1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Guess what we will be releasing today ?

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by (.)(.), Dec 22, 2014.

1. crisrodrigues

crisrodrigues Member

GPU:
    3x GTX 980 SLI
    Since when I updated my R9 295x2 BIOS to an uefi gop one, I lost the ability to monitor / change the voltage and to set the target temperature of the card using the msi afterburner. It works only when I change back to the default bios of the card (but I lose the fastboot / full uefi support). Is there anything I can do to enable these features back, or is it something that needs to be updated in the program?

2. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

There is no support for voltage control with GOP BIOS. Cannot promise that it will be supported one day.

3. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 + Morpheus 2
    Holy ****, it just got uglier! what an ugly piece of software!

Remember RivaTuner? Now that was sleek and simple, but worked perfectly. Now we get these ****ty skins that are just out of place. Same goes for those UEFI BIOS skins... man they SUCK.

Why not go with a professional approach instead of this custom UI blown up bull****. **** THAT! :bang:

4. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    Thanks for your continued hard work Unwinder!

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Moderator Staff Member

Nobody prevents you from using "professional approach" and designing your own minimalistic, sleek and simple skin. Skin format is flexible and totally open for third parties so you can easily create your own ideal GUI and share it with others.
    And yes, imagine that, I do remember RivaTuner. Probably because I created it myself.

6. Ch0plol

Ch0plol Member Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 770 4GB
    It's almost like there's a way to change skins to a look you like...

7. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Mate, if you dislike the new design then feel free to select the old one, or one of the many other new skins from the preferences menu. Sharing your opinion is totally fine, but do you really need to be a complete and utter twat while sharing your opinion?

Just a little respect, that's all we ask from our forum members.

8. Orthello

Orthello Active Member

GPU:
    980 tri sli @ 1740/7900
    That's a bit harsh Ohr, just reskin it , when new skins come available. I quite like the new look so its all subjective. I appreciate the new features and improvements under the hood and it can be reskinned so whats the big deal ?

9. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080 Classified
    Kind of busy looking.
    It reminds me of a radio control transmitter.
    There's a lot of things showing that are just for the sake of embellishment.
    I'll try it for a while but will probably go back to the original skin.
    Just consider me an old fogy.
    I also drive a solid white Chevy van with one small, discreetly placed decal on it that reads, "Crane Cams." Get the picture?
    It's what's hidden under the hood that counts.

10. Killerinstinct

Killerinstinct Active Member

GPU:
    GTX 680M/4048MB
    does anyone have an issue with far cry 4 crashing because of these, if not then im just gonna assume that its windows 10 :\

11. Öhr

Öhr Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega56 + Morpheus 2
    what happened? now it looks more like asus xonar... its so cluttered with information difficult to read, as you have no clue what youre looking at exactly... I know its skinable, however, as im not a diehard OCer, im not really into investing a lot of time in the style of an application. I didn't like the previous skin either, but this one is just on a whole other level... more like an ugly cluttered cars dashboard and not a professional overclocking tool.

I like the simplistic approach. rows and columns neatly stacked. which is why I use foobar2000 and not winamp/itunes/etc or thunderbird and not outlook.

P.S. sorry for my harsh words. not all of it is directed at you and your software. hell, im grateful for rivatuner, which i used by in i dunno when for years. plus i had a ****ty day

12. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    i like the skin cant wait

13. DiEgO

DiEgO Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX570 Twin Frozr II
    I really like it, one small suggestion, make the graphs solid I think that way are better to read than just the naked lines.

I made a mock-up:

[​IMG]

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    you should have probes on them if you don't.
    plus I noted in my findings though out the years that Ab is only accurate between certain cold ranges
    with riva tuner and the cards of those days it was all over since the readings were not centralized on pbc as the are now and generally its "easier" for the software to be more accurate.

Anyways sorry late for the thank you uniwinder was mucking around with it for a few hours :)

15. tsunami231

tsunami231 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1070Ti Black
    nvm i fiqured it out

Essential for gaming monitor just keep getting better

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014

16. Drerex

Drerex Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 ti
    Each time I create a skin, I try to keep everyone's opinion in mind. Since there are a huge amount of people that use Afterburner, Precision X, etc., satisfying everyone's need is pretty much impossible. In this case, you have several people that loves it, several people that is happy with it, several that are okay with it, and several that absolutely hate it.

Instead of completely bashing the hard work that went into something, a simple suggestion would be the right card to play. Being nice and respectful, I would have been more than happy to create a couple more skins for the community with the suggestions and request provided. If you would have PMed me I would of made one for you. I am actually more of a sleek and simple type of person so a plan of making that style of skin was in the works anyways.

As unwinder said, the skinning is completely open source and you can create a skin just like you want it. If you are able to do that. Take a chill pill and the next time you think about bashing someone, think about offering a suggestion before slamming someone. You would be surprise how far a little bit of kindness will get you.

As for the negative temps on the skin, if unwinder is up for an update on that, I would be more than happy to add the negative readings to the skin. Thanks guys for the input.

17. Yakk

Yakk Member Guru

GPU:
    Graphics card
    D/L it and working great, I like!

One comment, and I'm probably in the minority here; I use a Logitech G19 and I really like realtime Graphing on the LCD option, but the text version on the LCD was changed to black text on a white background, it's pretty darn bright in a low light room! Also lost the display on the G13 at the same time, it's just blank.

18. waltc3

waltc3 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD 50th Ann 5700XT
    I have an HIS HD7850 2GB running under a UEFI-Win8.1 installation (secure-boot ON) in an MSI g46-970a motherboard (that supports either UEFI Legacy or pure UEFI--am running under UEFI presently), and the MSI Control Center software identifies my AMD video Bios as GOP DFP1_DP. I don't know whether this is a hybrid EFI/bios or pure EFI; but it's got to be one or the other, according to the way my EFI motherboard sees it. I have no trouble changing voltage on the card w/AB. (But...remember to turn that feature ON inside AB once it's installed as it is turned OFF by default.) Hope this helps...;)

I've actually not had any trouble changing voltage with this card with every such utility I've tried--although I personally change it very little...like 2 mV, or so...;)

Last edited: Dec 25, 2014
  19. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Try offering a suggestion or mock one up yourself, rather than verbal abuse.

20. buhzy

buhzy Member

GPU:
    Sapphire Nitro R9 380 4GB
    rivatuner is not working

some system components cannot be hooked right now