1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GUIDE: how to Enable Quick sync in the new Pentiums! FULL HW acceleration!

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by HWgeek, Apr 2, 2013.

1. HWgeek

HWgeek Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 6200 Turbo Fotce @500/600 8x1p
    Hi all,

Just got my new PC:
    Intel G2020 (Igpu HD2500 dx11)
    Gigabyte h61m-s2pv
    4GB ram

Now I have noticed that Intel Pentium CPU's doesn't support full HW encoding/decoding and Quick Sync - But after searching the web I have found out that some First HD 4000 iGPU drivers make the pentium to "support" quick sync- why "Support" ? because this not going to work on sandy G600~G800 pentiums, in the new drivers Intel has disabled all the Pentiums cpu's to show quick sync support in the encodind softwares (sony vegas/MediaEspresso)

but since the Igpu of the new G2XX0 is the same HD4000/HD2500 it can worck with the old driver.

all you need to do is to download 15.26.1.64.2618 driver and you have full HW acceleration- see my screenshot:
    [​IMG]

I have posted in the Xbitlabs review- hope they will test it in their latest pentium review

edit: new INTEL HD graphics drivers out - V15.31
    the intresting thing about this update is the OpenCl V1.2 support.
    I run LUXMARK V2.0 bench and was amazed that the iGPU score boosted by 250%! the old score 4 my HD2500 was 47- now 127! (SALA)
    total CPU _iGPU = 261!
    what do U think?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2013
  2. kyvaith

kyvaith New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia Optimus
    Hi!

Can you confirm, that thesame method will work for G1610 CPU? Is it realy working? Is it possible to use Quick Sync to decode h.264 with quick sync enabled ffdshow?

Regards.

3. Chillin

Chillin Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Good stuff. This should be made a sticky if confirmed working.

4. Juan Pablo Ayala

Juan Pablo Ayala New Member

GPU:
    Intel HD Graphics
    I just tried rendering a 1080p video with both the standard (up to date) G2020 Intel graphics driver and the HD4000 latest driver (v15.33). The first render took 5 min 17 seconds to complete. The second render of the same video with the new driver took 4 min 32 seconds to complete.