Hello to all of you** I'm a bit stuck with what I should do and I would like to get your opinion/answer to a couple of questions regarding those Nvidia GPU. Back in November 2014, I built a gaming system which was an upgrade (I7-4790k, 16 GB of corsair vengeance pro, Asus Z97 pro wifi, GTX 980). I currently run all of this on a very old LG 226WTQ 1680x1050 screen. It's completely overkill but I decided to upgrade the system first then buy my new monitor. I'm currently in the process of buying said monitor and I'm strongly looking for a 1440p IPS 144hz Gsync monitor (the new xbu27hu is basically what I'm looking for*). I've seen most reviews stating the GTX 980 will barely give a decent amount of FPS on it (Gsync will help for sure but still)... and that is as of now meaning down the road in a couple months/year it will probably struggle. I've pulled the trigger on the GTX 980 back in November because the GTX 980ti was all speculations in terms of costs, availability and performance (Since the Titan Z was around 3k$, I expected the Titan X to be around 1500$-2000$ and the GTX 980ti to be somewhere 1000$-1500$ which is quite pricey). Finally, there's a 180$ difference between what I paid for my Gigabyte G1 GTX 980 back in November and the new Gigabyte G1 GTX 980ti where I live. If I knew a difference of only 180$ would have separated both cards for such a performance difference, I would have waited to get the GTX 980 ti. What has been done has been done and here I sit with my GTX 980 (decent card, but probably not enough for 1440p 144hz...) and I'm stuck not knowing what to do. A) I can sell my used GTX 980 (I expect to lose 100$-150$ on the initial price) then buy a new GTX 980ti (180$ difference) making it roughly a 300$-350$ upgrade. If I go that route, the fastest I sell my card, the best the value I can have and I could always SLI a second GTX 980ti down the road for a very decent GPU performance. B) I can wait for the price of the GTX 980 to drop then SLI a second one. Most online benchmarks on SLI GTX 980 for 1440p at 144hz are pretty deceiving as the 4GB VRAM is really the biggest contraint. C) I could hold on to my GTX 980 and wait for the next generation of Pascal chip (I guess I could always SLI down the road when the price comes to the lowest for the GTX 980 while waiting for my Pascal upgrade). No official specs have been released yet but I understand the 3D VRAM and new features will probably make this the first real decent chip to push more than 60 FPS on 4k (once the monitor refresh rate goes beyond that) making it a much more powerful card than the amazing GTX 980ti. My only fear going that road is the new NVLink. If Pascal is relased with the NVLink, my understanding is the architecture of the PCI connector will change commanding a motherboard upgrade (which will probably also mean a CPU/RAM upgrade). Since I spent a good amount of money on a very decent system, I don't want to change my whole system just for a new GPU in 1-2 years. Can I have your opinion on all of this? What would you do in my situation? If you need anymore information, please let me know** Thank you very much in advance to all of you and have a nice day.