GTX460M Bugging Out - Unsure if Hardware or Software

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by shadowflar3, Aug 27, 2011.

1. shadowflar3

shadowflar3 Member Guru

GPU:
    eVGA GTX 780
    Hi there, I have an ASUS G73SW-BST6 with a GTX460M inside it. It is not overclocked. It is hooked up to a monitor via VGA cable running 1920 x 1080 native.

I have been getting occasional bugs where my screen will flicker and it will have the error message (Nvidia Driver 261.17 has stopped responding but has recovered). The temps at this point on the core are only about 65 C, so it's not overheating. My games I play (SC2 on Ultra, Aion on max settings) do not artifact. The only thing peculiar is that if im running windows live messenger, the messenger screen goes blank as if it's a blank window, and any video I was streaming online the video box in the webpage turns into green. The games themselves however have 0 artifacts and the card is not over-heating. The drivers have not changed since I got this computer so it could not be a driver issue. Could anyone offer some advice? is there any good video burn in programs I can run to test this?