GTX260 tips?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Qdog002, Aug 15, 2009.

1. Qdog002

Qdog002 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 C216 55
    Well, I`ve had my new card in now for 2 weeks and no problems. I modified my Dell Inspiron 530 with a new psu and gpu, a couple of right angle sata cables and some thought out cable management,( which took a good amount of time). Screen res. 1680x1050. Mostly use my flight sim, getting constant high 90`s low 100`s fps:) Also use EA 2005 SimRacing. Great game, so cool. No hiccups. So my question is should I overclock the gpu even though I don`t need to. How much more of an improvement could I reach?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG][/IMG]

2. kingsface

kingsface Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 570 @ 900Mhz AXP
    Nice. In my opinion there is no point of oc'ing if you've got optimal fps at your resolution. Oc'ing will just generate extra heat. Besides If I were you I'd like to play with v-sync on and a constant fps of 75 at stock settings.

3. DSK

DSK Banned

GPU:
    HD5770/BenQ G2220HD
    Depends... what you're res is, say 1600x1200/1680x1050 or higher the i think you'll see a boost via overclocking (just a little one though).

4. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    No point in OC'ing. You would get constant 97+ fps which would not make a difference going from 90fps. Also it will generate more heat. And know it also voids warranty..

5. Qdog002

Qdog002 Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 260 C216 55
    Tried it with vsync on and really no difference in playability. Only difference was the fps were lower by about 30. Will running with vsync off and higher fps do any kind of damage?

6. Camster

Camster Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 4890 OC
    No it won't hurt anything but you can get image tearing. Once I went LCD I could no longer stand VSYNC off. If you force it on its good to turn on Triple Buffering to prevent frame rate halving if your card can't maintain 60 or 75 fps or whatever your refresh is set at.

7. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti
    EVGA provides Precision an overclocking tool for GPUs. He will not void his warranty.

8. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    I dont OC it anymore as I dont need to since I get 75 FPS+ in mostly any games...
    It just create more heat for nothing, maybe in some near future, but by then I'll have a better card, soo not point in OCing it at all. 260GTX is plain awesome! Best 3D card I have owned since Voodoo 3 3000

9. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    Be carefull of EVGA, their product are weak! Hense the great RMA service they have...

10. jmpnop

jmpnop Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 260 Core 216
    You may have had bad experience. They got quality products. They are one of the best nvidia card manufacturers.

11. HeavyHemi

HeavyHemi Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX1080Ti

Which explains why you have an EVGA GPU and motherboard...:3eyes:

12. FNK

FNK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX GTR 480 XXX
    At first only my brother mobo died, then my 680i (they sent me a 750i for replacement). That 750i also had problems whit a dying mem controler... and 260GTX artifacts from times to times... could be my fault, but the older pc in my house built from gygabytes and Asus Pc still run flawlessly. (My personnal experiences)

*END OF OFFTOPIC*