GTX480 SLI Power Consumption Question

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by xinhang, Mar 8, 2011.

1. xinhang

xinhang Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 SSC
    My friend wants to sell his GTX 480 to me for $150, so I thought it would be a good upgrade to add another GTX 480 to my system. I have a Seasonic M12D 850Watt powersupply. Wondering if that will handle the GTX 480 Sli? I found this review (http://www.geeks3d.com/20100414/power-consumption-of-two-gtx-480-in-sli-with-furmark-and-3dmark03/), and it said the power consumption under furmark is 624W. Is that the whole system power consumption or is it just the graphic cards? Please let me know. Thanks in advance.

2. Apocalypse~

Apocalypse~ Active Member

GPU:
    --
    850W is quite enough imo.

3. Sever

Sever Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy 3GB 660TI
    depends on whether you plan to OC them or not. with your cpu at 4ghz and im assuming you have a bunch of fans and optical drives, you may not have too much breathing room for overclocking the cards.

but it should run with both 480s at stock clocks.

4. isidore

isidore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    850w is the entire system, two gtx480 consume around 500w, if you don't oc them i think you should be safe, if you oc them then you will be pushing the psu to it's limits and mite break.

5. xinhang

xinhang Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX480 SSC
    Thanks for all the replies. I guess i will stick with one GTX 480 and do a dual configuration when less power hungry cards come out.

6. aparicio1

aparicio1 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA/GTX480SLI
    Is there a way for you to buy it and sell it to me