GTX 970 Owners Thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by ScoobyDooby, Sep 19, 2014.

Tags:
  1. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    Yeah, I can see the retailers have the logo yeah, but they can't have all have received new stock with these codes in? What they done with the old stock?

There's not 2 different EANs or anything....

2. stevevnicks

stevevnicks Maha Guru

GPU:
    Don't need one
    now all my multi screen issues are sorted out, it was down to my anti virus software stopping the NVidia drivers, feckn bull guard caused load of issues so changed it to something else, now I love my Gigabyte GTX970 G1's even more ... could not be more happy with them.

3. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    Try bitdefender, it just stays out of the way.

Sure it's not all bells and whistles but it's small and works.

4. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    It's not, it's an email code. I know, as my vendor has agreed to send me one :D

Probably more due to my previous, now resolved issues.

Sorry :eek3:

5. VultureX

VultureX Banned

GPU:
    MSI GTX970 SLI
    Well that does it. I wish I had gone to a retailer instead of an e-tailer. I've sent them both an email asking for a code. For one shop I ordered the card 1 day before the action and for the other it is still within the 14 day return period. Please let me have a little bit of luck, just for once! :'(

6. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    Got my code!

Just need to decide which game now. Hmm...

7. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    I am going to be grabbing a GTX 970 in a couple weeks. The performance it offers for its price point just can't be beat. The driver issues with AMD never seem to end. I will be glad to sell off my R9 280X. Powerplay continues to do clock switches in games, and I am sick and tired of having to disable it to get things working as they should. No one can deny that Nvidia drivers are far more stable. I am excited to be going back to the green team. This R9 280X will be my last AMD card.

8. Razoola

Razoola Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 (MSI gaming)
    Hi, I have been using the gtx970 now for a few weeks (MSI gaming) and while the card seems fine for 3D things I seem to be having trouble with normal desktop usage. For example many times when double click an icon to open a program its window does not fully draw. I either have to drag it off and back on screen or close and open the program again. Its beginning to get quite annoying.

I have tried all three drivers for the card and none seem to help. Is anyone else having this issue or knows of a fix?

I have come from a gtx295 to a gtx970 and the problem started with the 970.

Any ideas?

9. SpecChum

SpecChum Master Guru

GPU:
    Vega 64 - Acer XR34
    Umm, really not sure although that does sound more like a driver issues then a hardware one.

I'd try using DDU then reinstalling it from scratch.

10. DW75

DW75 Maha Guru

GPU:
    ROG GTX1080 Ti OC
    I have a feeling that once AMD releases the R9 380X and R9 390X, that Nvidia is going to come back with a GTX 970 Ti and GTX 980 Ti with 6GB vram and a 384 bit bus. This would not surprise me at all.

11. BenTTwiG

BenTTwiG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I am replacing my HD7950 today with the Asus Strix GTX 970 I got yesterday once UPS drops off my H110.

Besides going through control panel to remove all the AMD control center and drivers for my GPU is it still needed to run any of the other driver removers as used in the past or is that going to be good enough?

Also any recommendation on the most stable driver currently? Seeing a decent amount of people staying with 344.16 I think it was.

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Didn't I read that the GM204 Maxwell chip on the 980 was already maxed out and there wouldn't be a Ti version?

Or was that a dream?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2014
  13. ScoobyDooby

ScoobyDooby Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti & Acer X34
    I can't comment on the 344.60 yet (will upgrade to them tonight as they apparently help fix some performance in Elite Dangerous) but from what I've read they have improved performance over earlier drivers.
    I definitely can say that performance improved for me once I went up from 344.16.

14. EdKiefer

EdKiefer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 970 Gaming 4G
    GM204 is maxed with 980 .
    what they have would be a GM200/210 , much larger die with 384bus , who knows what it would be called (TitanII, 980Ti ) etc .
    the thing is can they do it on 28nm size ,cause if not then it will be a while .
    Whatever it is it will be a lot more than 980, price/performance wise .

15. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI

16. Agent-A01

Agent-A01 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    1080Ti H20
    There wont be a such naming scheme, but there will be cards called GM210 that have a 384bit bus, much like 680 to 780 is. Gk104 vs GK110. The 980 is a fully unlocked GM204

17. Extraordinary

GPU:
    GTX980 SLI
    Gotcha, so different from the 780 vs the 780Ti then

18. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    I just ordered from amazon the Asus Strix 970.. is that better than the GA G1 . please someone tell me xD

19. BenTTwiG

BenTTwiG Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Strix GTX 970
    I think people rate them the G1, MSI Gaming, then the Strix.

I got the Strix as it was the last available ship/sold from Amazon and the difference between the 3 are slight at best.

I'm happy with my purchase so far put it in last night once I got my H110 also.

20. X7007

X7007 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 1080GTX
    hmm, why, because G1 overclock better and comes with some free cables ?

Anyway the G1 is way more expensive, I don't need to invest 60$ for just 100 mhz...

http://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeFo...d=1415454268&sr=8-1&keywords=gigabyte+gtx+970

http://www.amazon.com/ASUS-STRIX-GTX970-DC20C-4GD5-Graphics-Cards/dp/B00NJ9BJ8G

Last edited: Nov 8, 2014