gtx580 SUCKS every game only run half the dam AA

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by damien666, Jan 4, 2011.

1. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]
    its confirmed by nv, dont use more than 4xaa for now - with any 266.xx driver, it looks like 500 series suffer the most..

2. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Your card is fine... all games you posted have crappy AA support.

3. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    well im back up and running, new install of windows software 80% installed and ready to test again, lets see what happens

4. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    Same old...

New drivers can only save us now...;)

5. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    so are people confirming that only upto x4 AA works.. with the gtx580 ?

6. Trolle

Trolle Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX3070
    looks like only you have that problem and not ALL 580's

7. TheHunter

TheHunter Banned

GPU:
    MSi N570GTX TFIII [OC|PE]

yea i saw i a few owners at nv forums,.. its CSAA modes and sometimes 8xmsaa that makes problems..

8. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    In my case all MSAA modes are working well and 8xMSAA looks better than 4xMSAA. CSAA modes however... Sometimes results are extremely poor.

9. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    1280x720

No AA
    [​IMG]

8xMSAA In Game
    [​IMG]

Definetly working for me, it could do with some transparency SS, but thats normal.

damien666, hopefully things are looking better after your new OS install, as while the GTX580's are having issues with AA on the new drivers, your issue is a very different one.

10. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    it seems to be a big problem for me

hmmm

well after a clean install the problems the same, no difference... im screwed :(

11. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Really? Damn, thats a bitch, so your not getting the same results as i posted above?

Just not sure if its completely broken, or your just not as forgiving as alot of us are when it comes to aliasing.
    In-Game AA rarely, if ever gets rid of all jaggies in my experience, especially if there is alot of foliage, etc.... in the game.

12. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hold up mate ive made progress stalker cop :) ill post results soon.

13. A M D BugBear

A M D BugBear Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4 GTX 970/4-Way Sli
    Try using nhancer, big difference for bypassing settings, give it a try.

14. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    nhancer doesn't work anymore, been replaced by Nvidia Inspector.

Good to know damien666, looking forward to them.

15. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    hmm not as good as i hoped :( heres results

stalker COP... ingame AAx4 works to some extent, i can now see a difference between OFF/ X4, you'll see below, id say it works on 80% of surfaces mainly distanct stuff like that wireing. if i turn ingame AA off and try to force x2, x4, x8Q or even x32 it has no effect weather i enhance/override, this is using clearskys nvidia inspector profile.. am i right to use this profile ??

EDIT: updated image with SSAA results... it seems i cant force normall AA still via inspector or ctrl panel but SSAA works fine forced as you can see from the tree on the right of the image and bushed...

so whats your thoughts on this AA problem with this result?

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2011

16. Moshing

Moshing Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX580 BOE@900core
    Just for comparison sakes, I tried to find a spot that shows a LOT vertical and horizontal lines, where both transparency and main lines will get their chance to show off what's happening.

Stalker CoP 1.6.02 using Forceware 263.09 WHQL on GTX580 with my rig:

No AA at all:
    [​IMG]

4xAA in game CP only:
    [​IMG]

4xAA in game CP, 8xQAA+4xTSAA NvCP
    [​IMG]

On the no AA pic, jaggies everywhere, no further comment needed. On the second pic, 4XAA was applied from the game CP only and NvCP is set to "Application Controlled". Both the boxed in areas show the various levels of distance or type of edge to clean up. The distant tree in the smaller box, for example, shows vastly improved IQ, but then so do all the near edges of steel beams. So distance, or lack thereof, isn't negatively impacting IQ here, and every thing except the transparencies are getting the AA they need to look better, regardless of how vertical or horizontally oriented the edge is.

On the last screenshot, any remaining jaggies have been thoroughly executed with extreme prejudice. The transparent metal grating textures are now jaggy-free and pretty, and even the edges of the surrounding steel beams have cleaned up noticeably further then in-game only AA.

Do you see anything I'm missing in these shots? Everything looks to be working great, in-game set AA, or NvCP set AA.

The one AA related bug I am encountering is that in game AA being enabled or disabled seems to affect a saved games weather. Twice now I've saved in a spot I could take screenshots from while it was semi-sunny outside, and changed the AA setting and returned to the saved spot only to find a rain storm pouring down! It may be one of the mods I have installed flipping out on the AA setting change, but it triggers weather pattern changes. These shots are from the third try and the weather only mildly changed from semi-sunny to completely overcast but not storming at least. I snagged these shots as quick as I could before it turned into a storm. :p

17. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    damien666 there isn't a problem, everything is performing as it should, your getting the same results as everyone else as far as i can see, forcing AA on doesn't appear to make a difference here too, but it could be very subtle.

You still not happy with the image quality?

18. solofly

solofly Banned

GPU:
    eVGA 580 SC SLI@840@1080P
    I've got about 10 computers in my house and i can just about troubleshot anything i want and I'm telling you nvidia drivers are unstable with my two 580s and crash some games (not all), due to borked AA. Driver 263.09 and 266.35 both behave the same for me. The only way to deal with this right now is to disable any AA if you're having problems like I am. It will look like $hit but it's better than not playing at all. At one point future driver will fix this whole mess and I'm sure it won't take months or years like sometimes AMD takes...;)

19. damien666

damien666 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    gtx580 EK H2O @36'c load
    no im happy now AA works in stalker before it dint work at all as you can see from the screen shots i posted, now AA works better than ever on stalker, i would like more than x4AA but it just insnt possible to force any more normall AA till nvidia solve the AA issue.. thank you, now i just need to install nfs and see if it works

[​IMG]

@Moshing
    thank you for the information

20. macdaddy

macdaddy Guest

GPU:
    TITAN X
    Nhancer is dead. The author had some personal issues. Nhancer was one of the reasons that tipped me back to Nvida and so sad its not gonna happen ........ and dam it im still waiting on support for fermi on BADABOOM.