GTX TITAN X at 1080p : how long is it going to last ?

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Nhirlathothep, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Nhirlathothep

Nhirlathothep Active Member

GPU:
    Many GPUs
    tnx, this is the info i was looking for, please swear that you re not going to necrolink this on ebay the 14/1/2022 when i m going to sell my titanx

:tomcat:

Last edited: Nov 6, 2015
  2. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi 1070 X / 970 / 780Ti
    How long? Until new tech that your card/monitor isn't capable of gets released. DX13 or something else.

Just look at all the past, King of the Hill video cards for reference. How long did those last?

DX11 made a lot of the older, powerful GPUs nearly obsolete. GPUs that could potentially still run some of the newer games if it wasn't for DX11.

3. Nhirlathothep

Nhirlathothep Active Member

GPU:
    Many GPUs
    true, but i m not asking for a 980ti because i m going to buy a used-brandnew titanx for less price than a 980ti (from a guy i know)

but what you say it s 100% true

4. ThunderForce

ThunderForce Member

GPU:
    GTX 980 / 4 MB
    I like this answer.

5. Fusion_XT

Fusion_XT Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX1080 X 2139/5400
    I bought the first Titan when it was released. Even then people said to me it would last me like 5-7 years easily.... :nerd:

Look what i have now.. says enough doesnt it. And yes i game at 1080P (120hz).

Just look at some benchmarks at 1080p and you will see within 2 years yours will be lacking in every department and you will have to dail settings back to the point where a game just looks like ****.

It happend to me, it will happen to you.