[Guide] Vista 64 bit and Rivatuner

Discussion in 'Rivatuner Statistics Server (RTSS) Forum' started by reb3lzrr, Nov 17, 2008.

1. reb3lzrr

reb3lzrr New Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GT
    Hi all,

Welcome to this little guide that will hopefully help you to get your Rivatuner working on Vista x64. I saw some people having trouble due to the driver signature system on Vista systems. This is what I've done to get Rivatuner to work.

Worked with:
    - Vista x64
    - RivaTuner 2.11
    - 8800GT

a) First off download and install rivatuner.
    b) Open Command Promt ( CMD ), and type in the following: bcdedit /set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS Don't reboot yet.
    c) Reinstall RivaTuner, it comes up with the error about the Driver Signature. Press [Yes] to Disable the driver Signature.
    d) Reboot
    e) Your RivaTuner should work as it should:

[​IMG]

Hope this will help out some people.

Gz reb3lzrr

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

??? What's the sense in this tutorial if RT bundles with an update containing signed 64-bit driver?

3. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    I have no idea. :confused:

4. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    It's working fine already and this will not work if you have SP1 (or KB932596) installed. I have no clue what the hell this is.

5. reb3lzrr

reb3lzrr New Member

GPU:
    Sparkle 8800GT
    well I had some problems getting RT to work. The option that came with RT just didn't cut it for me... ;( this worked tho...

6. Fr4ggle

Fr4ggle Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GT
    Does not work

Sorry, but that does not work either. It's german but screenshots speak for themselves: http://www.computerbase.de/forum/showthread.php?p=5104671#post5104671

The only way to work from my experience is still to be found here: http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=2394356&postcount=54

7. virtualex

virtualex Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870-800/4400
  8. Fr4ggle

Fr4ggle Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GT
  9. burebista

burebista Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1060GAMING X
    When RivaTuner finished to install it ask you if you want to install an upgrade. Click yes and voilĂ  signed driver. :)

10. Fr4ggle

Fr4ggle Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GT
    If it did ask that do you think I had any problem?
    Is it really possible to just install and run RivaTuner under Vista x64 with really no additional efforts?

From my experience it's not. But I am very interested to find out why. Please tell me everything that you think might be a problem.

I have a fresh Vista x64 SP1 and my account has administrative rights.

11. Unwinder

Is it so hard to follow burebista's recommendations?

12. Fr4ggle

Fr4ggle Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GT
    Yes, since there is no such question about an upgrade.

13. Unwinder

Unreal, unless you downloaded some third party RT distributive or manually moved installer file to custom folder and forgot to copy the update (*.RTU) file there. Installer automatically offers you to install all updates located in the same folder and Guru3D always distribute RT with an update containing a driver signed by techpowerup.

14. Fr4ggle

Fr4ggle Member

GPU:
    GeForce 8800GT
    OK, thanks for the quick guide. I made the mistake to copy the upgrade-file to the installing-destination not to the original folder of the installer.

Now it did ask for the upgrade and it works fine. Thanks.
    (I believe this should be mentioned more explicitly to users on the download page of RivaTuner.)

15. Saturnplanet5

Saturnplanet5 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 3870X2 1GB
    First of all I will say I have tried installing the Signed Driver pack on installation (when it asked me to.) and also I tried just installing it after. The UAC still comes up with unknown publisher every time I try to run Rivatuner. ie at startup or whenever I start rivatuner. I'm not meaning to make trouble or am I randomly trolling. It seems for some machines at least these signed driver don't appear to work.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2008

16. Unwinder

UAC evaluation dialog is supposed to be displayed when any administrative application (and RivaTuner is dministrative application too) starts. That's by design of UAC. And signed 64-bit driver is not anyway related to it, it is completely different thing, which is not anyway related to UAC. You're completely misunderstanding the things, sorry.

17. Saturnplanet5

Saturnplanet5 New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 3870X2 1GB
    Oh ok, sorry. Thanks.