Guide and download: ClockTuner v2.1 for Ryzen (CTR)

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards AMD' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, May 13, 2021.

1. fire4evver

fire4evver New Member

GPU:
    Nvidia 3070
    Whichone is this particular improvement?
    "support for unique dual CCD 5600X and 5800X processors"

I have one of those CPUs (5600x) .

I would like to know if I can get an extra performance?

Regards

2. angelrex

angelrex New Member

GPU:
    Leadtek 6600GT AGP @ 560/1100
    Afternoon all, I set up CTR 2.1 last night, read the instructions, watched the video etc etc and got a great result on my 3600 - Platinum good for 4600mhz @ 1.3 P2 - 4450Mhz @ 1.25 P1 & PX was 48/47/46.

I set to load with OS & Hybrid OC, then activated all the profiles. Works a charm until I reboot windows, then it won't re-activate the profiles until I deactivate and re-enable the.

Did I miss something?

Thanks in advance :)

3. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    Run as administrator , disable or make expection for antivirus , also anti cheat software.

4. flaviowolff

flaviowolff Member

GPU:
    XFX 7600GT 256MB
    If I manually change the P1 and P2 profiles, how do I recalculate the PX profile? Ryzen 3600. Calculate button is blocked.

5. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    you can do whole tunning process again . then make screen shot of your settings and you are free to change anything

XenthorX likes this.
  6. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    Hey @kapu any idea why cpu-z single thread benchmark runs on cores which aren't using the PX profile?

7. kapu

kapu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Radeon 6800
    . i lowered PX profile to 4750/ 1.350 as it caused crashes during idle states under desktop.

Sometimes it works fine sometimes it does't . Single core doesn't matter much anyway ....

XenthorX likes this.
  8. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    well when i set cpu-s affinity in the middle of the benchmark to the appropriate cores it seems to deliver the single threaded performance expected, might just leave it as it is

9. XenthorX

XenthorX Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3090 Gaming X Trio
    I have two suggestions for future releases :
    1. allow to manually change which cores are affected by which profiles ( i would like to add one core to PX profile High)
    2. A lengthy tuning mode which guarantee profile stability (right now i'm crashing 100% of the time with intial profile values)

10. HARDRESET

HARDRESET Master Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti / 290X CFX
    Asus Dark Hero -DOCS works better for me with my 5950X .

11. pdegan2814

pdegan2814 Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon R9-290X
    Maybe I'm just missing something, but I'm a bit confused. One of my systems is running a 3950X, how do I calculate the PX Low/Mid/High settings for it? The results from the Diagnostics give the recommended settings to use when Tuning for the P1 and P2 profiles, but it says nothing about PX? I know on my 5600X box it calculates the PX settings automatically, how do I do it for a 3xxx series?

12. GeniusPr0

GeniusPr0 Maha Guru

GPU:
    RX 6800 XT Black Ed
    My 5950X @ 4600/4500Mhz got 11766 in C20 @ 1.275v load line lvl 3 if anyone wants a reference

13. xNako

xNako New Member

GPU:
    RTX 2060
    Profiles not loading correctly in CTR 2.1, but CTR notify with sucessful loading. I have to disable and enable the profiles for getting the correct values.

Ryzen 5 3600.

14. BlackNova92

BlackNova92 Member Guru

GPU:
    16gb
    now for some weird reason, the program refuses to start up and it basically removes my created profiles??? why the f am i sitting here day after day for several hours to figure out what values to use when it just gets removed as soon as i restart?
    it was literally working fine 2 days ago!
    i removed the config but same result, anything else i can try?

15. Yankess

Yankess New Member

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Red Devil
    I launched the program, I did as in the guide step by step all good, it said I have a silver sample. So I click "Clear Config & Close" hit diagnostic again and now I have crash at the second stress test(restart pc) and I turn on the program again and says I have now a bronze sample! I test again diagnostic and crash!

16. Yankess

Yankess New Member

GPU:
    RX 6700XT Red Devil
    Ok, I install new bios 3.50, and all pass and he go back to the silver sample.