Guard3D.com steals and plagiarizes content from Guru3D.com

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850
    Oh a liberal progressive?! :wanker:

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    thats a wide generalization your casting there. How about you not condemn every one of them for the actions of a few.

3. Fender178

Fender178 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 | GTX 1060
    Look I reported your 2 postings for being rude and disrespectful towards a group of people and a fellow Guru3d user.

4. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    No. Unfortunately for you, you've just come across a person who hates racism. Get some education and manners before you post on the internet because right now you just come across like a pig.

5. broke

broke Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    “To generalize is to be an idiot” William Blake

6. broke

broke Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Hilbert i always thought there needs to be a big faded watermark logo on the charts just to make it harder
    i can honestly say there is no better hardware review site out there and you need to make sure you get credit for your hard work

7. handricks

handricks Member

GPU:
    Radeon xt290 Triple-CF
    They didn't seem to plagiarize !

Hi guys,

I've been going through their portal and have found out that they indeed refereed everything, as the information source, to you and other sites, such as Guru3d & Anandtech ... etc.

In Persian, the word at the end of the article, in a Blue box means " Source ".

They have just translated all to Persian so that others can read it in their mother-tongue language.

I hope that clarifies all.

Note: I am in no way connected to them :) yet just wanted to clarify :) as it might be helpful.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  8. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    This is bad, but then again I don't know if there's much you can do (other than pointing out the theft, like you just did), considering the... well, barriers, in the case at hand.

9. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    That's no excuse. Sometimes its nice to see the different results that sites get when doing their benchmarks. If everyone copied Guru3D then we'd have to all take Hilberts word for it (no offense). If you want to post benchmarks then you should at least spend the time to do your own. Not steal someone elses work that took hours/days to put together.

10. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850
    Don’t forget that we are basically at war with them, its their attitude towards the west, our culture and our laws.
    The most vile anti American, anti European and Anti Jewish rhetoric comes from Iran.
    In the end we didn’t copy them, but they do and not just this web site but everything they can.

Iran is Nazi Germany of our times.

P.S. Some people here are obviously too young and have no idea about the political situation (some even called them Arabs (they are not))

11. Benny_26

Benny_26 Banned

GPU:
    Asus 970 Strix + SA850
    It’s a sad day when someone mixes up a political issue with racial, (unless he does it on purpose of course)
    Either way, I forgive you.

12. Halfmead

Halfmead Master Guru

GPU:
    GigaByte 2070 Super
    While there's no doubt, that the persons in charge of said website is in the wrong. Then as someone mentioned earlier in thread, apparently some of the tech sites gets banned in Iran, no idea if Guru3d/tom's hardware and the likes are in that group though, but could be stuff like that, that has led to this site emerging/plagiarizing/stealing, no idea :)

But a watermark on all reviews/original work is a great idea, it doesn't need to be intrusive really, but it'll leave no doubt from where material is from.
    Doubt there'll be much luck in pursuing the individuals, unless the IP is in another country ofc.

And lastly, let me say...kinda dissapointed in some of the comments in this thread...but at least it's in general, more civil then one could've feared :)

13. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    You have nothing to forgive me for. Enjoy your ban.

14. TeraFlop

TeraFlop New Member

GPU:
    RADEON R9 290
    Hey Guys.
    Im From Iran and Im A Persian.
    we guys back in Iran Have Made lotta Topics and we are Talkin about this Filthy action and we all are Truely Sorry.

I know im not an important person and my words are useless but i just wanted to Deliver this Message From the People who Didn't Like This to happen.
    u all know there are Thives and Bad Persons in all over the world ,not all of us are like 'em and we love and visit all these Tech Websites specially guru3d.
    I Promise that we will Do our Best To Stop Things Like this to happen if we had the Opportunity,Because the most of it comes from the Fact that "we dont have Copyright Laws in our country".i hope we did.
    Please understand.thanks guys.
    Peace out. :)

15. nicugoalkeper

nicugoalkeper Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1060 DUAL OC 6GB
    This i normal on the web, only thing that i see is that they where so lazy to even change them to look different.
    I so many sites and blogs that copy from other sites then they remake it own style but the data are the same, others even change the data (-1fps or +1 so that is hard to spot)!!!!
    This is the world look how many fake are in it ....:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::puke2::puke2:

16. vbetts

vbetts Don Vincenzo Staff Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti
    Benny is taken care of. No more talk of this now.

17. Reddoguk

Reddoguk Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX3090 GB GamingOC
    Making a rival tech website is fine but to steal all of HH's and Guru3d's work is not fine.

Why would you go to all the trouble of photoshopping out the Guru3d watermark because it's obviously that they are too lazy or knowledgeable to do their own work.

Believe it or not but this type of plagiarism can harm tech websites everywhere since it's meant to be an independent review of hardware/software from an experts opinion.

Not just some clown who copies & pastes that **** into his/her own website and calls it their own as that would be bad for us and tech websites as a whole.

ps. Just give me the word boss an that site will be bot-netted back to the stone age. ^^

Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  18. guard3d

guard3d New Member

GPU:
    Guard3D misunderstanding

dear hilbert Hagedoorn

i am senior staff of Guard3D.com. we seen your post today and understand your worry. we here need to clarify the matter by cleansing the mist of misunderstanding:

1- about the name of the site (Guard3D): reason of choosing the name of the website was only the symbol of our enthusiasm in your website, because your website in our mind is one of the 5 best hardware websites on the web, so we had no intention of abusing the name of your website and this deed was only because of our interest toward your website. you just must be proud that a foreign website has picked a name similar to yours just because the enthusiasm toward your website and translated your articles mentioning the source website (this is what a fan does, isn't it?!).

2- about the removing the logo from benchmarks: you used to put your logo on left-down corner of the benchmark (of which we remember) till recently you changed the place and put it on the upper hand of the benchmark. the reason of removing the logo is just that we just wanted it to be more suitable to our taste.

we'd have never removed it in the first place if we knew you'd be uncomfortable. there are many other websites in iran that are copying and translating your articles without mentioning the source, however, our website is the the only website that is using your articles while the source is mentioned. if it was a theft we'd never mentioned the source.

this is a translation an not a theft, this is enthusiasm not theft, this is the standard not a theft! the only mistake that we did and we've accepted it was the removal of the logo. those benchmarks will be changed as you've put it soon.

if it is appropriate to you, please publicize the text.
    ( i read some comments that really made me upset, upset and disappointed of some people that are really mixing the hate with everything in the world like political views, geography, skin color , even language. no one has the right to judge people, isn't this one of your greatest american mottos? people in iran are not the way you think they are as the media propaganda tells you.

i kindly invite you to come to iran and even my house and have a look around. i have some friends from other countries like germany, greece, denmark etc that came to our house as a guest. what is this point of view you have toward iran. these are all LIES. dont believe a word of them.
    and at the end, this misunderstanding is just my bad and i'm the one who is totally.)

19. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    You are using our benchmarks, these fall under our copyright, there is no redistribution or reproducing allowed. As such you do not have the rights to use them whatsoever. For whatever reason you think taking our benchmarks is legal ? You ARE stealing our content.

You can keep your translated text, but REMOVE OUR BENCHMARKS, they are not yours to take and use. I have pursued contact with your host and will forward a DMCA cease and desist notice which will result in the take-down of your website if you do not meet my demands.

Choose, but choose wisely.

H.

20. Clouseau

Clouseau Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC AMP RTX 3070
    Give it up. No one wants to be separated from their need to focus their anger against something or someone. The issue is really that of money and nothing else since the references to the originating works were supplied; modern day annotations. It takes money to keep this site running. Since it is not subscription based, as can be evidenced by this site's founder's reactions to this, it is financed by ad revenue based on how many individuals visit this site that is measured against a predetermined metric.

Does not matter why the person did what they did; site is blocked for the common person, logos shopped out so as to avoid a government's ire, to translate English only sites into another language that is deemed not monetarily worth it. The perception is that money was stolen. Does not matter how much; just that it was.

Does not matter that the internet was supposed to break down barriers and spread knowledge on whatever subject to whomever desired to seek it. It became monetized, twisted to execute vengeance against others, morphed into something it was never intended for. Altruistic ideals are shed when one perceives a threat against one's lively hood.

Unfortunately that individual singled themselves out as a threat. Also shows how easy it is to rally a lynch mob. Read the OX BOW INCIDENT; perfect example of how easy it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.