Guard3D.com steals and plagiarizes content from Guru3D.com

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. javad2015

javad2015 New Member

GPU:
    apacer 2*4
    so yeah ..as I expected this is called stealing because you think this will lead to decrease guru 3d income.or maybe one better thing less Competitor means more money.....in this case no body can quit his Competitor from working.

2. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    The site committed copyright infringement. The site stole information that they had no rights to from Guru3d. So yes it is stealing and taking money away from Guru3d by using content they created is stealing plain and simple. I don't know why you fail to realize this.

3. pimp_gimp

pimp_gimp Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Super SLI
    Wrong it is stealing because they copied articles and data from Guru3d without Hilbert's consent. They also stole data from Anandtech. It has nothing to with competition. It has to do with copyrights. Guru3d and Anandtech own the copyrights to the information that was presented on that site. None of the information presented was original, it was plagiarized.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  4. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    So lets say this site owners next business idea is to make a comic book full of Marvel characters and call it Maervel but he uses all the original artwork from the original comics. Is that OK? What do you think Marvel would have to say about that?

5. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970-Quad Sli
    Like the old saying goes and still applies today, big time:

You can't trust no one, PERIOD!

6. unclesina

unclesina New Member

GPU:
    1 GB HD 7730 @ 955/5860
    Dear Hilbert and Guru3D members.Im from iran and i visit and read your great reviews and articles for years every single day.I wanna from all of u to notice that we true hardware enthusiastes in iran dont give a **** to these fake/cheap/funny local hardware sites and we use great sites like Guru3D and tomshardware for example.That idiot who copied your articles is nothing but a kid who seeks a big name above his head he doesnt know a damn thing about pc and hardware he is just a translater and a thief.I highly condemn him.
    Peace

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    The issue, I assume, is being dealt with currently.

However, what is this?

How many Persian countries do you know? I know one. It's called Iran.

What do the morals of a whole country have to do with the actions of a single forum?

Racism much? Please have the decency of editing the topic at least, for some damage control.

Thank you.

8. unclesina

unclesina New Member

GPU:
    1 GB HD 7730 @ 955/5860
    His site i mean guard3d is just for himself and a bunch of peasantes who cant even count till 10.And Btw in the case u aint noticed yet that clown copied articles from tomshardware as well.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  9. Davud

Davud Member

GPU:
    MSI 5700XT Gaming X
    You don't know half of it guys....
    I'm living in Iran and I'm Persian.
    This kind of copy/pasting data is so common in my country that its not considered as theft by some people (let's say less than 1 percent). Not only text content and articles, but also software and applications. You can hardly find a genuine OS or software in Iran. All is pirated.

WHY? because we are under sanctions and we can't buy them from the source via credit cards. If someone wants to purchase a serial number for a software or a game, he has to do so from middleman companies inside Iran with double the price. for example, for a 60$ PS4 game, I have to pays 120-150$ !!!! that's right... and that is what an average person gets for three or four days' worth salary!

So this kind of pirating/theft has become a habit for majority of our people. This website -guard3d- is following a pattern, constructed by these experiences. I'm not saying the owner of this website could continue this plagiarizing. Definitely he is the one to blame.

By the way, don't worry about the traffic.That website has got virtually no visitors. Look at its alexa rank: 1,430,291

These website is sort of "go to" on hardware and tech for Iranians:

- sakhtafzarmag.com/ alexa rank: 24,219
    - shahrsakhtafzar.com/ alexa rank: 48,302
    - dbazi.com/ alexa rank: 82,660

10. unclesina

unclesina New Member

GPU:
    1 GB HD 7730 @ 955/5860

khak tu saresh fek karde ba copy kardan mesle in sitaye bozorg mishe.bishoor.

11. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Keep it English guys.

12. unclesina

unclesina New Member

GPU:
    1 GB HD 7730 @ 955/5860
    Yes sir.Just blamed that thief with our native language.

13. javad2015

javad2015 New Member

GPU:
    apacer 2*4
    aziz hade aghal posht sare hamvatanet harf nazan jelo in ajnabia..bade .bande khoda fek nemikarde in ghad barashonn mohem bahse

14. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC
    Guys, English...

15. unclesina

unclesina New Member

GPU:
    1 GB HD 7730 @ 955/5860
    Javad as eclap said speak in english.And yeah he is my countryman too but deserves every trash that i said to him.Cuase his job is very childish and cheap.

16. Segamon

Segamon Member Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I have a box full of angry matches, give the word Hilbert. /jk

17. lexer98

lexer98 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 - WC
    I can't even translate it in Google lol.
    In my country some tech webs steal content from international webs too (like copy paste > google translate > web). There is like a war of "Who upload the news faster" and gets more visits. Because the country manager of the brands usually pay more atention at the web statics than the actual quality of the content

18. LimitbreakOr

LimitbreakOr Master Guru

GPU:
    2070 Super
    Hi hilbert, I've been a quiet reader of guru3d for years and i've often praised your website and directed traffic here. I've had great respect for you because of your unbiased reviews and have regarded you as a gentleman.

This is why i'm a little shocked at how this specific article began with "You'd figure that in most established Persian countries the morals are high right ?" Though I know you're obviously Not racist and I understand that you're upset with your work being copied in such a fashion but as a daily reader of guru3d and as a Persian Canadian I couldn't help but to be disappointed.

I personally think that the so called "Guard3d" is no threat to Guru3d, but i understand that such things need to be cut off at their roots to protect your hard work but please keep it politically correct as your fans come from far and wide.

By the way, there is only one Persian country and that is Iran, Iran has a very unique culture but the language which is called Farsi is spoken by a few other countries. I still have a lot of respect for you great Hilbert, keep up the good work in your reviews :nerd: I'm eagerly waiting for your amd fury review when it is released.

19. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    It sounds like that Javad works for Guard3d.

20. Extreme Plus

Extreme Plus New Member

GPU:
    Corsair 32GB
    go to this website http://www.behnevis.com/

and put the paragraf in the box

and you can see the persian font in the second box

[​IMG]

just copy second box text into the google translate

[​IMG]

and you translated the persian en font to english

Thread Status: