GTX580 and Viewsonic VX2753mh-led

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by racerXX14, Dec 16, 2011.

1. racerXX14

racerXX14 Guest

GPU:
    2x, Evga 1580-AR GTX580
    The problem I am experiencing is that my new monitor is frosted in color,
    almost grey on an all black desktop.

I have turned down brightness, contrast, gama, etc. no change.

Also the monitor is set to PC although I did try AV. Still frosted and over-scaned in AV mode.

In the resolution settings there is HD-SD and PC.

There is a 1080p in the HD-SD section but not in the PC section, It stops at 1680 x1050. (16:10\8:5 ?) Is 16:9 monitor.

I found that I have to either set the "Digital Color Format" to "YCBCR444" to get the frost to go away.

Strangely enough If I try to make a custom resolution of 1920 x 1080 x 32 x 60 hz it says it already exists in the PC selection.

OR

If I make a custom resolution and change the "Advanced timing" setting
    "Vertical Front Porch" to 1 instead of 4 the color returns to normal.

I have tryed 3 HDMI cables, 2 Mimi HDMI to HDMI adapters and DVI to HDMI.

With and without the monitor driver and ICM. and sRGB in windows color.

So I called Viewsonic, they sent me a brand new monitor not a referb and it has the exact problem.

Well I was building a new PC for christmas so I put it together early (ho, ho,ho to me)

It does the same thing.

I have tryed numerous different drivers including the beta 290.36.

O and my old monitor still works just fine ( just smaller 22" and CCFL ).

The tech at Viewsonic and been working with me pretty diligently but they do not have a Nvidia card it there whole store.

They have pluged it into an ATI card and he says it works ok.

So they think it is graphics driver related.

I could use some help with this please.

2. Baalberith

Baalberith Member

GPU:
    Asus RTX2080 Ti OC
    Hello.

U might have to either update the windows trough windows update to detect the new monitor, or download a monitor driver from Viewsonic.

Does the videodriver display the new screen correctly, or doest it say PnP monitor??

Hope this short answer might fix ur problem.

3. racerXX14

racerXX14 Guest

GPU:
    2x, Evga 1580-AR GTX580
    I have tryed it with and without the monitor drivers and the color .ICM files.

It does say it is a VX2753 not PNP after I install the Viewsonic driver.

Makes no difference.

My old PC which was windows 7 x86 did this samething, now I am on a brand new PC with Windows x64 and it has the same problem.

Ok and I have now verified that pluging into a computer using windows 7 x64 and a ATI video card on HDMI does not have the problem.

A friend of mine also just purchased one of these and hooked to his GTX570 and has the same problem.

Viewsonic has verified that the monitor timing should be "DMT" and the Vertical Front Porch is sopost to be on 4.

They also did a dump af the EDID and they say it is good.

So it looks to me like a graphics driver issue, unless it is my video card but my old monitor works fine.

Thanks.

4. racerXX14

racerXX14 Guest

GPU:
    2x, Evga 1580-AR GTX580
    Ok the new beta 290.53 says -
    "Fixes a default panel resolution/ timing bug in 290.36."

Did not fix mine.

Note: I use "DriverCleanerDotNet" to clean up after uninstall, I also use Custom install and select "Clean installation"