Guru 3D Crossfire Users Guide

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon' started by MikeMK, May 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
  2. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    yes, well that would certainly make my day/week. Any ideas on release date?

3. Deeko

Deeko Member

GPU:
    X1900XT + X1900XTX CF
    The last driver was released on the 12th of last month, Im sure its Ati's policy to release a new driver each and every month at the same date. Hopefully we will see more enhancements, it would be an enormous boost for us Crossfire users if we had access to a profile utility.

4. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    It would indeed. The configurability is the only thing i miss over SLI really. Everything else is great.

5. Deeko

Deeko Member

GPU:
    X1900XT + X1900XTX CF
    Mike, what games do you play and what kind of perf do you see with them? eg built in Fear Benchmark and such. I score 12600 in 3dmark05 and 6902 in 3dmark06. I thought my 05 score was rather low but I think my Cpu may be the culprit as its only got 512kb cache, an Amd 3500 overclocked to 2.7Ghz. Im starting to think that having 1mb cache on Amd is really important for a dual card setup as it feeds geometry to two cards, any thoughts?

I know my 06 score would go to nearly 9000 with a dual core but that doesnt affect my fps in the games tests as 06 has a bloated overall score with dual core. If anyone has an Amd64 Cpu with 512kb cache and using X1900 crossfire it would be great if they could post their benchmarks scores.

6. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    at stock I get about 13,300 in 05 and 8500 in 06. My highest scores overclocked so far are 16,503 in 05 and 10,518 in 06.

As for games, been playing alot of oblivion really 1600x1200 everything max HDR on 4xAA in the most intensive parts (i.e middle of woods fighting) i get a constant 30fpsish. which is pretty nice considering 4xAA and HDR are running at that res. Obviously in less intensive areas it flies well above 30fps at those settings.

Other games, not had time to try too many - COD II everything max 4xAA 8xAF 1600x1200 adv 70fps smooth as butter, and beats my SLI rig with AA on no trouble at all. Havnt really tried much else. HL2: Lost Coast benchy @ everything max 1600x1200 HDR full 4xAA 8xAF got me 101fps lol!

Took me a week or more to trouble shoot the rig - the new DFI takes a bit of getting your head around, as does xfire, and then benching and overclocking. Seeing how far i can push it. also, Oblivion is too damn addictive. I'll give FEAR a shot later and post back :).

7. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    Mike : can you please tell me what settings you have in your BIOS under PCIE settings? i have same mobo, same mastercard, but whenever i run something with default voltage 1.4V with mastercard, screen is moving from left to right, if i underclock its ok, but then i cant overclock mastercard at all :-( All needed services are stopped, tried it with different PSU, no go. Its just moving only thru dongle, if i put DVI cable in DVI port on mastercard its ok. Previously i got Asus CF and it did same stuff, maybe there is some new revision of your HIS card? though i dont know how to find it on gfx card, by some number?

8. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    I take it you are using ATI tool if you are upping voltages? If thats the case then can I ask, is it working ok WITHOUT ati tool installed, and with Xfire installed just in CCC? Or do u get the same problem?

9. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    Just uninstalled ati tool, restarted windows, its still shaking in fullscreen.

10. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    What drivers are u using? I know this is a hassle, but try uninstalling your current ones, reinstalling the 6.3's with the CCC and then reenable xfire without ATI tool, and see what happens.
    Also, i take it this only happens in xfire mode, and not in single card mode?

11. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    it happens in single card mode too, over dongle, not over DVI on mastercard though, if i decrease voltage for mastercard to 1.375V shaking gone, just as it was with Asus CF card, weird. I will try uninstall and reinstall. Without ati tool.

12. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    make sure u use driver cleaner too! :)

Also, i take it your monitor supports DVI? Or are u using a DVI-->VGA converter dongle?

Last edited: May 11, 2006
  13. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    LCD have both DVI and VGA .. i use DVI .. i can try DVI to VGA, not much left to do :-(

14. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    OMG it helped ... no more shakiness .. im running over DVI to VGA port in LCD and its fine, i love you Mike :D
    (i also reinstalled drivers without uninstalling them first)

15. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    No probs. That means there is an issue with the signal from the card to your monitor. My guess is that your monitor in DVI isnt being detected right when using the xfire cable and so the signal is at the wrong frequency or something. I had a similar problem on my XTX single card, but it wouldnt display a pic at all in windows!
    I know some driver options us can try to sort it, but cant remember them off the top of my head. When i get home i'll take a look and post back. Hopefully we can get it workin on DVI too. :)

16. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    alternate DVI mode, or something like that you mean? well i tried that, but when i checked it, it automatically unchecks it, i didnt find anything else about LCD what can be disabled enabled.

17. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    yup thats the one. There were a couple of others though too. Also, what drivers are u using for your monitor?

18. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    windows based, so just monitor plug and play as someone suggested would be better to use :)

19. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLI
    Yes, usually I would agree with that, but seeing as u are having probs it might be worth trying manufacturers drivers, and see what happens. A long shot, but u never no!

20. SpajdrEX

SpajdrEX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -----
    i already tried manufacturers before i change it to plug and play monitor, no difference, over DVI its shaking madly, only thru VGA adapter its ok, but with rolling background. Would be more visible on real CRT i guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.