok, John, we'll try and steer it towards xfire in the future...

Guys, I have an idea, if u wanna talk about this stuff and have MSN PM me your details... we can pick up there ;)

Last edited: Jan 19, 2007
  10. Roger_D25

Roger_D25 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX980Ti
    Yeah I suppose John's right, lol! I'm probably most to blame for all this off-topic discussions so sorry to make you draw the line John!

11. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.