Guru 3D Crossfire Users Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MikeMK, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    hmm that is interesting, so you used multimeter to check voltage in 3D and it was 1.475V?

but why i can use only 1.35V for 640Mhz on GPU? why they use so much voltage on 3D as default? this is weird. I cant use multimeter, it blow up some months ago lol, was cheap, so no wonder :)

Last edited: May 16, 2006
  2. phrozin

phrozin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gskill ripjaw 2133
    1.475 is nothing in the big picture the 6800u ex ran 1.5 default and yes m8, I don’t rely on software when i over clock ever i like to know exactly what’s going on with every card I tweak.
    I run a xtx and it run 650 if it only ran 640 I think I would be a little upset, @ 1.55 my card runs 830mhz on the core I am not into slowing down the card I want all shes got! :)

3. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    just did little searching and found this
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/showthread.php?t=87890

X1900XTX voltages

According to my sexy multimeter

2D mode ran at 1.166
    3D mode ran at about 1.395
    so, we can say ~1.2/~1.4

so its 1.4V as 3D default voltage? :)

or some cards got more voltage then others?

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Have to say phrozin i was under the impression it was 1.4v for the VGPU on the X1900's after reading around... I came accross that XS thread too. Dont have an mm so i cant verify it though.

5. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
  6. phrozin

phrozin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gskill ripjaw 2133
    ah it could be ah not it may be ah I don’t know ;) get the right read point use a mm measure the vcore your self ;)

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
  8. phrozin

phrozin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gskill ripjaw 2133
    posted by heavy h20

Well, it is really a toss up. But, so far, I like the 7900 GTX. The X1900XTX was way too noisy. You have to watercool that sucker to make it livable. The cooler design is so much better on the NVIDIA.

And, a couple of notes. The 7900 GTX only uses 1.4V while the ATI uses 1.48 for core voltage. So, the ATI runs very hot compared to the NVIDIA. OC'ing the NVIDIA was a little easier (cake with Coolbits). ATI CCC limits OC to 690/1800, which I found annoying. There are some utilities out there to OC the ATI, but most are partly effective at best.

Now, 7006 for 3DMark06. Finally, 7K.

and i just checked my xtx and guess what 1.475 ;) now i sugest your get the read points from the thread i posted and get a mm and read the points on your card then theres no mistake hey :)

9. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    interesting mate. Wish ATI would just release this info officially though!

10. phrozin

phrozin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gskill ripjaw 2133
    they wont do that m8 the company who made the volt reg is under a nda thats why is so friging hard to vmod the thing! actully my xtx was 1.468v but allow for fluctuations, but dw (heavy h) is no fool either bit of a vid card bios guru :) me i could care less what voltage they are the more volts the more i like it also interesting the new mod points from overklok might try that when i get my master

also the 510 bios maybe a go er mike flashed it like you told me looks ok so far @ 260x12

11. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Interesting about the bios. Keep me posted. Also, it looks like you need to pull the battery & PSU cable out and put the cmos jumper accross for 10mins everytime u change yoiur mem. Put my crucial back in for some gaming, seemed ok, but after half an hour PC rebooted. Kept doing it until i did it. Since then its been fine again.

12. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    well i doubt that two got 1.4V by bad measuring, so it looks like that some X1900XT manufacturers set default 3D voltage differently. It wouldnt be anything new cause i got year ago HIS X800Pro who got higher voltage then MSI one. I will buy MM soon and will check it on both cards, just for comparison.

13. phrozin

phrozin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gskill ripjaw 2133
    spajdrik Yes true m8 my xfx o/c card mem voltage was supposed to be 1.9ish volts but in reality it was 2.18v on one and 2.05v on the other same with my leadtek 66gt core's but dude it doesn’t really mater it doesn’t change the fact you are under volting the card 1.375 ;) nuff said

Mike did play with the 510 a fair bit last night, wile I was running 12 multi best I could get stable was 262 which is a tad less than the dr @ 268 but I did haft to soften up the utt, so after many unsuccessful 3d runs I decided to drop the mem divider to 166 and multi to 11 bingo 290x11 solid as, so I am thinking there is some set up for running utt at high mhz with tight timings I did play with skew but it would not bench out at all. The 57 had no problem at all at any multi or any fsb the board simply rocked way past anything I have run on a 57 on the dr, so I think I have some late nights testing to get the dc working at its best but I think the board can beat the nf4 but it needs tweaking. Yes there is some thing goofy going on with the bios I will keep you up to speed as all ways I alos think my master should be here this week so that will be interesting indeed

I would like to see bt do a bios on the 510 though but early days yet :)

almost forgot i was reading some post from eva and he was saying the utt was getting very hot more so on the cfx and he blew air directly at the mem and was way more stable so i might give that a go as well eva is no fool so i put credence on what he's hast to say

Last edited: May 17, 2006
  14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    guys any of you tried to run when overclocked your cards in crossfire any video under winamp or BS Player? when i run it, i got horizontal lines and soon after PC restarts, guess its faulty mastercard, but i didnt see it when not overclocking, and of course fortron 700W didnt stopped shaking, it did when i set voltage to default 1.45V .. that was fine. But when go into 3D it started again.

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Well, i wouldnt have expected the PSU to stop the shaking i dont think its a PSU issue im afraid!

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    Yeah .. i didnt expect any improvements too :) but its safer to have Fortron 700W then Tagan 580W :)
    But looks like problem is with my 17" LCD Hyundai 72D+, cause i tried card on intel board with 19" LCD Hewlett Packard and it dont shake (over dongle)
    What LCD you got dudes? :)

17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Im running a Viewsonic VP201b 20.1" TFT @ native res of 1600x1200. :)

18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    Ok thats kinda pricey, im not sure what LCD to buy then, some widescreen 20" LCD cheaper would be good, but that nobody have, bad bad situation.

19. boomheadshot45

boomheadshot45 Active Member

GPU:
    soon to come, HIS X1900XT
    theres the Vx2025 for 350 $ at newegg. Its made by viewsonic and has a native resolution of 1600 x 1200

20. mamulos

mamulos New Member

GPU:
    2x HIS X1300PRO
    X1300 PRO Crossfire problem

Hi

I have 2 cards HIS X1300PRO and a mobo ASUS P5WD2-Premium (i955x), all crossfire ready, no need for cable. Thing is that after i installed the cards and in device manager is no problem in CCC is no CrossFire option! How do i enable crossfire on this?
    I tried 5.13Cat, 6.2, 6.4, Omega drivers...
    Thanks a lot.

Last edited: May 18, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.