1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guitar Hero 3 Legends Of Rock on XP x64

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Nagasaki, Jan 26, 2009.

1. Nagasaki

Nagasaki Banned

GPU:
    POV 9600GT 512MB DDR3
    Im using x64 xp pro and i got my self GH3 LOF but it now seems that this game wont run on a x64 system WTF?

Anyway to get this working or have i just wasted £50!!!!!!!!!!

NOT HAPPY right now

2. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    That's correct:
    Source: http://www.aspyr.com/product/game_specs/85

:frown:

3. Moronity

Moronity New Member

GPU:
    2GB
    Incorrect.

There is a way of modifying the .msi to install on windows 64bit, I hope you have not sent the game back.

http://www.brentnorris.net/blog/archives/319 <-- This link will help, you need to modify the system requirements string using "orca" then it will install fine for you, I'd advise using the same method to get the latest patches and I would also apply a no-cd patch.

Another way of doing it, is to use virtual pc to run a 32bit environment, install the game and all patches, extract the registry entries, merge them with XP 64bit and copy the folder from the virtualpc 32bit to your XP, i'd suggest the first method.

Enjoy.

4. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    LOL

That link was from the game developer. ;)

I'm not saying though that you can't make it work on a 64-Bit OS. Don't expect it to run without any problems, though. Otherwise I'm sure that Aspyr would have released a 64-Bit executable as well...

p.s.: Welcome to Guru3D, Moronity. :)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2009

5. Moronity

Moronity New Member

GPU:
    2GB
    Sorry.

I forgot to mention I run XP 64, it runs fine, it just is a pain in the ass to install having to modify each .msi to allow it to run on XP 64.

The link is helpful as a few of the comments refer to Guitar Hero III and making it work on XP 64.

It's very easily attainable by googling orca.

6. Cybermancer

Cybermancer Don Quixote

GPU:
    BFG GTX260OC (192 SP)
    Interesting. The question is just why Aspyr hasn't made it 64-Bit OS compatible then, if it's working just fine?

7. Moronity

Moronity New Member

GPU:
    2GB
    It could be that game developers arn't all that clever (i.e. crytek developing a game that has a 8 hour career built for future hardware of which by that time the game would be in the 5$ bargain bin :p)

Possibly they believed as the XP 64 is based on Server 2003 where as Vista 64 is based on Server 2008 it would be naturally incompatible? I don't know, perhaps they thought that the development costs ensuring it worked fully on XP 64 outweighed its benefits as it probably has a niche user base?

Your guess is probably better than mine, I only know it works because at the time I had GH3 I only had a 64 bit of XP and was forced to make it work.

8. Gdn | TD

Gdn | TD New Member

GPU:
    nVidia GeForce 7300
    Thanks a lot guys.. Didn't know about this Orca editor. You are life savers.. :p