1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

GTX460M benchmarks...

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by deejaypsy, Aug 8, 2012.

1. deejaypsy

deejaypsy New Member

GPU:
    GTX460M
    Hi guys,
    I just wanted to ask anyone in the know what a good benchmark score for a GTX460M is?
    I have it in my Alienware M15x, and am really happy overall, but after doing a Kombustor benchmark, it seems to be scoring very low!
    My Kombustor score - WavyPlane GL2 1080i : 1345 pts @ 23fps avg
    My Afterburner score - 3DMark : 2086
    This is with my GPU maxed out oc.
    Clock - 745 MHz
    Shader - 1490 MHz
    Memory - 1250 MHz
    I am not that clued up on oc'ing, but the GPU seems to run smoothly on max oc.
    I just saw that my benchmarks are a lot lower than the GTX460 results i have seen online.
    I do realise that the 460 is a desktop GPU and will be more powerful, but my scores seem to be a lot lower.
    Please could someone shed some light on this for me, if there is a problem at all...
    I have the latest Nvidia drivers installed and my system is running on full power mode.
    Cheers
    Si

2. MAD-OGRE

MAD-OGRE Ancient Guru

GPU:
    SLI EVGA 780 Classifieds
    Laptop cards are about 50% weaker then desk top counter parts, no point in comparing bench marks from a desk top version.

3. yaashg

yaashg New Member

GPU:
    saphhire7850 2gb
  4. deejaypsy

deejaypsy New Member

GPU:
    GTX460M
    I was aware that the desktop version was a lot more powerful, but i did not know by so much!
    Thanx for the link...checking it out now...

5. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus RX580 XTR 8GB
    GTX460m performance is around GTS250 aka GTS450 desktop.

6. Imglidinhere

Imglidinhere Master Guru

GPU:
    4GB Nvidia GTX 960M
    The best overclock I ever managed to hold 24/7 was 750/1500/1550 back with my older Toshiba Qosmio X505.

The 460M is bottlenecked by it's lower memory bandwidth. If you push it to around 1600 from 1250, you'll see a significant boost in framerates well beyond what you'd see from overclocking the core and shaders.

7. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A